Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

144 people in Coruscant at 10 pm is far from fail(pic)

Comments

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Yeah it's packed. i'm on jedi covenant and we are full. took me 10 minutes to get on due to que. rumors this game is dead have been greatly exaggerated.

it's nothing but a tool the Wow GW2 trolls use to try and make look like it's dying.

The rakghoul plague event has been pretty fun.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Yeah it's packed. i'm on jedi covenant and we are full. took me 10 minutes to get on due to que. rumors this game is dead have been greatly exaggerated.

it's nothing but a tool the Wow GW2 trolls use to try and make look like it's dying.

seriously, i just went to www.swtor.com to check that and i kid you not, this is what it says:

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

En raison d'une maintenace prévue, le site de swtor.com n'est actuellement pas disponible. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan aufgrund von geplanten Wartungsarbeiten nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es bitte später erneut!

go check it right now if you don't believe me, but i'm giggling my pants off right now.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by headphones

seriously, i just went to www.swtor.com to check that and i kid you not, this is what it says:

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

En raison d'une maintenace prévue, le site de swtor.com n'est actuellement pas disponible. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan aufgrund von geplanten Wartungsarbeiten nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es bitte später erneut!

go check it right now if you don't believe me, but i'm giggling my pants off right now.

screenie for kicks

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

As far as I know, that 144 in the corner is the instance number you are in, you are in the copy 144 of coruscant. When you see Fleet 500 that means you are in the copy number 500 of the fleet. I can be mistaken but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, with 500 players in the fleet you will be unable to even move. But I'm not sure of course.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by Warjin

Originally posted by fadis

Didn't realize they allowed 144 people in the Coruscant instance. 

Anyway... of course there will be a ton of people in your screenshot... you're obviously massed to kil a world boss... duh!

But - yes.  It appears there has been a bit of an uptick surrounding the free trials, new patch and free gametime handout.  I guess we'll see how it plays out over the next few weeks... is it a sign of an improving player population, or just a temporary blip in the slide.

Each zone instance holds a max of 300 people, after that the zone creates a new shard, fleets allway for the most part have 2 shards, Fleet 1 & Fleet 2

You're one of those paid EA trollers, ain't ya? Otherwise why would you care so much about proving your point?

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Who cares how many people are on? The best and most challenging games have the least amount of people anyway due to non-carebear mechanics.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

The Fatman is by far the most populated SW:TOR server worldwide. And even it hasnt seen those kind of numbers since the first few weeks of the game. Even the day or 2 after 1.2 released Fatman was still sitting at about 100 - 200 on fleet. 5 - 10 in most other zones.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by xDayx

Who cares how many people are on? The best and most challenging games have the least amount of people anyway due to non-carebear mechanics.

Unfortunatly none of that statement has anything to do with SW:TOR because it is not the Best or the most Challenging, and almsot every feature of SW:TOR is Carebear to the max.

• kildonaliskildonalis Member Posts: 34

screenie for kicks

Scheduled maintenance. I don't see why that's so funny.
  • kildonaliskildonalis Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by NeoZcar2

The Fatman is by far the most populated SW:TOR server worldwide. And even it hasnt seen those kind of numbers since the first few weeks of the game. Even the day or 2 after 1.2 released Fatman was still sitting at about 100 - 200 on fleet. 5 - 10 in most other zones.

I'm assuming your talking republic side. I'm on the fatman play everyday and their has been a que time in the evenings for about 3 weeks now. Also the fleet never gets below 150 and most zones have around 100 plus I've never seen a zone with 5 to 10 except space. After 1.2 the fleet had 2 instances of around 280 do you even play anymore or do you just guess?
  • Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Let me guess, you're in 1 out of the 10 good servers left

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You know I see these games brought up more by people that are supposed fans of SWTOR than I ever do anyone else. Especially now. There was a while the GW2 fanboys were a bit nauseating around here with their antics but most of them have moved on at this point.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• HimemiyaHimemiya Member Posts: 139

That's good news actually, that people are flocking en masse toward the same servers.

Sucks having to reroll though.

L2P TERA combat:

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by Himemiya

That's good news actually, that people are flocking en masse toward the same servers.

Sucks having to reroll though.

Yes, but if BW/EA won't fix the dead servers we have no choice but to migrate to the 4 or 5 populated servers that are left.  Everyone said, don't whine, reroll and so eventually after we realized we really weren't getting transfers any time soon, we did reroll.  Now Fatman has huge queues and the same people telling us to reroll are now complaining that 'their' server is being over run.

As far as I can tell there are basically two servers, one pvp and one pve that are packed on a consistent basis.  My RP server, Bergeron Colony is dead.

This is what happens when you have no immediate plan to fix server imbalance by allowing transfers.  I think this game needs about 20 servers in the US and they would all then have a playable game population and people wouldn't have to flock to the one or two servers they know (or think) are not going to die.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Maybe the players can save them from merging servers while they're padding numbers.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Wait till the free week is over then you'll see its still empty. Lol it has not been packed for weeks.

• ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106

I play on 3 servers ( EU and USA), and none of them has been empty since I started playing on them. Those are not servers like the Fatman , but just the average standard servers. Sure there are times they are more filled or less filled, but they all seem to have a healthy and steady population.

Even on standard servers numbers on some planets are some days over 100 people (mostly the lower level planets). Fleet population says nothing. You can see 40 people on the fleet and 100 in Dromund kaas or Coruscant within a 5 minute span. But I understand there are still people around that are anxious awaiting for the death of swtor.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

144 in one zone a MMO does not make. Also, 500 in the fleet, never heard of those numbers and you will never see those numbers. MMOs are 100s to 1000s of people playing in a persistant world. I kee word here is persistant world everyone in the same zone.

SWTOR is a failure they don't have the numbers to make a profit and never will with their failed updates over and over.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Dunno your rig, but the resolution is terrible!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Thorbrand

144 in one zone a MMO does not make. Also, 500 in the fleet, never heard of those numbers and you will never see those numbers. MMOs are 100s to 1000s of people playing in a persistant world. I kee word here is persistant world everyone in the same zone.

SWTOR is a failure they don't have the numbers to make a profit and never will with their failed updates over and over.

SIgh. Where do I start?

1. They said they can have at least 500,000 to make a profit. They should at least have that, but we will not know until they release subscriber numbers on their next investor call.

2. They can not have a persistant world due to a little thing called planets.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by RodimusPrime

1. They said they can have at least 500,000 to make a profit. They should at least have that, but we will not know until they release subscriber numbers on their next investor call.

Good luck with that one. Pretty sure you can expect the same vague response relating to paid sub numbers they have been giving out.

Not a failure but considering how I would imagine many were probably thinking this game should do overall not really a resounding success either.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Warjin

Originally posted by Starpower

Photoshopped!

lol its not i have more to prove it.

Watched two of my house mates playing yesterday. This isn't B.S. . . . . .  well not exactly B.S.

Ok, both friends do not meet the requirement for the free month that was just given away, yet were still able to play SWOTR. How? Apperently the free day Bioware gave everyone for the 1.2 patch meltdown was for EVERYONE, active accounts or no. So let's see how the population continues for the rest of the week. I'm betting not very good as neither friend saw anything that made them want to resubscribe. And so far none of the rest of our group that do get the free month are bothering to play as they are all in Aion, and getting ready to go to Tera.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Second most played subscription based MMO in North America.  What a failure.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by alakram

As far as I know, that 144 in the corner is the instance number you are in, you are in the copy 144 of coruscant. When you see Fleet 500 that means you are in the copy number 500 of the fleet. I can be mistaken but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, with 500 players in the fleet you will be unable to even move. But I'm not sure of course.

You're wrong.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

For those too put out from getting infected..they've had rakghoul virus vaccine at the medcenter droid vendors for quite a few days. I had been wondering...before the event...what they were for...now I know. Judging by the posts here...many will whine and complain about having to buy them @ 2000cr ea and scream BIOFAIL yet again. Anyway.. now you know how to get them without running dailys on tatooine if you weren't already aware.

This discussion has been closed.