Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst support ever

ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

well after i pre purchase and when I request for support it was soo pathetic that even after a couple of weeks there isnt any  reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it, I mean wtf just a simple question am I able to convert my DDE copy to a physical CE, a YES or NO will be sufficient.

imo, i shutter to think whats gonna happen when the game launch, it's like the f2p games non existent support.

Comments

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

dbstylin used bide..

• Cy7echRCy7echR Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Elminzter

well after i pre purchase and when I request for support it was soo pathetic that even after a couple of weeks there isnt any  reply at all, just the usual we are looking into it, I mean wtf just a simple question am I able to convert my DDE copy to a physical CE, a YES or NO will be sufficient.

imo, i shutter to think whats gonna happen when the game launch, it's like the f2p games non existent support.

Depends on where you bought it. The CE version is only available at certain retailers so ti's if you bought it from Anet and are trying to get CE it isn't going to happen. If you prepurchased at a retailer that did have CE then it's completely up to them.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

err it's support for a paid product and the F2P shit which some of you are used too, so I expect my pound of flesh:p

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

A couple of weeks?

You prepurchased before April 3rd when prepurchase became available on April 10th?

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

I'm confused.  How can it possibly been "weeks" since you submitted a question when prepurchases have only been available for exactly one week?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Me thinks someone doesnt know what hes talking about.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

It's a strange question tbh. 

My first question is where you come from. If you are a US citizen (and bought directly from Anet website) I don't see why you can't upgrade to CE. 

If you are in another country then you need to calm the hell down because the CE is through RETAILERS not the website.

My second question is whether you bought it from a the Anet website or elsewhere.

My third question is whether you've recieved a key already. It may be because you've registered a key already.

Speculation questions whether that system is in place or not. Maybe the upgrade system isn't something they plan to work on until closer to launch.

OP doesn't seem to want to answer our questions. If you don't want to talk we can't help you. If you just keep screaming like a petulant child then we should just ignore.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

They better get those beta forums up along with some support forums. I've tried contacting NCsoft/ArenaNet about Amazon.com not having a pre-purchase page for this game, but they are quite frustrating. Amazon for the United States is the last Amazon site on the GW2 retailer list to not have their pre-purchase page up and it has been nearly 7 days. I've tried contacting Amazon, but their support doesn't have a clue about this. I've got a gift card with currency left I want to use.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

If you keep bumping your ticket it gets put back to the end of the queue, also you have to take on board that Anet support have been hammered this week.  Just a bit of patience and you will get a reply.  If your not happy just request a refund.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

it's amazing how much Anet owes some people because they spent 80 dollars. If I was them, I would refund the money and block the email / IP address from the system.  But then I'm the type of person that beleives the more a person expects, the less they deserve.

Originally posted by Quenchster

They better get those beta forums up along with some support forums. I've tried contacting NCsoft/ArenaNet about Amazon.com not having a pre-purchase page for this game, but they are quite frustrating. Amazon for the United States is the last Amazon site on the GW2 retailer list to not have their pre-purchase page up and it has been nearly 7 days. I've tried contacting Amazon, but their support doesn't have a clue about this.

They publicly answered your question and was inundated about it, they even made a anouncement on their website regarding the Amazon prepurchase.

Originally posted by biggarfoot

They better get those beta forums up along with some support forums. I've tried contacting NCsoft/ArenaNet about Amazon.com not having a pre-purchase page for this game, but they are quite frustrating. Amazon for the United States is the last Amazon site on the GW2 retailer list to not have their pre-purchase page up and it has been nearly 7 days. I've tried contacting Amazon, but their support doesn't have a clue about this.

They publicly answered your question and was inundated about it, they even made a anouncement on their website regarding the Amazon prepurchase.

Oh really? I was keeping an eye on their twitter and thought they would have announced something there. I'll check it out. Do you have a link by chance?

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Oh really? I was keeping an eye on their twitter and thought they would have announced something there. I'll check it out. Do you have a link by chance?

"Amazon.com [offers no physical pre-purchases]

I know many of you are disappointed that your local Amazon site isn't offering prepurchases of the Collector's Edition. In order to support prepurchase of Collector's Edition, a retailer needs to be able to provide a digital code at the time of purchase, and then also deliver a physical box when the game is released. We've worked with each local Amazon operation to enable this but at this time many have determined that their systems don't support it. Thus they won't be selling the Collector's Edition prepurchase, and we've reallocated their units to other retailers.

Since individual Amazon markets have different systems and policies, we are fortunate that Amazon France will be able to support the Collector's Edition prepurchase and will begin selling it on April 10.

If you're just looking to prepurchase the game from Amazon and don't need the Collector's Edition, you can still buy either of the digital editions through them. If you're looking to prepurchase the Collector's Edition online, try the alternatives listed here. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User...retailers_list"

(source)

This was on Reddit in regards to the collectors edition, wasnt on GW2 website as I initially said.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/rx4yo/prepurchasing_the_collectors_edition/

Haha Master beat me to it.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Hmmm sounds pretty weird.

When it comes to Amazon I can say that the german amazon didn't had the prepurchase on the search due to the limited copies.

I got notified per email because I already had preordered the standard edition at the 4th-5th April that a prepurchase is available now under the link they sent me in the email.

What I noticed after I cancelled the standard edition and ordered the "standard with beta" (prepurchase version with 3 days headstart) was, that to reach that page you had to go to the standard edition and check the info under it that would lead you to a extra page for prepurchase versions.

Long story short, I ordered at the 5th and got my copy delivered at the 7th (Saturday).

After I noticed that I can't register I wrote to the support over the ANet GW2 Site.

Despite it was easter holidays, I got a reply at the 9th (monday) per email that I can register at the 10th when the site opens(which I also did and it worked).

So if things are taking longer in your case, I think it's only because too many things are going on right now and too much confusion is at place through some retailers and partially through some purchasers that didn't bothered to look for infos on how things work first too. 

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

You guys are totally missing the point. Who cares when he bought it... the fact is that he's not getting a high level of customer support and the game hasn't even launched yet. Many great games unfortunately suffer from poor Customer Support. I can honestly the two MMO companies I've been most pleased with when it comes to MMO support is #2) Blizzard and #1) Trion Worlds. Always got a quick solution from both compnaies.

This was on Reddit in regards to the collectors edition, wasnt on GW2 website as I initially said.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/rx4yo/prepurchasing_the_collectors_edition/

Oh, I'm just trying to use my Amazon gift card up. I got a few bucks on it left. They managed to fix up the UK Amazon site to provide digital copies of the game, but the US is still waiting.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by Jakard

You guys are totally missing the point. Who cares when he bought it... the fact is that he's not getting a high level of customer support and the game hasn't even launched yet. Many great games unfortunately suffer from poor Customer Support. I can honestly the two MMO companies I've been most pleased with when it comes to MMO support is #2) Blizzard and #1) Trion Worlds. Always got a quick solution from both compnaies.

I sincerely find it extremely difficult to believe you got better help from Trion than Blizzard -.^

Conspiracy!

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Jakard

Don't think anyone is missing the point. He

A: lied either about purchasing or when he send an email, since he stated he pre-purchased and have been waiting 2 weeks for an answer after he so called purchased.

B: lied about emailing after he purchased when he did so before and still purchased eventhough he hadn't gotten an answer yet.

He's either a fool or a liar, might be both. He could also easily be one of those bridge dwelling beings.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

if he bought it from arena.net they wont be able to upgrade his copy to CE, simple as that. To a retailer, I can't see them making refunds, specially because you probably got the code already and registered it.

CE is a totally different beast, only retailers sell them.

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

I know a lot of people dont like twitter or social media sites and its the only social site I use.  It is a good source for info and Anet/GW 2 team use it to update people with info on a regular basis, just use a bogus username and follow them.

Anet customer support has been hammered the past week, so your questions will be slower to answer than normal, Ive used Anet  customer support on a couple of occasions and on both those occasions I have had good response from them,  a lot of questions they are recieving is already on the FaQ, and a lot of answers to questions they are getting is coming through their twitter feeds. A bit of common sense and patience goes a long way.

• DarknezzzzDarknezzzz Member Posts: 82

If you would be smart enough, you would google it. Because I am 100% sure that they said that on twitter, or any other source they post the news on. I even read it, but I will not tell you the answer, because I'm that bad :P 

And about the support, I received my answer in, about, 2 days, judging that it was the peak of pre-purchases and they were busy as fudge. Although it wasn't usefull, because to that time I already tackled the problem. But nevermind. I've seen wortse supports in my life.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

*snip*

Oh, I'm just trying to use my Amazon gift card up. I got a few bucks on it left. They managed to fix up the UK Amazon site to provide digital copies of the game, but the US is still waiting.

Well we have showb you direct quotes from ArenaNet staff, telling you that Amazon US will not be providing any pre-purchase. So feel free to wait, but you could be waiting right up until release, if Amazon US doesn't add the service ArenaNet/NCSoft requires.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

i guess comprehension is an ablility beyond most posters here, its SUPPORT service regardess, same as what you would expect from a resturant.

dont post for the sake of posting please....

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

Originally posted by Serelisk

A couple of weeks?

You prepurchased before April 3rd when prepurchase became available on April 10th?

lol. busted

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

This discussion has been closed.