Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

General: Post-PAX East Thoughts

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Now that we are almost two weeks past PAX East, it's time to wrap up our coverage with some thoughts about the things we both saw and heard during the annual convention. Keep reading and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Now that most of our coverage is out there, and as we wrap up the remainder from PAX East 2012, I thought it might be a good time to collect my thoughts on the whole show, tell you guys what I specifically saw that impressed me (both MMO and otherwise), and just to chat about my experiences in general in Boston this year. If you came, saw, and met up with us, please do chime in!

Read more of Bill Murphy's Post-PAX East Thoughts.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon

I'm so very tempted to jump on that "smell" of virginity but this thread would get derailed by sex jokes and machismo in the blink so, I'll leave it alone.

Personally, I wish the PAX I went to was on Easter. It was so crowded I felt like I could barely move, and there were games others than GW2 I would have liked to try that I didn't get to because I wasn't willing to wait 2 hours for them. Like El Shadai *groan* could have saved me some money and grumbly on that one if I'd had a chance to try it first. And yes, the food sucks. And is expensive as hell. I paid like $9 for a burger that was the size of a dollar menu bun at Mick D's. Then got to walk around tasting it for the whole day because I refused to spend $5 more on a bottle of water ;< If you ever intend on going to PAX, or any convention for that matter, the moral of the story is: pack your lunch.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,461Member Uncommon

re: food: There is a good restaurant in the Westin Hotel with excellent food. Pricey but that's where I ate.

Also, I'm surprised no mention of Chivarly and War of the Roses.

These games looked amazing!

oops, nvm, forgot "mmorpg.com". Still, they looked amazing. And I believe they are online games. Just not mmo's.

http://www.chivarlythegame.com

http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Kenilworth, NJPosts: 339Member Uncommon

As far as Easter weekend goes, next year it's the week before and I am sure with the long term agreement they signed that shouldn't be a problem anymore.  People also complained about it conflicting with Anime Boston as well. 

In regards to the food issue, they did offer the free shuttles to go eat around Boston plus one short ride way to South Station and you had a much better/cheaper selection.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

I'm so very tempted to jump on that "smell" of virginity but this thread would get derailed by sex jokes and machismo in the blink so, I'll leave it alone.

Must... resist... as... well. :p

Interesting article.  If the food was expensive I can only imagine the beer costs are astronomical.

• jayartejayarte LancasterPosts: 450Member

I was also intrigued about the "smell" of virginity, but having been shown such good examples above, I'll also resist ... for now :p

Another great write up, Bill.  You seem to have the gift of bringing things to life and making articles which could be slightly tedious (to me) both interesting and humorous.  Loved the image of you singing "I believe in a thing called love".  You're such a sweetie.  (p.s.  I'm old enough to get away with saying things like this now without it being misinterpreted,  I hope!).

Thanks also to Sovrath for the points to War of the Roses and Chivalry.  Interesting looking games.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member

Sam Adams? Bah...90 Shillings >>>>> Sam Adams

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.