Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR was not much fun at 50, With 1.2 it is torture

sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I am a casual player of SWTOR. I game 2-4 nights a week and that is it.

I hit 50 before i got to Corellia. Hadn't done a single Heroic since level 25, and just did 3-4 PVP rounds a night. Every quest i have done since about level 25 has yielded green stuff that I couldn't use because i outleveled it all. But i kept going because i like the story.

When i hit Corellia and had to slog through all that great content the whole 0 xp gained thing started really bugging me.

Then i started Level 50 PVP... The whole way through the game they go out of their way to balance it so at least you have a fighting chance in a PVP round. Well That is all gone at level 50. 

You jump on a guy, he is already damaged, you throw everything you have at him, he ignores you, finishes off the guy he is killing then turns and kills me in 3 hits. Fun...

At least i was gaining Valor points, Commendation, and money. I usually had a pretty balanced W:L record though. Good healers made a lot of difference.

Then 1.2 hits. All the PVE stuff i am still suffering through is there. Now i go do some PVP and find.. Oh look it is even worse now. 

My healer friends can barely keep themselves alive, let alone help me out at all.

My damage doesn't seem to do much ... still.

Instead of getting more kills than deaths i am getting way more deaths.

At the end of 2 nights of PVP. 10 rounds. I have gained a total of 100 Valor and Commendation points and almost no money. Zero wins. When i got more than my 4 medals i got 35 commendations and 100 credits. If i got less than my 4 medals i got zero. Nothing.

I think they are trying to make me quit. I was already looking at a tough uphill battle to get geared out. Now it will be impossible. People that have no gear yet might as well just unsubscribe. You are totally ineffective in PVP. You can be the best team player on the planet but it won't matter.

My Sorc Healer buddy gets the best healing points on the round and still got 0 commendations, valor, or credits. 

So I guess i am looking for a new game. It was hard to keep playing before. After 1.2 i would have to be a masochist to want to play anymore.

Comments

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

Well, in that case, you really need to loook for another game, maybe outside of the mmo world...

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72

The first thing that MMO designers should decide on when they lay out a game design is how to make some kind of fun and self-sustaining endgame. But they don't. They focus on making a fantastic first 20 levels because that's what they will use to sell the game and get financing. The endgame is an afterthought.

So what we end up with are endgame grinds and endgame leveling systems that come after you reach max level. You grind out ranks and medals and points and commendations and your reward is you can beat up the guy who has ground out less or you can slowly progress up a long grindy one-way raid path.

Fewer and fewer players will have the stomach for such miserable endgame structures. I don't. Nobody I know does anymore.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

WoW, WoW, WoW, it is calling you, calling you..

• maxjammaxjam Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by sgtalon

You jump on a guy, he is already damaged, you throw everything you have at him, he ignores you, finishes off the guy he is killing then turns and kills me in 3 hits.

That struck a chord with me :(

I experienced exactly the same as I began PvPing at level 50, until you get geared you can throw everything at an enemy whilst their back is turned only for them to turn around and finish you off in seconds.  You needed to grit your teeth and tough it out until you earnt your Champions/Battlemaster armour at which point fights became much fairer and evenly matched (unless you were figthing a new lvl 50 Pvper)

I've not played SWTOR since 1.2 but understand the rewards for losing now are minimal in which case the I imagine a lot of people will lose interest pretty quickly.  If thats the case and unless BW fix it pretty quick PvP will die from the bottom up.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

So the PvP is gear based? image

What about the PvE? What do you do for end-game PvE in SWTOR?

You should play Tribes Ascend... is kinda cool, but its hard as shiete...

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

I hit 50 before i got to Corellia. Hadn't done a single Heroic since level 25, and just did 3-4 PVP rounds a night. Every quest i have done since about level 25 has yielded green stuff that I couldn't use because i outleveled it all. But i kept going because i like the story.

When i hit Corellia and had to slog through all that great content the whole 0 xp gained thing started really bugging me.

Then i started Level 50 PVP... The whole way through the game they go out of their way to balance it so at least you have a fighting chance in a PVP round. Well That is all gone at level 50. 

You jump on a guy, he is already damaged, you throw everything you have at him, he ignores you, finishes off the guy he is killing then turns and kills me in 3 hits. Fun...

At least i was gaining Valor points, Commendation, and money. I usually had a pretty balanced W:L record though. Good healers made a lot of difference.

Then 1.2 hits. All the PVE stuff i am still suffering through is there. Now i go do some PVP and find.. Oh look it is even worse now. 

My healer friends can barely keep themselves alive, let alone help me out at all.

At the end of 2 nights of PVP. 10 rounds. I have gained a total of 100 Valor and Commendation points and almost no money. Zero wins. When i got more than my 4 medals i got 35 commendations and 100 credits. If i got less than my 4 medals i got zero. Nothing.

I think they are trying to make me quit. I was already looking at a tough uphill battle to get geared out. Now it will be impossible. People that have no gear yet might as well just unsubscribe. You are totally ineffective in PVP. You can be the best team player on the planet but it won't matter.

My Sorc Healer buddy gets the best healing points on the round and still got 0 commendations, valor, or credits. 

So I guess i am looking for a new game. It was hard to keep playing before. After 1.2 i would have to be a masochist to want to play anymore.

awesome post dude. finally an honest opinion instead of the usual eafanboy crap trying to launch dirt into everyones eyes.

good post.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by OldManFunk

So the PvP is gear based? image

What about the PvE? What do you do for end-game PvE in SWTOR?

If you have a guild you do broken raids or maybe a few group heroics. If you don't have a guild you sit at the empty fleets and beg for hours for others to play with, lol..

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

You do realize that getting zero rewards for a match is due to your own individual level of participation right?

If you can't eek out a measly 3 medals something is seriously wrong. It's all good though, Bioware is changing it to 1 medal next update to cater to all the bads. You'll be able to afk your way to gear again soon enough little buddy!

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Obviously you have not read the patch notes.  You can go to the PvP vendor on the Republic and Imperial Fleet and buy a full set of blue "Recruit" PvP gear for nothing but credits. 

This gives you enough PvP stat (Expertiese) to hold your own in any warzone.  It is the equivilant armor of the old Centurian gear with the Expertiese stats of the old Champion gear.

You can outfit yourself (every slot) for under 150,000 credits.  You are going into warfronts with green PvE gear when this is easily available to you and complaining about it.

I'm in a guild with several people who just hit 50 and they are enjoying the ease of entry that this new gear provides to warzones.

• RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

Obviously someone is getting wins and likes 1.2 because appearently you are not that good at adjusting? What's highlighted in red says alot about you and why you took time to post here today.

just my opinion

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I swear EA just keeps finding ways to make this game worse.  I enjoyed it for what I was expecting it to be....a mediocre single player RPG.....for 30 levels.  Now I'm just done with it.  My main was a sorc healer....'nuff said.  I don't wish any harm on anyone, not really, but EA reallly DESERVES some sort of repercussions for what they did with this IP.  It's sad, it really is.

Anyway.....2 characters in (and a few baby baby alts) and I'm already irritated and disgusted.  And I didn't even play to max level which WAS my plan initially.  I unsubbed and now I'm just waiting for something else to play.  I'm not too broken up about it as I was never riding the hype wagon on this one, so no disappointment that I didn't EXPECT.

I really hope that Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, The Secret World, and GW2 will save the year in gaming for me.  Fingers are crossed.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Originally posted by just1opinion

I swear EA just keeps finding ways to make this game worse.  I enjoyed it for what I was expecting it to be....a mediocre single player RPG.....for 30 levels.  Now I'm just done with it.  My main was a sorc healer....'nuff said.  I don't wish any harm on anyone, not really, but EA reallly DESERVES some sort of repercussions for what they did with this IP.  It's sad, it really is.

Anyway.....2 characters in (and a few baby baby alts) and I'm already irritated and disgusted.  And I didn't even play to max level which WAS my plan initially.  I unsubbed and now I'm just waiting for something else to play.  I'm not too broken up about it as I was never riding the hype wagon on this one, so no disappointment that I didn't EXPECT.

I really hope that Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, The Secret World, and GW2 will save the year in gaming for me.  Fingers are crossed.

I reccomend you find a good guild.  1.2 has added a ton of stuff to do in the game, and lots of polish.  The crafting in the economy is picking up as a result, PvP is easy to get into (hell, you can put all your companions in level 50 blue Recruit gear for just credits).

The Tatooine quarantine event is great fun with the plague spreading around the galaxy and players exploding everywhere, people are hunting the mysteries of crafting the new crystals and obtaining the new pets.

There is so much to do to even make a single character advance with the Legacy.

Hey..if it's not fun for you, don't play.  But it sounds like you are just having trouble finding your way around the game a bit.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Well the best part is you can walk away and the others of millions of people having fun won't miss you. I have been having a blast and yes I have a level 50

No offense OP but people who feel like you make people who enjoy the game have much more fun. we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

Gratz

wow, with great attitudes like yourself, this is how good games are destroyed.

Guess what? Once GW2 hits, I won't show my face to TOR. And guess what? It is not only me, there are few others.

I know what the OP is talking about. 1.2 is nonesense.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by nomss

The OP has no idea what he is talking about, you really want to jump aboard that ship?

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Pelagato

Well, in that case, you really need to loook for another game, maybe outside of the mmo world...

Perhaps you need to look for another forum. Outside of the mmo ones because thats what he's talking about here.  He has problems with changes to an mmo like many others.

To the OP. I agree . I noticed that I could barely damage shite and virtually no rewards or credits. Where before I had high damage with my BH and could at least make some cr's and comms. Not the best by far but occasionally I'd even break out the highest damage of the group and MVP a few times. I still like the PvP..it'll just take a hell of a lot of time to catch up as I stopped doing for about 15 levels before the patch. Now I'm 45th level with no PvP gear and  just a few comms built up....so it'll be a grind.

Then again...I stopped for a while so I might just be rusty.lol.

Gratz

mature players??? hahahahaha you jus cheer me up with your joke...

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by morlock9

Obviously you have not read the patch notes.  You can go to the PvP vendor on the Republic and Imperial Fleet and buy a full set of blue "Recruit" PvP gear for nothing but credits. 

This gives you enough PvP stat (Expertiese) to hold your own in any warzone.  It is the equivilant armor of the old Centurian gear with the Expertiese stats of the old Champion gear.

You can outfit yourself (every slot) for under 150,000 credits.  You are going into warfronts with green PvE gear when this is easily available to you and complaining about it.

I'm in a guild with several people who just hit 50 and they are enjoying the ease of entry that this new gear provides to warzones.

Nice. I was ignorant of this fact. Now if only I could hold on to my credits long enough to save and buy some starter gear. Self-control is lacking..lol.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

we are slowly getting the children out of TOR and the more mature players are flocking to it.

"Flocking to it", like rats off a sinking ship.

You should be a salesman. Tell me, did you manage to keep a straight face when you made that remark?

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by nomss

The OP has no idea what he is talking about, you really want to jump aboard that ship?

You don't even have SWTOR installed? what would you know?

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Some responses on this thread are hilarious.

Reality check, you are playing an instanced battleground on a dumbed down wow clone.

There are no "pro", "skilled" or "bads".

Boy im having a blast seeing people defend 1.2 changes in PVP.

You either have to be a masochist (making me grind 5xtimes more than ppl who geared themselves in the first month is SO GOOD, IM SUCH A PRO PLAYER HOHO YEAHHHHH) or a fanboy who will defend BW no matter what.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Gratz

Millions (plural!) of people still playing, and they're the more mature ones at that? Right, right...

imageimage
  • potbellyrhipotbellyrhi Member Posts: 38

Gratz

I think the OP is a bit whiny, but this dude made me laugh. Offense but the "millions" (wasn't even millions at release btw) of mature MMO gamers have dumped this pile of shit game. The only people left are old folks who have no idea what MMO's are, the children you seem to dislike and people too shallow to know what roleplaying actually is. To call this game an MMO is an insult to MMO's.

The OP failed to portray the failure of this game in rational ways but it's still a failure of an MMO.  QQ's about "i'm useless in PVP the second i hit 50" is tired and worn out .

With that said it's an OK coop-singleplayer game. But no reason to play it for more than a couple hours at max level.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Epic troll by Jeremy.