Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Who else went out on a limb to support Funcom through Lifetime?

1101112131416»

Comments

• cyberwraith81cyberwraith81 Livonia, MIPosts: 9Member

I bought a lifetimer sub!

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuPosts: 1,187Member Uncommon

Originally posted by RPGTag

I bought a lifetimer sub!

Eiffel tower!

• ruejacobsruejacobs Tampa, FLPosts: 42Member

Lol.

• heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

Originally posted by Nethriil

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

To continue speculations, AoC's cash shop which is F2P(freemium) includes mounts, bag space, expansions to the game, starter gear including +2% xp ring (was given to CE I think) and PvP sets 1-5 (to allow new players to stand a chance against ranks 6-10).

TSW  will require you to pay monthly and they've stated that the outfits will be the majority of their CS. It's hard to say will TSW have exactly the same CS but I think it's fair to assume they aren't going past AoC's CS in TSW from launch.

According to what I've heard from the beta it has unlimited inventory space but of course that could change. Aside from the probable inventory space the CS could sell starter items aswell ( but since you get these from the "packages" that's out aswell). What I'm expecting from the CS is Inventory(maybe) and Teleportation items + the outfits.

Again with speculations: We'll most likely see a rather "weak" CS from launch with TSW.

Surely resurrection items are possible aswell! Any kinds of "buffs","boosts" or crafting items are power so I'd be very suprised for those.

My issue is not so much with what we will see at the cash shop at launch but rather what we will see in it 6+ months down the line. I'm pretty sure that Funcom will start with the most benign cash shop possible. They did the same with AO and AoC. Gradually though, they will start to add more and more "iffy" items.

Weapons and armor are not out of the realm of possibility because as long as they can be acquired in the game, they can be considered "nice to haves." I mean, they are already selling top of the line starter weapons and armor for cash and while the items are part of pre-order packages, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they will eventually find their way into the cash shop. All of the AoC and it's expansion pre-order items were sold in the cash shop before AoC went F2P.

In my opinion, there will be a TSW equivalent of most items you see in AoC's cash shop right now. Not at launch but a few months down the line, definitely.

Heartless u a bit odd you bash Funcom and their CS and then you praise gw2 with their CS. If you not interested in tsw that is fine. Since you dont know how tsw is going to be then its pretty childish with all your conclusions.

GW2 has no monthly fee and I know exactly what's in its cash shop. And while I'm not thrilled about certain items, there is nothing there to give one player an advantage over another. On the other hand, TSW has a monthly fee and "nice to haves" is a very vague term, so pardon me if I am a bit skeptical.

As far as my childish conclusions go, Funcom has stated that there will be no items in the cash shop that make one player more powerful than the other and yet, the various extra preorder bonuses do just that. It's all on this page.

• KeyhKeyh Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 140Member

You know exactly what's in a cash shop that's under NDA and subject to change? That's cool.

Also, nothing on that page makes your character stronger. GG though.

• heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

Originally posted by Keyh

You know exactly what's in a cash shop that's under NDA and subject to change? That's cool.

Click on the pre-order button.

The Innitiate Pack gives you high end beginner weapons.

The Master Pack gives you high end beginner talisman pack.

• KeyhKeyh Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 140Member

Oh shit. You're right. Preorderers are going to be stronger at level 1, better cancel my preorder.

• ruejacobsruejacobs Tampa, FLPosts: 42Member

Oh shit. You're right. Preorderers are going to be stronger at level 1, better cancel my preorder.

Lulz

• kishekishe aitooPosts: 1,978Member Uncommon

Originally posted by heartless

Click on the pre-order button.

The Innitiate Pack gives you high end beginner weapons.

The Master Pack gives you high end beginner talisman pack.

items that let you exit the tutorial zone in half the time! NERF!