Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR Not Tanking

OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

So I guess all the server que's yesterday was our imagination.  BTW 1.2 was not a mitiagated failure, It had a bump for sure when the ranked PvP WZ's were not added for sure.

The World Event added alot of fun, world pvp, and something new BEYOND what 1.2 added.   If you do not play the game why keep making false statements? This game is FAR from tanking or TORTanking.  GW2 hacks are seriously trying tho.  Ganrantee when that game comes out the same conversations will be on those forums as well.  Dont kid yourselves.

On Jedi Convenant, Dog of War-Guild  100 + on yesterday IN Guild

Comments

• kurtbarlowkurtbarlow Member Posts: 39

Thank you for informing us.

But !

Next time back it up by screenshots, thanks.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Its TORTANIC. Get it right. But yeah, I havent signed into the game since Jan, so Im 'out of date' All I know is that if I didnt like it, it should burn.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Of course it's not tanking, my whole damn guild of 200 players is playing it and from what I hear there are still a lot of people online, especially since 1.2. It might not be as good as it was promised but it still has a lot of players in it.

Might not stick around for too long though, but time will tell.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Im sitting on the fleet while I'm at work so I can explode and get more DNA samples. Currently 163 people on the Repub fleet at 2:47pm cst. Last night there were 2 instances of Tat during the event. Server pop is pretty good from where I'm sitting at least. 

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Ofcourse 1 or 2 servers are queue'ing (I have seen that too this weekend), but what about all the rest of the servers that are practically ghost towns? Huh??

The reason why 1 or 2 servers are queue'ing is, because people still interested and not minding rerolling for the 10th time are moving to the few high populated servers left!

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Bashing a game that hasn't be released and a blind positivity. Just what these boards need...

I guess being "old" doesn't make you wise after all. *shrug*

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

When I logged on last night, there were a handful of light servers, a bunch of standard load, and quite a few heavy, full, and very full.  I even saw three servers that had queues.  Obviously the world event probably helped, and hiccups side, patch 1.2 was a successful one aside from the ranked PvP disappointment.    

But, no, the game is not taking.    

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by JeroKane

Ofcourse 1 or 2 servers are queue'ing (I have seen that too this weekend), but what about all the rest of the servers that are practically ghost towns? Huh??

The reason why 1 or 2 servers are queue'ing is, because people still interested and not minding rerolling for the 10th time are moving to the few high populated servers left!

"All the rest of the servers?"  Are you implying that there are only a couple of heavy servers, and that all the rest are ghost towns?  

Yes, there are some dead servers.  They are dead because Bioware caved in at launch and opened too many servers.  How is this different from any other MMO that has servers?  WoW has dead servers too.  

But let's not go acting like every server save a couple are dead.  Last night there were more standard load and above servers than light servers.  

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

"All the rest of the servers?"  Are you implying that there are only a couple of heavy servers, and that all the rest are ghost towns?  

Yes, there are some dead servers.  They are dead because Bioware caved in at launch and opened too many servers.  How is this different from any other MMO that has servers?  WoW has dead servers too.  

But let's not go acting like every server save a couple are dead.  Last night there were more standard load and above servers than light servers.  

Servers that are Standard load during primetime are dead too! I have characters on two of them and they are practically ghost towns. Even during prime time!

I do not even wanna know how bad it is to have high level characters (on which you have invested significant amount of time on) on Light load servers!  I really feel sorry for those people. /shrug

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Bio gives away free time to practically all the former players; former players come back to see if 1.2 is worth coming back to; this time next week the servers will be back at their Standard to Low capacity, with The Fat Man the only server ever to touch Heavy.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by kurtbarlow

Thank you for informing us.

But !

Next time back it up by screenshots, thanks.

ScreenShots? All you had to do is goto the server info and see, and look.  However I can if you wish, also theres some post on general about complaints of que's LOL was funny actually.

What this thread need is more screenshots.

Saying there is XYZ people on fleet, X full Y heavy Z light servers, or XYZ people in guild doesn't mean anything.

So please , before you write something, have little screenshot to back up your words.

• meltingstarsmeltingstars Member UncommonPosts: 51

Before SWTOR, I wasn't even paying attention to any other MMOs as I was safely playing WoW and enjoying myself.  Then the hype of TOR got my attention, and I started researching all the upcoming MMOs.

Even after watching other games that - should I say - looked more promising?  I was still sold on SWTOR because it was Star Wars, and I really really like Star Wars.  So I was in.

Thankfully, because of TOR I upgraded to a new laptop!  So even though I'm not playing it anymore, it prepared me for GW2 and TERA, and maybe I'll try TWS too.  When I checked back 'cause of the free time, there were still players and an okay population.  Maybe a 25%-35% drop in population.  The thing is, when I went back to play... although kinda fun in PvP, I still prefered LoL.

The whole TOR saga has been epic.  The game is okay, not what I was hoping for, and that's fine.  There are some pretty awesome videos on youtube with footage from that game that is really well done, which don't put the game in a "negative light".  So some are enjoying it, and enjoyment is, what we all strive for?  And really, if there weren't awesome games coming up, I'd still be playing TOR as my MMO.

At some point, for me, I've got to let the game go, and look forward to the new games that I enjoy.  As funny as the TORtanic videos are, time to move on.. for me.   

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Originally posted by Pyuk

Bio gives away free time to practically all the former players; former players come back to see if 1.2 is worth coming back to; this time next week the servers will be back at their Standard to Low capacity, with The Fat Man the only server ever to touch Heavy.

That's just way too convenient!!!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Wrong...flat wrong jedi Convenant went full, Fatman had a 35 min que, several others, just cant remember their names. MOST were standard.  BTW, Standard is what you want for server stability anyway.   Keep trying tho Im here all week to help with the misinformation.

Originally posted by 8nf8n8ty

Before SWTOR, I wasn't even paying attention to any other MMOs as I was safely playing WoW and enjoying myself.  Then the hype of TOR got my attention, and I started researching all the upcoming MMOs.

Even after watching other games that - should I say - looked more promising?  I was still sold on SWTOR because it was Star Wars, and I really really like Star Wars.  So I was in.

Thankfully, because of TOR I upgraded to a new laptop!  So even though I'm not playing it anymore, it prepared me for GW2 and TERA, and maybe I'll try TWS too.  When I checked back 'cause of the free time, there were still players and an okay population.  Maybe a 25%-35% drop in population.  The thing is, when I went back to play... although kinda fun in PvP, I still prefered LoL.

The whole TOR saga has been epic.  The game is okay, not what I was hoping for, and that's fine.  There are some pretty awesome videos on youtube with footage from that game that is really well done, which don't put the game in a "negative light".  So some are enjoying it, and enjoyment is, what we all strive for?  And really, if there weren't awesome games coming up, I'd still be playing TOR as my MMO.

At some point, for me, I've got to let the game go, and look forward to the new games that I enjoy.  As funny as the TORtanic videos are, time to move on.. for me.   

This is an honest person, good read.  Not the game for you and you just move on, not trashing the whole game because YOU wanted to go other places.  Well said, enjoy whatever you decide play friend.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

No, we don't practice that system, because a non-trinity system is for carebears who can't handle the responsibility of having an actual role.  

not going to comment on a game vs. game argument.. but that is a failure of a statement.

the trinity is a PVE system designed for PVE gaming that is the basis for much PVP imbalance in games. to say a non-trinity system is for carebears flies in the face of all logic.  it doesn't matter which game you are a fan of,  you are either unclear on the meaning of the term "carebear" or the actual ramifications of the trinity system.

and once again, this has nothing to do with GW2.  there are a lot of games out there that don't have a hard trinity, and if you'll notice the hard mmo-style trinity isn't so rampant in highly competitive pvp games as it is in MMORPGs.

Originally posted by OldMMOGamer

Wrong...flat wrong jedi Convenant went full, Fatman had a 35 min que, several others, just cant remember their names. MOST were standard.  BTW, Standard is what you want for server stability anyway.   Keep trying tho Im here all week to help with the misinformation.

ROFL! People spouting out this TOTAL NONSENSE!  Have you even rolled characters on one of those standard load servers?  Did you??  I bet you did not!!!

Standard servers are Ghost towns!  Light servers are just dead! (feel sorry for those people stuck on those).

I have characters on two servers who are light most of the time and hit standard during EU and US primetime.

30-40 people in Fleet during primetime.  15-28 people on Corussant.  5-12ish people on the average other planet.

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers! Over half of all the servers have that kind of pop during primetime! One third don't ever come beyond Light!  Then you got just a handful (mostly due to desperate people rerolling there) that hit heavy/very heavy, with 1 or 2 queue'ing.

If you call that a healthy population??  lol. Just lol!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Any reason to not post on your main?  You appear to have knowledge of how things work around here, so why hide who you are?

I logged into CO last night, normally one of the more crowded servers and didn't run into any issues with queues, but I didn't look at the server lists.

My guild didn't appear to have any more online than normal, but again, wasn't really trying to count.  I will say those who were online seemed pretty happy with the world event, so definitely was a good thing though I was busy getting to 50 and couldn't participate.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

ROFL! People spouting out this TOTAL NONSENSE!  Have you even rolled characters on one of those standard load servers?  Did you??  I bet you did not!!!

Standard servers are Ghost towns!  Light servers are just dead! (feel sorry for those people stuck on those).

I have characters on two servers who are light most of the time and hit standard during EU and US primetime.

30-40 people in Fleet during primetime.  15-28 people on Corussant.  5-12ish people on the average other planet.

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers!!

Agreed..i was on last night,it said medium on server and saw noone in 2 hrs..if this is an mmo,its a strange one..they all must be in stealth.but i,m still having fun on my own.

• seiiyaseiiya Member Posts: 24

lol ppl want this game to fail badly..well guess what...it wont

many ppl came back since 1.2

most are happy,ranked pvp is not there yet but it will come soon

good events,the legacy thing is epic

and from 20-30 ppl saw at the imperial fleet there are now 100+

all servers i see "europe" are standard-heavy

most bugs have been fixed

class are getting more and more balanced...so far so good...cant wait for 1.3

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers! Over half of all the servers have that kind of pop during primetime! One third don't ever come beyond Light!  Then you got just a handful (mostly due to desperate people rerolling there) that hit heavy/very heavy, with 1 or 2 queue'ing.

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D  EDIT: Now 97 on Tatooine instance 1, current info to help you all.

Originally posted by seiiya

This is getting tedious, but i'll repeat it once again.

Back up your words by screenshots (best would be from fleet) !!

And saying that all servers are 'standard or heavy' is another empty proof.

How many people is standard or heavy ? 100, 500, 1000, 2000 ?  See, noone knows.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D

Even with those numbers it still falls short for a MMO. Should be in the 1000s per zone not hundreds.

Originally posted by seiiya

The vast majority of EU servers never come beyond Standard load during primetime. Only 5-6 servers hit Heavy and 2 are full. That's it.

The load gradation is LIGHT > STANDARD > HEAVY > VERY HEAVY > FULL > QUEUEing.

STANDARD (which most US and EU servers are during primetime) is just a tad less worse than LIGHT. They are still practically ghost towns!

A healthy server in SW:TOR is HEAVY load, preferably VERY HEAVY load.

The two servers I play on, who are now ghost towns (STANDARD during primetime) were VERY HEAVY in the first 3 weeks of launch.

Back then we had 100+ people in fleet, over 70-80 people in each instance of Corussant (were 3-5 instances up each night) and an average of 30-40 people on various other planets (with 2-3 instances).

Now, we mostly got 30ish people on Fleet during prime time, a single instance of 15-28ish people on Corussant and 5-12ish people on various other planets.

That's the population on a STANDARD load server!  Yes! It's that bad!