Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World event happening RIGHT NOW

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by dubyahite

Wow they put One of the bosses in Outlaws den. That's where you can attack both factions.

We had two Imperial ops and two republic ops all fighting each other while fighting the boss. Crazy.

That does sound fun. Isn't there free time for those of us who cancelled coming up?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Yawn

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by echolynfan

Yawn

what a great contribution to the thread. 

There Is Always Hope!

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Not only were Imps and Republic fighting each other, but they were helping each other too. The plague threatens all of the galaxy, I guess, lol. It was cool though.  Saw Sorcerer and a Scoundrel team up to beat one of the bosses. I myself killed a wandering Strong that happened upon an Imperial Agent surrounded by rakghouls.

Perhaps this plague can foster peace between the two factions... ;)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

There seems to be some sort of way to 'game' the system, saw some guildies talking about it on chat last evening.  Seems people were not really doing it as the developers really intended, but can't say exactly what the issue was. 

I think most folks were standing around the banks in Fleet or something like that, rather than trying to infect folks in the open world.

But my guildmates seemed thrilled at the event, and it was all they could talk about.  (me, I was busy over on Voss finally getting my main to 50)

Edit: Appears this thread details the exploit better:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4904785/Instant-Gratification-is-damaging-my-calm.html#4904785

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

It's good to see Bioware cutting past EA in an effort to reach out to the player-base.

Fixed that for you.

All in all, a good event.  This is the kind of stuff MMOS should be doing 24/7.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by keithian

Originally posted by echolynfan

Yawn

what a great contribution to the thread. 

Short....succinct...no wall of text. What more could you ask for? :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Hey they did something dynamic and didn't hold a press conference to announce it. I give them props for this. There may be some hope.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• hh33hh33 Member Posts: 55

Too little too late, stuff like this is not going to salvage their game.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I wish that instead of popping and dying that you would be allowed to run around as a Rakgoul and kill people. That would so cool.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100

Was a blast

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Dredphyre

Not only were Imps and Republic fighting each other, but they were helping each other too. The plague threatens all of the galaxy, I guess, lol. It was cool though.  Saw Sorcerer and a Scoundrel team up to beat one of the bosses. I myself killed a wandering Strong that happened upon an Imperial Agent surrounded by rakghouls.

Perhaps this plague can foster peace between the two factions... ;)

Oh how little you know!

Last night I was with a World Boss raid to kill the new Boss in the FFA PVP area on Tatooine, and our Republic raid zerged the other Rep. players over and over to get the World Boss for us, hrhr. They were allies, but... in that place it didn't matter! XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Elikal

Oh how little you know!

Last night I was with a World Boss raid to kill the new Boss in the FFA PVP area on Tatooine, and our Republic raid zerged the other Rep. players over and over to get the World Boss for us, hrhr. They were allies, but... in that place it didn't matter! XD

Haha, well at least they finally figured out how to get some open world PvP going, even if it wasn't intended, right?  ;)

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Oh how little you know!

Haha, well at least they finally figured out how to get some open world PvP going, even if it wasn't intended, right?  ;)

They also figured out a way to keep Elikal (as well as some others) playing a game that he trashes. I'd call that a sucess. ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Oh how little you know!

They also figured out a way to keep Elikal (as well as some others) playing a game that he trashes. I'd call that a sucess. ;)

Lol. Well, it's partially boredom. I cancelled my TERA preorder, after 3 beta weekends I felt it wasn't my thing. And TSW is still away. So I felt, why the heck not. I never though swtor is all bad. ;)

Commenting on MMOs is like raising kids. "Who loves his kids won't spare them the spank." or so the Holy Bible says. It's all about beating sense into people. Being nice never makes anyone get better.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Good job Bioware/EA somehing I was looking to see,

Question does this happen everywhere or only certaint places my friend might resub if  it can lead to more things happening.

Also how varied or is it only on rhakghuls or something?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Originally posted by RizelStar

Question does this happen everywhere or only certaint places my friend might resub if  it can lead to more things happening.

Theres the two flashpoints that deal with the story, and new dailies seem to be added in each day for the event. Today there is a new one which give the gloves to the event set, yesterday it was the boots. It seems as this will keep increasing in scale, which is fine by me, I have a lot of green-black crystals and mini pets to get. 

• it also appears that every day you do the event dailies you may unlock a new one.people found a daily today that wasnt there yesterday. it provides the next piece of containment social gear (containment gloves). the theory is that when you the new daily, it will unlock one the next day that will have the next piece of gear until the set is complete. for those completionists or codex addicts out there, there are currently 9 codex entries for the event, 6 from the daily quest(with possibly more to come if indeed more quests are unlocked) and 3 from the world bosses(2 which are new)

one thing i think is pretty cool, is the infected companion appearance kits.  some can be seen here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=416209

oh and dont forget to do the hidden quest to get this little guy for a pet ;)

edit: oh and remember to be careful when entering ship hangers if you are infected ;)

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Where is the hidden quest for that guy? I thought the only pet was off the vendor.

• Originally posted by Xerith

Where is the hidden quest for that guy? I thought the only pet was off the vendor.

starts in anchorhead (for republic) and mos Illa (for empire)

http://mmo-mechanics.com/news.php?article=how-to-get-tracking-the-origin-quest-2

edit: be prepared to travel over most of tatooine for it

Originally posted by hh33

What else will if not adding interesting content?

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by Distopia

I guess just give up.  I mean, if the game isn't 100% perfect, even with over a million subscribers, might as well just pack it in and call it a day, instead of trying to improve it.  That's what I learned on these boards, at least.  

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Xerith

Originally posted by RizelStar

Theres the two flashpoints that deal with the story, and new dailies seem to be added in each day for the event. Today there is a new one which give the gloves to the event set, yesterday it was the boots. It seems as this will keep increasing in scale, which is fine by me, I have a lot of green-black crystals and mini pets to get. 

Alight thanks for the information my friend is going to resub, to try it out.

I might joing in depending on how far they going with this. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

I guess they still have ~ half a year as a time window.

Neither Tera nor TSW nor even Pandaria will be a real threat. Tera will not be the uber hit, TSW ppl are reluctant (justified or not, it is Funcom & an unusual setting, so I don't see a million crowd) and even WOW Pandaria has not the appeal as past expansions. Some will try it out 1-2 months, but I think that will be it.

The real test are GW2 and maybe to a degree the sleeper hit Neverwinter by the end of the year. So it kinda hinges on how much Bioware can add within half a year.

I guess they still have ~ half a year as a time window.

Neither Tera nor TSW nor even Pandaria will be a real threat. Tera will not be the uber hit, TSW ppl are reluctant (justified or not, it is Funcom & an unusual setting, so I don't see a million crowd) and even WOW Pandaria has not the appeal as past expansions. Some will try it out 1-2 months, but I think that will be it.

The real test are GW2 and maybe to a degree the sleeper hit Neverwinter by the end of the year. So it kinda hinges on how much Bioware can add within half a year.

Good points on all counts. IF they can do some things that promote decent open PVP I'd be back, I was pretty surprised hearing about how they planted that new boss.