Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games you're looking forward too besides GW2

EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Title says it all.  Despite what people over in the GW2 forums think, there will be other games coming out in 2012 (and 2013).  I was wondering, of the games in the pipeline, what games are you interested in?  Tell us why!  Be specific!

Personally, the whole concept behind World of Darkness sounds interesting.  And CPP earned my respect as a developer over the years with Eve online.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

Comments

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

On that list, only AA, but watch out for elder scrolls MMO, zenimax built a new facility a few years back, designed for online gaming, which is headed by matt firor (co founder of mythic, who made DAoC) so they have the potential and money to put out a top notch game.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Planetside 2 - GW2 is my PVP time filler until this launches as this has true RVR.  not anomynous 2 week battles

also the wh40k mmo has been canned

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Planetside 2 - GW2 is my PVP time filler until this launches as this has true RVR.  not anomynous 2 week battles

also the wh40k mmo has been canned

doh!  Didn't know that about wh40k...

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Planetside 2 for sure. No mmo can compare to the Planetside PvP experience. There is simply nothing like it.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Planetside 2. I will play GW2 and PS2. Can't wait for PS2 to come out :)

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I know the project has been canned, but 40k is on the list, thus I have to vote for it. :p

But as far as games actually coming out, Archeage looks interesting.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Diablo 3

I might try Firefall as well. No other mmos interest me though.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

If they can get TSW "right" I think the genre itself could be an amazing platform for storytelling.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

ArcheAge looks like a lot of fun so my vote is on that one :)

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

EQ next and Archage

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

ArcheAge for sure, if we ever hear anything about a NA/EU publisher.

I didn't see it on your list, but I'm interested in checking out Neverwinter, if Cryptic gets it right.  That's slated for 2012.

Torchlight II and Diablo III are on my list as well.

I think we're going to be waiting a while for CCP to announce an actual launch date for World of Darkness, but it DOES look intriguing.  I know I'll be keeping an eye on it.

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

If they can get everything they promise into TSW then it could be a great game. I like the idea of a Modern day, real world setting.

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

Salem and Neverwinter.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Wolvards

On that list, only AA, but watch out for elder scrolls MMO, zenimax built a new facility a few years back, designed for online gaming, which is headed by matt firor (co founder of mythic, who made DAoC) so they have the potential and money to put out a top notch game.

I'm crossing my fingers for this one... 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Planetside 2

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Originally posted by Wolvards

I'm crossing my fingers for this one... 

I'm really, really trying not to get my hopes up, but the thought of skyrim in an mmo... oh my, chances being, if they planed on making one,  it's already being made, they spent "rumored" 300 million for a new "facility". I doubt a facility costs 300 mill. what maybee 50-100 for the building, 200 mill for play money? :) haha, ok /rant off, not getting my hopes up too high. maybe a little ha

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

End of Nations - because hey, RTSes are rare as it is.

Planetside 2 - nuff said.

Torchlight 2 - Enjoyed the first one, don't see why I wouldn't enjoy the sequel.

And so far that would really be it. Nothing else managed to woo me.

TSW, while interesting, is a little bit too secretive on the game content considering it's so close to release. Other currently announced MMOs don't strike me fancy at all, and a lot of non-MMO games are yet to be scheduled around the E3 times I suppose. 

As far as WoD MMO goes... that's nowhere near release. I don't expect it anytime before 2014 to be honest. 

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

World of Darkness, but it's a long way off.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Looking forward to:

World of Darkness

TSW

EQ Next

Planet Side 2

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

TSW

ArcheAge

World of Darkness

Defiance

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    No MMOs other than GW2 on my radar. But after playing the closed betas I have bought Diablo 3 and certainly plan to play Path of Exile. And I chipped in for the kickstarter of Wasteland 2.
  • nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

Short term going to play Tera. It's mostly using the standard MMO game mechanics but I feel that they have done one of the better jobs of combing action game play and should be amusing for awhile. World of Darkness is a long-term look out as I hope that shapes up well and they keep the ideas they have put forth so far, like perma-death and player control.

Played some Blade and Soul and while there is still a lot for them to do to it to make it better I can see what the core is like. While its a pretty game and brings some slightly different combat mechanics from what you normally see its still at its core the same sort of MMO you've played before. There is a lot of action in it, skills comboing together, but not enough reaction, like blocking and dodging, for a kung-fu feel and is mostly what I've played in other games before as far as game play feel.

Shame about Warhammer 40k but while it felt like they were getting some things right, like vechiles controlled by players, I think they pretty much shot themselves in the foot when they decided to go for a 2 faction system. The Warhammer games just don't feel the same without it, and I'm not even a huge Warhammer fan, just think the setting and lore is cool.