Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I do not like the 1.2 Patch [Mod Edit]

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I returned for the only reason that it was free but they've ruined PVP even more. I mean Ilum is just dead, the worlds are dead, including Tatooine which had amazing Balloon Ride PVP. Everyone is on the fleet now because it's a hub based game and not a true MMO, so you'll just go to Battlegrounds or Instances via the fleet.... why there are capital cities I'll never know.

However the class balance is the worst it has ever been, people might have complained before about Sorcs and Sages being out of whack, now however it's just all gone crazy and they've made changes that never needed to happen. I thought SWTOR was the msot balanced MMO I've ever played apart from some minor things, now they've just ruined that thanx to the forums whiners who seem to ruin every game. I know that is Ironic btw, the difference is I'm not complaining to make the game easier cause I suck at PVP.

The thing I loved about SWTOR was the combat system, I felt it was the best I've played since WoW. I loved how long it took to kill people, it took me back to the massively long duels of SWG. They've gotten rid of that in SWTOR and now you'll die or kill the enemy so much easier and it's horrible. I don't see why they had to reduce the length by about a third...... just ruined it!

I mean the combat was perfect so why touch it? What ruined the game was how much of a hub based MMO it was and they've just made that worse! The best thing they coulda done is removed the fleet stations and put us in the world ffs.

[Do not edit moderator changes.]

Comments

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

You forgot "I cancelled my sub."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I thought the balance was horrible at launch. I remember pot/buff stacking on my operative and I could literally blow up 2 people in a 2v1 situation consistantly. I don't know what they changed after that first month, but the balance was horrid in general.

In the context of a group? It was just stupid what was possible.

I guess everyone has an opinion though. And I wouldn't doubt that their balance currently sucks hard like you suggest. I think they should have perhaps just gone pure PvE. Their concepts about PvP gear aquisition, PvP gear stats, resolve, class balance, world PvP, structured world PvP and their rank system were pretty terrible.

Although Huttball was awesome. Especially when you were on vent with your friends. It would have been better if I didn't literally have to play it 9 times out of 10 because I chose the more populated side.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I enjoyed the game, but not enough to sub. I was so prepared to shell out every month for a year and I played through everything in a month. Severe dissapointment.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Panther2103

I enjoyed the game, but not enough to sub. I was so prepared to shell out every month for a year and I played through everything in a month. Severe dissapointment.

You finished all 8 classes stories in one month? How much did you play?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by nomss

Oh dear, imagine the epic boredom that would wash over you if you tried to do that.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

[Mod Edit]

EDIT:  As far as the OP, I don't agree or disagree really.  Not currently playing the game.  However, when I did play I felt the balance was off.  I played as a Sorc and I was pretty damn hard to kill.  I remember my thoughts after the first time I played a bunch of warzones in a row.."uhh this class needs a nerf."

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

The stories are no where near good enough to justify playing through multiple times.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

I love love love the game. Sci fi + MMO = Awesome.  The story was nice  but I enjoyed the PvP the most. The choreographed combat and force powers just does it for me. Unfortunately they need to fix what they did in 1.2 to PvP. Dieing in 3 seconds in a 1 vs 1 duel is not cool. It's ruined a game that I actually enjoyed playing.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Originally posted by Cromica

The stories are no where near good enough to justify playing through multiple times.

I never found a story that was good enough to justify playing through once...  but I found them just way to chiche and linear.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Wow that would would be terrible. Doing the same thing 8 times to see maybe 10% in quest differences.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by dead2soon

Wow that would would be terrible. Doing the same thing 8 times to see maybe 10% in quest differences.

lol, exactly.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I'm on the fence with 1.2.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether or not the patch is truly bad, but the sheer amount of complaints on the forums has to mean something.  On the surface though, a lot of it makes no sense to me.  They nerf the money made through PvP and award players based on how many medals they have.  First, this is going to kill the interest a lot of PvE players had in PvP, thus making the queue times longer.  Secondly, if players are loosing, they're going to just try to get as many medals as possible rather than try to actually win, thus defeating the whole purpose of basing awards on the number of medals awarded.  For Gunnery Commandos, Grav Round's damage was nerfed in order to encourage players to work in additional attacks as previously spamming Grav Round over and over allowed them to reach 85% of their DPS potential.  The problem with this is they forgot to spread around all the buffs and other benefits that are tied to Grav Round, so in essence, we Gunnery Commandos still have to spam Grav Round only we now do much less DPS.  It seems to the uneducated as if whoever is in charge of these decisions has no idea what they're doing.

The Legacy System which we've been gainining Legacy levels for the past 4 months now is just a giant grind.  Your legacy level means next to nothing.  It's just a bare minimum level you must be before you can unlock certain goodies.  Want to play as a Sith Jedi?  Either pay 1 million credits or level up an Empire Sith to 50 then create ANOTHER alt for the Sith Jedi you originally wanted to create.  Oh, is your main a human?  Oh about your highest level alt?  Well, we'll give you a presence buff.  The Legacy System appears to me as being little else than a artificial content put in place to make re-rolling seem as if it's a unique game feature.

I haven't ran any of the new flashpoints becaues BioWare made them so hard that no one is pugging them.  Not that anyone pugs any sort of flashpoints on my server anyway.  Kinda kills the game for me after 50 since it's just a daily quest grind after that.  Haven't tried the new PvP map either.  I can't select the map, and I keep getting Alderaan every time I queue up.

At least the improved textures look nice.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Tatooine isn't dead on my server, with the World event ongoing, and a World Boss that's needed for the title spawning in Outlaw's Den I've seen more PvP on Tattooine over the past couple of days than ever before.

I'm on a PvP server, and Rep and Imp ops groups are also going around fighting one another for the chance to trigger Infected Trapjaw and the Rakghoul boss at the Sarlaac pit.

Obviously, ymmv depending on your server, and I won't dispute Ilum, mess that it was.

Some of the nerfs with 1.2 were daft, as an Operative I'm really glad I'm a healer because damage in the Op trees has taken a pretty drastic hit since launch.

Sages and sorcs needed to be nerfed to where they actually had to think about managing their force, my sorc is still lol-cakewalk to play in comparison to my operative. Some of the other changes had me scratching my head, but most people seem to be coping ok with the changes (going by guildies).

TTK in PvP is something I've never paid much attention to, with 1.2 and class symbols, I get focused as soon as I set foot in a WZ, but open world times seem decent enough.

No changes will ever please everyone, it's a shame they were the straw the broke the camel's back for you, OP.

I'll stick around in SW:TOR for a while, the world event got me playing again, who knows how I'll feel when it ends, but for now, it's all good.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The main problem was they've reduced combat time so PVP is quicker now. I loved how SWTORS PVP would take a long time to kill each other, as I said it reminded me a bit of how long SWGs duels were. Now all they've done is make it even more like WoW and it sucks, the combat was the only thing I liked.

What I wanted them to do is remove Fleet Stations and put us into the cities and connect the chats to one big city chat so it didn't matter which one you were in. That way each server would find it's own city that was more populated than the other. I would love to have Anchorhead popular as it's by far the best city in the game and it's fully 3D so it feels like it exists, there are no invisible walls in it like the others.

Oh well I wont be staying to see out the free trial.

• Thoth-AmonThoth-Amon Member Posts: 91

ye, no one plays sorcs and bhs any more as they were nefed so hard do they.. oh wait! whats in my WZ group, nothing but sorcs and bhs!

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

The Pvp people are not happy but as a returning player taking advantage of my 7 free days I am impressed with the new UI.  Obviously this was the UI they were planning on launching with.

My main problem is that the one thing this game got right, the voice acting is now borked.  Sometimes your character speaks in the cut scenes and sometimes they just stand there and say nothing.  If you don't have sub titles on you have no idea what is going on.  This isn't a problem for someone like me who spacebars through everything but the class quests, but it's not going to be acceptable to people who are just coming into the game.

Because I'm leveling a new character I cannot comment on anything except the things I use as I level so I only can say that the voice acting is messed up and so is the GTN.  There are certain categories that don't show up in searches now and people who try to sell stuff on the GTN are pretty upset that a few of their items can no longer be seen.

It just seems like a bunch of bugs were added just to get a UI in the game that should have been there at launch.  I'm not so sure this give-previous-players 7 free days is going to work all that well.  It didn't on me.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I'm on the fence with 1.2.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether or not the patch is truly bad, but the sheer amount of complaints on the forums has to mean something.  On the surface though, a lot of it makes no sense to me.  They nerf the money made through PvP and award players based on how many medals they have.  First, this is going to kill the interest a lot of PvE players had in PvP, thus making the queue times longer.  Secondly, if players are loosing, they're going to just try to get as many medals as possible rather than try to actually win, thus defeating the whole purpose of basing awards on the number of medals awarded.  For Gunnery Commandos, Grav Round's damage was nerfed in order to encourage players to work in additional attacks as previously spamming Grav Round over and over allowed them to reach 85% of their DPS potential.  The problem with this is they forgot to spread around all the buffs and other benefits that are tied to Grav Round, so in essence, we Gunnery Commandos still have to spam Grav Round only we now do much less DPS.  It seems to the uneducated as if whoever is in charge of these decisions has no idea what they're doing.

The Legacy System which we've been gainining Legacy levels for the past 4 months now is just a giant grind.  Your legacy level means next to nothing.  It's just a bare minimum level you must be before you can unlock certain goodies.  Want to play as a Sith Jedi?  Either pay 1 million credits or level up an Empire Sith to 50 then create ANOTHER alt for the Sith Jedi you originally wanted to create.  Oh, is your main a human?  Oh about your highest level alt?  Well, we'll give you a presence buff.  The Legacy System appears to me as being little else than a artificial content put in place to make re-rolling seem as if it's a unique game feature.

I haven't ran any of the new flashpoints becaues BioWare made them so hard that no one is pugging them.  Not that anyone pugs any sort of flashpoints on my server anyway.  Kinda kills the game for me after 50 since it's just a daily quest grind after that.  Haven't tried the new PvP map either.  I can't select the map, and I keep getting Alderaan every time I queue up.

At least the improved textures look nice.

Have to agree. Especially in regards to the pvp. I was in one warzone where we were losing at the very early stages so there was more than enough time to come back but folks were already going to the one turret we controlled for defender badges. I said 'I can't be a part of this' and just left.

Not to mention they freaking screwed up my class quest. I started messing with my 50 and realized I was doing the same quests again! They said they know there are issues with folks who have completed certain quests and now having them appear again in their log as if never done. How the heck do you screw that up? Was rather irritated since I had done a good amount of running around.

As for the Legacy system? Way too much grinding for me to care. My interest is decreasing as time goes at this point while it is growing stronger with other games on the horizon.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

LOL! And having to do 99,9% of the same content again and again, because the class story quest is just 0,1% of the total game.

I got completely fed up and bored rolling my third ALT. Just couldn't stomach it anymore and pretty much ruined the spacebar of my keyboard lol.

Thanks but no thanks.

• HamrtimeHamrtime Member Posts: 200

They nerfed the hell out of sorc healers so bad that they are now completely useless in pvp. And for anyone who said they were op didnt know how to play their class. I tried 1.2 for 2 days and i couldnt even out heal 1 sorcs dps. I had all bm gear looking forward to the long gind for thewar hero gear. After those 2 days, I hit the cancel button.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by grimfall

You forgot "I cancelled my sub."

He already cancelled his sub. He returned because it was free..so ..no loss I guess. Just no gain as well.

• Originally posted by colddog04

Oh dear, imagine the epic boredom that would wash over you if you tried to do that.

Seriously.  I actually would have really liked to finish all class stories but it get so painfully tedious and boring to do so.  Between only getting one class thing per level and replaying basically the same class just on the other side and then redoing the same starting quests for every single character in places like coruscant which has way too much slow walking.

Egad, it would be torture.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

It certainly does. It added nothing new to the game besides additional nerfs and credit sinks. After all, that''s all the Legacy System is.

Things like character customization (Unify colors) and "high resolution textures" were already in the beta long before they decided to remove it shortly before release. Gee, i wonder why? The new flashpoint and OPS are completely irrelevant to me since grouping while leveling in this game is non existent.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277

Patch 1.2 was a big improvement.  You didn't mention what inspired you to say it's crap so I won't elaborate either.

Ilum is dead, yes.  That has nothing to do with 1.2 - the dev's have said they are going back to the drawing board with ilum and made no mention of fixing it in any version of their patch notes that have been up for over a month.

Tatooine and the world event are popping on my server whenever I go there.  It's very hard to get dailies done without a raid because of all of the pvp going on.

Many healers are whining that they can be killed now but everyone else I play with is very happy with the pvp changes.

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181

first of all, they need to fix the stuttering problem.

• Coltaine00Coltaine00 Member Posts: 52

I thought PvP was bad before 1.2.  Which is why I unsubbed.

I'm amazed they actually made it worse.