Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

144 people in Coruscant at 10 pm is far from fail(pic)

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Glad to see The Fatman is still a heavy server. If I take up the free time that will be a plus.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by Jason2444

Originally posted by Warjin

The Server is the Fatman US.

You took a screen shot... Of the largest server out of all the 216 servers... And that's your proof?

They do need to merger servers, Swtor added WAYYYYYY to many servers at launch but this picture shows that with a healthy server players will flock to the game and play.

I will take another screen later on to show server selection and prime time.

You do realize a full WoW server has 800+ people in one city right?

Think about this for a second. WoW supposidly has 2.5 million EU and US subs. They have over 200 US servers ALONE, and well over 30 of them are full/heavy pop.

SWTOR supposidly has close to 2 million subs, has only 216 TOTAL server and can barely reach 2 full server the week that the most overhyped patch in history is released. 

No one is "flocking" to the game. All patches do is cause activity to spike for a few weeks and then die down again. Bioware will never have a positive sub scriber count unless they release an expansion.

Patch = retention

Expansion = new subs

Period 

Well yeah lol nothing can compair to WoW's subs, WoW had 7+ years, but you have to agree 500 on a Fleet is pretty impresive for a game that just came out, remember WOW didn't break 1 million subs till almost a year in (8mths or so)

• Skyy_HighSkyy_High Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 138

Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

Ignore the WoW ragers, Ignore the GW2 nerd forum patrol, lets just stop trying to prove anything to the local kid population.  It's no use, they are biased to whatever game they play, or will play.  They hate this game but troll the forums to spew crap and crap only, go figure.  When GW2 comes out and those forums explode with the current kid armchair experts, entitlement  crowd, and me me me generation, lets all remember and laugh at them.

I agree, no matter what proof I show they will find a way to twist it, I myself am waiting to play GW2 but in no way am I leaving Swtor, I will be playing both games as many of us will.

People need to understand that if Swtor fails ALL other MMO from here on out will fail and the reason future MMO dev. will be scared to make a high priced MMO because they think it will fail, if Swtor fails World of Warcraft will be the ONLY MMO on the market and all other MMO past present or future will just become low budget money grabs,

So for the sake of ALL MMO's to come people better pray for Swtor not to fail.

Frankly, if developers realize that a big budget and a beloved IP aren't enough to save a game from stale mechanics and a poor endgame, that would be a good thing for the industry. If TOR is the last big WoW clone, it will be because it failed (or, really, didn't do as well as expected), and that's a good thing. It's failure won't "kill" anything that deserves to live. 

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

You took a screen shot... Of the largest server out of all the 216 servers... And that's your proof?

They do need to merger servers, Swtor added WAYYYYYY to many servers at launch but this picture shows that with a healthy server players will flock to the game and play.

Think about this for a second. WoW supposidly has 2.5 million EU and US subs. They have over 200 US servers ALONE, and well over 30 of them are full/heavy pop.

SWTOR supposidly has close to 2 million subs, has only 216 TOTAL server and can barely reach 2 full server the week that the most overhyped patch in history is released. 

No one is "flocking" to the game. All patches do is cause activity to spike for a few weeks and then die down again. Bioware will never have a positive sub scriber count unless they release an expansion.

Patch = retention

Expansion = new subs

Period 

Well yeah lol nothing can compair to WoW's subs, WoW had 7+ years, but you have to agree 500 on a Fleet is pretty impresive for a game that just came out, remember WOW didn't break 1 million subs till almost a year in (8mths or so)

You are still focusing on one server. It would be more impressive if half of the servers had same amount of population. But that is not the case. One heavy server doesn't mean game is doing well just how one light server doesn't mean game is dying.

Both sides are exaggerating to make their point.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

500 people ISN'T REALLY that impressive... Especially when Bioware designed the game in such a way to basically herd everyone into the same tiny area.

And when SWTOR first came out they had A LOT more activity. You think 500+ on fleet in one server is good? When SWTOR first came out, that was the case for AT LEAST 30+ severs.

Now it's down to 2. Was down to 1 before 1.2.

And don't start with WoW taking a year to get 1 million subs. The MMO market was VASTLY different when WoW entered. SWTOR wouldn't have broken 500k sales if WoW didn't break the new ground first. 

Hell without WoW, EA would have seen SWTOR has too risky a venture to create. Just look how safe they played it, copying everything from WoW, you think EA would risk breaking new ground in the MMO market? Please

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

10:41 pm Euro servers

People need to understand that if Swtor fails ALL other MMO from here on out will fail and the reason future MMO dev.

Wrong, if SWTOR fails, EA will lose all credibility in the MMO market and we can finally be rid of them.

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Patch = retention

Expansion = new subs

Period 

You are still focusing on one server. It would be more impressive if half of the servers had same amount of population. But that is not the case. One heavy server doesn't mean game is doing well just how one light server doesn't mean game is dying.

Both sides are exaggerating to make their point.

Did you see the screen shots of server selection both EURO & US.

US is just starting prime time, EURO it's almost 11:00 PM at night

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

People need to understand that if Swtor fails ALL other MMO from here on out will fail and the reason future MMO dev.

Wrong, if SWTOR fails, EA will lose all credibility in the MMO market and we can finally be rid of them.

Wrong. The big game publishers will never stop trying to cash in on MMO's.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

I saw 5 server with a high pop.

FIVE

FIVE

OUT OF 216

Wrong, if Swtor fails the ONLY MMO will be WoW that people will trust, and MMO Dev. will be to scared to take a chance on spending big money to create a MMO because they think if Swtor failed no other MMO can compete with the GIANT called WoW so they will only make small budget MMO (FTP) or just money grabs.

Swtor needs to not fail to prove to the other MMO's that with time and money you can compete in the big leages.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Just stating a fact

I am playing SWTOR right now because i got a week free. Still seems like the same boring bland game i played for 2 weeks at launch. BW has not inticed me to come back.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

FIVE

FIVE

OUT OF 216

They need to merge, I have been scraming at Swtor to merge, Swtor had to many servers at launch, if Swtor would merger 25% of the servers they would all be heavy in Pop, this will be better for everyone and with a full list of heavy servers players will enjoy the game more in return more players will join.

Wrong, if Swtor fails the ONLY MMO will be WoW that people will trust, and MMO Dev. will be to scared to take a chance on spending big money to create a MMO because they think if Swtor failed no other MMO can compete with the GIANT called WoW so they will only make small budget MMO (FTP) or just money grabs.

Swtor needs to not fail to prove to the other MMO's that with time and money you can compete in the big leages.

SWTOR failing would show companies that WoWclones don't cut it anymore.

If SWTOR succeeds, we'll enter another age of "Hey guys! Here's WoW plus <insert IP>. SWTOR did it, so can we!"

Is that the world you want to live in?

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

FIVE

FIVE

OUT OF 216

Hey smart guy what is the server cap for each server? You dont know? I know you dont know, you are doing what every other kid does, pull facts out of your butt, most servers are standard, some are full some are heavy at certain times.  You seem to have a some issue with a positive thread, I bet I know? GW2 ! Its the game to end all other games.....one GAME to rule them all. 

Also 500 is in ONE zone....not counting the other 10 planets, not counting who are in different instance on that same server.  You really have no idea.  Get a clue on something before you engage your brain to keyboard.  

Yes i did and like i said i am not ignoring the population boost by 30 free days. I would wait till free times run out to make a proper guess. 

Hey smart guy what is the server cap for each server? You dont know? I know you dont know, you are doing what every other kid does, pull facts out of your butt, most servers are standard, some are full some are heavy at certain times.  You seem to have a some issue with a positive thread, I bet I know? GW2 ! Its the game to end all other games.....one GAME to rule them all. 

Also 500 is in ONE zone....not counting the other 10 planets, not counting who are in different instance on that same server.  You really have no idea.  Get a clue on something before you engage your brain to keyboard.  

I've seen people say that "standard" mean 35 people on fleet.

I've also seen people say that "standard" mean 150 people on fleet.

Making standard a broad server term is the best business decision Bioware has made so far, because clearly, them poaring 200 million into WoW plus lightsabers is turning out to be a disaster.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

We'll see how well populated the servers are once the free 30 days are up.

SWTOR failing would show companies that WoWclones don't cut it anymore.

If SWTOR succeeds, we'll enter another age of "Hey guys! Here's WoW plus . SWTOR did it, so can we!"

Is that the world you want to live in?

How do you figure?

WoW is in no way going to crash, if anything WOW proves that most people want WoW-clones, face it there is NO MONEY IN SANDBOX MMO'S, all MMO's that want to stay in the game and make money will have to follow WoW's lead, WoW has a proven track record.

If Swtor fails this will only pigeon hole the MMO market to WoW and WoW only, all other MMO's will be looked at with with scepticism by the masses as (not a risk worth taking) so they will just stay with WoW or nothing at all.

How do you figure?

WoW is in no way going to crash, if anything WOW proves that most people want WoW-clones, face it there is NO MONEY IN SANDBOX MMO'S, all MMO's that want to stay in the game and make money will have to follow WoW's lead, WoW has a proven track record.

If Swtor fails this will only pigeon hole the MMO market to WoW and WoW only, all other MMO's will be looked at with with scepticism by the masses as (not risk worth taking) so they will just stay with WoW or nothing at all.

And there is money in WoWclones?

Rift

Warhammer

Vanguard

Age of Conan

All dead or dying.

Now lets look at the sandbox games like EvE online. All growning or maintaining a healthy population.

The market is over saturated with cookie cutter MMOs. 

Coke and pepsi both taste the same but no one cares because there are only 2. If there were 500 different variations of Coke and Pepsi, people would lose interest

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

I've seen people say that "standard" mean 35 people on fleet.

I've also seen people say that "standard" mean 150 people on fleet.

Making standard a broad server term is the best business decision Bioware has made so far, because clearly, them poaring 200 million into WoW plus lightsabers is turning out to be a disaster.

Here you go.....Just checked  Jedi Covenant where my main is.....140 in Fleet, instance 1, 1 zone, Tatooine 110 for world event, Hoth had 80ish......3 zones almost 300 people , 7 more planets with various population on them....and im not going to go there just to check for your sake.  Its not just "somebody" I just gave you cold hard facts i just saw with my own eyes.  Oh and BTW .  Im not even counting whats in instance 2 server side population.  Keep trying

How do you figure?

If Swtor fails this will only pigeon hole the MMO market to WoW and WoW only, all other MMO's will be looked at with with scepticism by the masses as (not risk worth taking) so they will just stay with WoW or nothing at all.

Rift

Warhammer

Vanguard

Age of Conan

All dead or dying.

Now lets look at the sandbox games like EvE online. All growning or maintaining a healthy population.

Coke and pepsi both taste the same but no one cares because there are only 2. If there were 500 different variations of Coke and Pepsi, people would lose interest

Yes, and those MMO's you just listed are doing better then any other sandbox MMO besides EvE, Not sure but I thought Vanguard was more of a Sandboxy game?

How do you figure?

Rift

Warhammer

Vanguard

Age of Conan

All dead or dying.

Rift made 100 million for Trion last year in profit. I hardly call that dying. With exception of Vanguard and Warhammer Rift and AOC both are doing very well.

So yes there is still lots of money in properly done WOW clones.

Here you go.....Just checked  Jedi Covenant where my main is.....140 in Fleet, instance 1, 1 zone, Tatooine 110 for world event, Hoth had 80ish......3 zones almost 300 people , 7 more planets with various population on them....and im not going to go there just to check for your sake.  Its not just "somebody" I just gave you cold hard facts i just saw with my own eyes.  Oh and BTW .  Im not even counting whats in instance 2 server side population.  Keep trying

Congradulations for repeating what I just said?

I said I've seen people say that standard can mean 150 on fleet.

A while ago someone did a head count on all the servers. The highest pop was Fatman at full with a population of 3000.

3000 for a full server REALLY isn't that impressive

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

I don't really see how this thread is any different from the threads saying that "when I log in my server is a ghosttown" that the fans seem to hate.  Is this just a "neener neener" topic?

This discussion has been closed.