Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR was not much fun at 50, With 1.2 it is torture

Comments

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I have been playing MMO's since StarFleet Command. Long before  Everquest. I also played EQ1, EQ2, and pretty much everything up until WoW came out. Never did that one.

One of the things i have found about good MMO's is they have more to their endgame than PVP Arena Battles and incremental skrimping and saving to buy gear just to be able to compete.SWTOR could ahve been so much better. 

How hard would it have been to make all the Faction quests overlap? Basically force open world PVP. You never know if the quest you are doing is going to have a real player defending the base or fighting against your side. They definitely should never have made it so you can level out of the content so easily. It should have been that you HAD to PVP or do the Heroics to maintain your level to the PVE content.

And i totally disagree that you need to grind pvp arenas for endgame. Why not do it like EQ. Zone/World Bosses give you the best equipment. Do epic quest lines to get the best equipment. Anything is better than play an entire round of PVP be 2nd on your team for damage and get  0-0-0-0 on your reward. I am definitely not an AFKer. I am one of the few that is actually trying to do the objective in the same 3 tired, boring pvp arenas. The guys i play with know what they are doing when it comes to MMOs and PVP and we all see that the way they did this sucks. Warhammer had better PVP!

I think it is funny that the one guy thinks that i am a whining kid because i think spending an entire night grinding through a game and getting next to no reward for it is stupid.

My idea of Endgame is more like the original EQ model. Huge epic raids or quests that take people that know what they are doing, working hard but having fun to get to the pinnacle of the game... then they come out with an expansion so you have more to do. 

Or maybe like Planetside were you work your way up to be part of the decision makers that determine the course of the Meta-Game of global domination. 

Or how about EVE, with their Nullsec anarchy of trying to eke out a living farming obscure systems for resources to defend against the encroaching piracy of a rival Organization bent on blasting you out of your player made base and taking that system for their own.

Some people have been max level in SWTOR since the second or third week!  I play MMO's because of the fact that they don't just end like a single player game. And they have something to work towards. This maybe i can buy a better helmet that is exactly like this other guy's that has marginally better stats that what I already have.

I am just saying that 12 years after the Original Everquest, i expect more out of my MMO's. Not less.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Originally posted by sgtalon

I am a casual player of SWTOR. I game 2-4 nights a week and that is it.

I hit 50 before i got to Corellia. Hadn't done a single Heroic since level 25, and just did 3-4 PVP rounds a night. Every quest i have done since about level 25 has yielded green stuff that I couldn't use because i outleveled it all. But i kept going because i like the story.

When i hit Corellia and had to slog through all that great content the whole 0 xp gained thing started really bugging me.

Then i started Level 50 PVP... The whole way through the game they go out of their way to balance it so at least you have a fighting chance in a PVP round. Well That is all gone at level 50. 

You jump on a guy, he is already damaged, you throw everything you have at him, he ignores you, finishes off the guy he is killing then turns and kills me in 3 hits. Fun...

At least i was gaining Valor points, Commendation, and money. I usually had a pretty balanced W:L record though. Good healers made a lot of difference.

Then 1.2 hits. All the PVE stuff i am still suffering through is there. Now i go do some PVP and find.. Oh look it is even worse now. 

My healer friends can barely keep themselves alive, let alone help me out at all.

My damage doesn't seem to do much ... still.

Instead of getting more kills than deaths i am getting way more deaths.

At the end of 2 nights of PVP. 10 rounds. I have gained a total of 100 Valor and Commendation points and almost no money. Zero wins. When i got more than my 4 medals i got 35 commendations and 100 credits. If i got less than my 4 medals i got zero. Nothing.

I think they are trying to make me quit. I was already looking at a tough uphill battle to get geared out. Now it will be impossible. People that have no gear yet might as well just unsubscribe. You are totally ineffective in PVP. You can be the best team player on the planet but it won't matter.

My Sorc Healer buddy gets the best healing points on the round and still got 0 commendations, valor, or credits. 

So I guess i am looking for a new game. It was hard to keep playing before. After 1.2 i would have to be a masochist to want to play anymore.

from what you just said im guessing your a fresh 50. i hate to tell you, but fresh 50 is bad for everyone even before 1.2 there is to much gear difference. atleast in 1.2 you have a fighting chance now because they made bm gear so easy to get compared to 1.5 and down. so your lucky bro. i had to get my bm gear the old school way and the hard way compared to now. i dont understand why people still qq about the gear at 1.2 when it's so easy to get. only excuse i can think of now is people are just really lazy, and they just want everything handed to them. well if your this type of person, im sorry to break the bad news to you. but not only in mmo but in real life, nothing is ever handed down to you easy mode. everything is worked for and will always will be. the faster you accept this fact the better player and person you will become in life.

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

Originally posted by morlock9

Obviously you have not read the patch notes.  You can go to the PvP vendor on the Republic and Imperial Fleet and buy a full set of blue "Recruit" PvP gear for nothing but credits. 

This gives you enough PvP stat (Expertiese) to hold your own in any warzone.  It is the equivilant armor of the old Centurian gear with the Expertiese stats of the old Champion gear.

You can outfit yourself (every slot) for under 150,000 credits.  You are going into warfronts with green PvE gear when this is easily available to you and complaining about it.

I'm in a guild with several people who just hit 50 and they are enjoying the ease of entry that this new gear provides to warzones.

Uh, yeah got that stuff and basically gave away the stuff i had worked for weeks to get and bought all that the first time i logged in. Thanks.

And Ali

I was fine with having to work toward getting gear. I do have a problem with simply because my team sucked and we lost that i get ZERO benefit for a round. At least before when we lost, people like me got decent rewards for the round. Now i do as much as i did before and get 4 commendations and 35 credits. Thanks. But that just isn't fun.

Obviously you have not read the patch notes.  You can go to the PvP vendor on the Republic and Imperial Fleet and buy a full set of blue "Recruit" PvP gear for nothing but credits. 

This gives you enough PvP stat (Expertiese) to hold your own in any warzone.  It is the equivilant armor of the old Centurian gear with the Expertiese stats of the old Champion gear.

You can outfit yourself (every slot) for under 150,000 credits.  You are going into warfronts with green PvE gear when this is easily available to you and complaining about it.

I'm in a guild with several people who just hit 50 and they are enjoying the ease of entry that this new gear provides to warzones.

Uh, yeah got that stuff and basically gave away the stuff i had worked for weeks to get and bought all that the first time i logged in. Thanks.

so u got all that and your still complaining about pvp? you do know that the bm can be bought with wz comms now right. it's so easy to get wz comms its a joke. 

And Ali

I was fine with having to work toward getting gear. I do have a problem with simply because my team sucked and we lost that i get ZERO benefit for a round. At least before when we lost, people like me got decent rewards for the round. Now i do as much as i did before and get 4 commendations and 35 credits. Thanks. But that just isn't fun.

i agree with the reward system for wz is a bit harsh for fresh 50, but blame the people who afk and rage quit or leave at the beginning of a match. blame those type of people because they was the cause of all this. do what i do bro try to get yourself a premade, because although it seems like everyone is in bm gear they aren't. so you will still have a fighting chance and a high probability of grouping up with great premades.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Some of what people are tlaking about in here is why I unsubscribed and uninstalled the game. Before the game ever launched there was a lot of hard push and sell that SW:TOR was a game designed to benefit the player that hated PVE. They kept completely saying you can level to 50 just as fast as the person out running quests in teh world. And for 2 weeks that was true. The very first ever patch for the game killed that though. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt. 

So we move along all the bullcrap like 60% of the Imperial 50's hitting Battlemaster on the same day due to Ilum exploitation, until we hit patch 1.2 . I am already tired of the garbage but teh fact that if I perform well in a warzone I get rewarded is the one saving grace. 1.2 hit I go in my first 3 matches are all losses with me doing very respectable and I get something like 15 - 20 comms and 1k xp and 100 credits. Then I have a great match. I pulled 377kdmg 66kills 4 deaths, 11 medals but the rest of my team combined only did 179k dmg and we lost. I got 27 comms 2500xp and 390 credits. 

Needless to say I flipped the fvck out. Immediatelly logged out, uninstalled and unsubbed... Did I throw a bit of a tantrum and QQ yes I did, but my time spent in a game is worth more then a feces filled slap on the back  just because the gamae is so lopsided that the majority of skilled PVPers faction switched long ago when it became obvious what was going on.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

If you're the example of the "mature" players "flocking" to the game I'm worried. The OP had valid points and the same points brought up by others. I had similar concerns but will not be leaving the game because there are others things I do like. When I voiced similar issues  others gave me answers ..perhaps stuff I was unaware of for one reason or another. They lessened my concerns on several things. You basically tell the OP to GTFO..more for the rest of us. For the first time...despite all the hate I see in these forums for TOR...I have a feeling that SWTOR...a game I really enjoy ..might not last as the "millons" are driven away by the players themselves.."mature" players like you.

When I voice similarWh

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

If the game is not for you, move on.  There are plenty of other MMOs out there.  Myself?  I am still playing and having a good old time.

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Some of what people are tlaking about in here is why I unsubscribed and uninstalled the game. Before the game ever launched there was a lot of hard push and sell that SW:TOR was a game designed to benefit the player that hated PVE. They kept completely saying you can level to 50 just as fast as the person out running quests in teh world. And for 2 weeks that was true. The very first ever patch for the game killed that though. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt. 

So we move along all the bullcrap like 60% of the Imperial 50's hitting Battlemaster on the same day due to Ilum exploitation, until we hit patch 1.2 . I am already tired of the garbage but teh fact that if I perform well in a warzone I get rewarded is the one saving grace. 1.2 hit I go in my first 3 matches are all losses with me doing very respectable and I get something like 15 - 20 comms and 1k xp and 100 credits. Then I have a great match. I pulled 377kdmg 66kills 4 deaths, 11 medals but the rest of my team combined only did 179k dmg and we lost. I got 27 comms 2500xp and 390 credits. 

Needless to say I flipped the fvck out. Immediatelly logged out, uninstalled and unsubbed... Did I throw a bit of a tantrum and QQ yes I did, but my time spent in a game is worth more then a feces filled slap on the back  just because the gamae is so lopsided that the majority of skilled PVPers faction switched long ago when it became obvious what was going on.

this is why i made my own premade. to avoid problems like lost. don'get get me wrong, i still loose from time to time but rarely. but like i said this reward system is due to players who love to afk in matches/leave. it's due to these type of players to why bioware made it like this. they also said hey is it fair to players that worked really hard in a wz then 1 person joins a winning team at the end of a match and get rewarded? again this is why bioware lowerd the reward system of wz. they wanted to make people who worked for it rewarded, and people who didn't well simply gets nothing. all in all i'm up for the reward system. i'm tired of leechers who just leech off of my premades and don't do squat. 

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Stop PvPing in PvE gear. They released a full set up purchasable PvP armor, and the Battlemaster gear is now easier than ever to get. The new War Hero gear is even easier than getting the previous Battlemaster set was. The disparity between the Recruit and War Hero gear is not so much that you can't compete.

With the new warzone changes you should be able to get 4 medals in your sleep. I average about 40 commendations per loss, 100 for wins, so that's far from 0 rewards. Note, this is on a relatively fresh 50 with only 1 piece of Battlemaster gear, and the rest is the stuff you can buy for credits. They limited how fast you can fail to the top, and put in barriers for the AFKers, that's it.

They're even making it so you only need 1 medal to get rewards for wins/losses now.

I get where you're coming from being a casual player, though. I'm casual myself, and it sucks seeing hardcore players get so far ahead, and you know you have no chance to catch them. But the end game is not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223

Tera OBT is this weekend. Make an account, download the client and use the code TERABETA to join. There will be no wipes from OBT to launch so feel free to give it a shot for free. I hope you find something that interests you.

• johnnychangsjohnnychangs Member UncommonPosts: 261

I played SWTOR through beta and after launch.  Was in a large guild, did lots of PvP, and completed both Hardmode OPS weekly.  Until about a month ago.

I earned Battlemaster the 'old' way.  No Ilum exploits or killstacking at all.  Straight up Warzones mostly.  My BM gear was from the RNG Battlemaster comms from bags.

The pre-1.2 changes they made to PvP came around the time where I took a two week break. I came back, and my friends were all War Heroes with full Battlemaster gear.  In less than two weeks.  This is when I found myself struggling to log in.

Classic argument with gear progression and depreciation that exists in lots of MMOs.  Same old story, just didn't think we'd see it in SWToR so fast.

Now, after the 1.2 patch, the same bugs continue to exist in Hardmode OPS and Flashpoints.  Yes there's more content, but they could have at least fixed some of the issues that have existed for months.

Adding flashy cosmetic garbage and ingame zoos while destroying PvP and ignoring existing issues really was the end for me.

Cancelled.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by aligada87

again this is why bioware lowerd the reward system of wz. they wanted to make people who worked for it rewarded, and people who didn't well simply gets nothing. 

I think it's more likely that they want to slow down the whole process because of a distinct lack of content.

Devs have spent the last 4 months fixing bugs (or trying) and adding nothing more than what should have been there at launch.

That still isn't finished, so when do you think SWTOR will actually get some more decent content?

Bioware are pissing against the wind now. New content must be so distant that even the most casual players will have left by then.

Originally posted by rygard49

Stop PvPing in PvE gear. They released a full set up purchasable PvP armor, and the Battlemaster gear is now easier than ever to get. The new War Hero gear is even easier than getting the previous Battlemaster set was. The disparity between the Recruit and War Hero gear is not so much that you can't compete.

With the new warzone changes you should be able to get 4 medals in your sleep. I average about 40 commendations per loss, 100 for wins, so that's far from 0 rewards. Note, this is on a relatively fresh 50 with only 1 piece of Battlemaster gear, and the rest is the stuff you can buy for credits. They limited how fast you can fail to the top, and put in barriers for the AFKers, that's it.

They're even making it so you only need 1 medal to get rewards for wins/losses now.

I get where you're coming from being a casual player, though. I'm casual myself, and it sucks seeing hardcore players get so far ahead, and you know you have no chance to catch them. But the end game is not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

as bad as people make swtor sound like, i still think it will be the only mmo out there that will compete with gw2. i played gw2 and it's amazing and unique in its own way. but swtor has its own unique theme to it. although i think gw2 will win over the majority and swtor will come in second. i have 5 50 and 3 of em is in bm gear already, and 2 of them is in full rakata. my usuall routine was killing people in illum but i don't like the part where you really get nothing out of it. i like the open world pvp like what aion had to offer. 

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Originally posted by grimal

If the game is not for you, move on.  There are plenty of other MMOs out there.  Myself?  I am still playing and having a good old time.

Incredibly narrow view without attempt to understand real issues.

What has changed in 1.2 is what you earn when you lose a warzone. Now players receive nearly no reward for their effort. This is a recent change and a  valid point of contention. When previous players could grind their gear out effectively even when losing and suddenly new 50's have no chance (when the entire point of 1.2 pvp was to ease entry into pvp) it is obvious there is a valid grievance.

The system was obviously designed to allow the winners to quickly rank out of the starer pool and into more competition with attempts to put importance on winning and losing. This is entirely ruined by their sudden removal of competitive play. Bioware forgot to revert back to a less harsh non-competitive field ... or simply f#cked up which is something they have been doing a lot of recently.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

Tera OBT is this weekend. Make an account, download the client and use the code TERABETA to join. There will be no wipes from OBT to launch so feel free to give it a shot for free. I hope you find something that interests you.

tried tera and hate to say it but its a clone of aion, except the stop drop and roll feature. the quest is borring, and the pvp is retarded. the mobs you kill for quest is also just copy and paste.

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

I have a suggestion for the OP, go play EVE if you want good pvp. Playing titles like SWTOR, WOW, or GW2 ect will always be the same. Stop complaining and pick other game to play. 

I cant understand why ppl assume pvp in mmo should be fair. Unless you are willing to play a MMO with only one class. PVP WILL NEVER BE FAIR

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

Originally posted by jacklo

again this is why bioware lowerd the reward system of wz. they wanted to make people who worked for it rewarded, and people who didn't well simply gets nothing. 

I think it's more likely that they want to slow down the whole process because of a distinct lack of content.

Devs have spent the last 4 months fixing bugs (or trying) and adding nothing more than what should have been there at launch.

That still isn't finished, so when do you think SWTOR will actually get some more decent content?

Bioware are pissing against the wind now. New content must be so distant that even the most casual players will have left by then.

well if they wanted to slow down the process due to lack of content, i would've thought of a different way instead of turning all bm gear affordable with wz comms. even if your fresh 50 you can join a guild and have em feed you. i'm actually very dissappointed with how easy the gear is now.  so if they was trying to slow down the process, i think they did it backwards and accelerated it by x100 lol.

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

You really think anyone is going to believe that? Really? Come on we all know that there aren't a million people still playing. My sub went bye bye when they added 1.2 a.k.a "the fluff patch" that's all the legacy system is. Not to mention you now have to go grind for cash to afford any of the convenience that having stuff on your ship would offer. So my sub ends tommarrow. Then yesterday the Rakguoul outbreak on Tatooine starts and I'm thinking why hasn't this kind of stuff been happening regularly since the game launched? It's not great stuff but it's activity in an otherwise lifelesss game. Millions of people my big fat trooper ***.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

tried tera and hate to say it but its a clone of aion, except the stop drop and roll feature. the quest is borring, and the pvp is retarded. the mobs you kill for quest is also just copy and paste.

I played Aion for 2 years all the way back to my C-Aion account long before NA release and I can honestly say now that I have played Tera there is nothing in Tera that is a clone of Aion. And what is this Stop, Drop, and Roll feature your talking about. Tera doesnt have that. GW2 does. Please go troll somewhere else thanks.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by nomss

I know what the OP is talking about. 1.2 is nonesense.

The OP has no idea what he is talking about, you really want to jump aboard that ship?

I explained everything in detail in this post..so yep everything is not as black and white as you want us to believe.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/347091/If-you-thought-Ilum-PVP-was-bad-wait-till-you-pvp-after-12.html

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by jacklo

well if they wanted to slow down the process due to lack of content, i would've thought of a different way instead of turning all bm gear affordable with wz comms. even if your fresh 50 you can join a guild and have em feed you. i'm actually very dissappointed with how easy the gear is now.  so if they was trying to slow down the process, i think they did it backwards and accelerated it by x100 lol.

Even when the only people able to obtain the comms are those who are already geared?

Everyone else is getting rolled by premades from all accounts and getting nothing for their efforts.

Originally posted by Soopaman

I have a suggestion for the OP, go play EVE if you want good pvp. Playing titles like SWTOR, WOW, or GW2 ect will always be the same. Stop complaining and pick other game to play. 

I cant understand why ppl assume pvp in mmo should be fair. Unless you are willing to play a MMO with only one class. PVP WILL NEVER BE FAIR

eve is different, and i do play it. i'm a legion pilot hehehe. but back to the topic eve is alot different, and not many will take the time to learn it. even if you play it for a week you can get the pve content down but it would take you months to learn the pvp content it offers. learning what to use when and how and cordinating with teams. + i don't think some players thats new would like to get scammed by goonswarms recruiting tactics. btw i think they should have a limit to that to noobs. i wasn't scammed but my friend was and he was only 2 weeks old. so he didn't know shit bout the game.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Kost

You do realize that getting zero rewards for a match is due to your own individual level of participation right?

If you can't eek out a measly 3 medals something is seriously wrong. It's all good though, Bioware is changing it to 1 medal next update to cater to all the bads. You'll be able to afk your way to gear again soon enough little buddy!

Yeah I don't get how he's managing that level of horrible either. Sorcerers that actually know how to play are doing fine, at least on my server they are. The only difference is now the healers ARE ACTUALLY SUPPORTING PLAYERS instead of the overpowered monstrosities that they were pre-1.2. Yes, the "I WIn" button was taken away and Sorcerers now have to actually know how to play their class. The horror.

And to the people whining about how hard the PVP is in TOR is for newcomers, try jumping into games like EVE and see how long you last without a good guild and long time played backing you up.  This is no different. Either suck it up and learn how to play your class WITH OTHERS or go play WOW.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by Tamanous

Originally posted by grimal

Incredibly narrow view without attempt to understand real issues.

So, what do you propose then?  Storm the BIOWARE offices and force them to code the game differently?  Throw a tantrum on the MMO forums?  How could I expand my view?  Please enlighten me.