Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will this run guild wars 2?

xJanekxxJanekx Member Posts: 9

2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor( 2.2GHz 1333MHz 6MB)

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 1GB

8.0GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz

500GB 5400

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

requirements at the bottom - subject to change

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by xJanekx

500GB 5400

There is a cool website which will tell you just that:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Just select GW2 as the game from the dropdown menu and presto.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Those are m14x specifications, very powerfull and will definitely run GW2 without trouble on near maximum settings, in heavy pvp situations with many people on the screen you might need to reduce them to inbetween max and medium settings but you could still get buy keeping it at max either way.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

If you mean you already have it and want to know if you can play Guild Wars 2, then yes.  It should run pretty well at moderate settings.  Whether it runs well on high to max settings depends on how high ArenaNet decides to allow you to turn settings.

If you mean you're looking to buy a new computer to play Guild Wars 2 on, then you don't want that one.  The GeForce GT 555M is a low end GPU chip, and only slightly faster than modern integrated graphics.  That gets you all of the drawbacks of a discrete card (higher price tag, heavier, shorter battery life, runs hotter, more things that can go wrong), but without the large performance advantage that is the point of a discrete card.  When AMD's Trinity APU launches in a month, it might well bring integrated graphics faster than a GeForce GT 555M; if not, then it surely won't be much slower.

Originally posted by eycel

Those are m14x specifications, very powerfull and will definitely run GW2 without trouble on near maximum settings, in heavy pvp situations with many people on the screen you might need to reduce them to inbetween max and medium settings but you could still get buy keeping it at max either way.

No it isn't.  It's a totally different video card.  Yes, I realize that card is a GeForce GT 555M and the Alienware M14x also has a GeForce GT 555M.  But they're two completely different and unrelated cards that Nvidia just happened to give exactly the same name to.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

In heavy PvP, that rig will want to be on very low. I've heard complaints about rigs with much more raw power dropping below 10FPS when in WvW. Although, they are still working on optimizing the engine. So we won't know exactly how hard the WvW will hit until after launch.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

GW2 performance on the chart is estimated, but it's still useful for checking various cards relative to each other:

(Click image for full resolution):

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by Magnetia

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

requirements at the bottom - subject to change

These minimum specs you can barely play GW2 only on low maybe.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by xJanekx

500GB 5400

it depends on youre resolution.  if your laptop is 1366x768 then it shoulld run at high settings.  any higher resolution will put it into medium.

I've got the straight edge.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by Quizzical

No it isn't.  It's a totally different video card.  Yes, I realize that card is a GeForce GT 555M and the Alienware M14x also has a GeForce GT 555M.  But they're two completely different and unrelated cards that Nvidia just happened to give exactly the same name to.

@OP -  don't take this guys advice.

I've got the straight edge.

Originally posted by brody71

it depends on youre resolution.  if your laptop is 1366x768 then it shoulld run at high settings.  any higher resolution will put it into medium.

Then again, even if you have otherwise maxed in-game settings at 1366x768, does that really count as "high" settings?  Only 768 vertical pixels is awkward in more than a few games.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Yours, Quizzical's, or eycel's?

I'm not polejocking or anything, but as the Guide, I'm fairly certain Quizzical's advice is trustworthy.

• srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Serelisk

Yours, Quizzical's, or eycel's?

I'm not polejocking or anything, but as the Guide, I'm fairly certain Quizzical's advice is trustworthy.

There are actually 3 different GT555M, 2 based on GF106 (with DDR3) and one on GF108 (with GDDR5). I don't get NVidia's reason for this, as it's not the only mobile card with the same name based on different cores, but well...

Which is which I don't know, he'd have to look through the laptop specs.

In any case, at 1366x768 OP won't have any problem running the game.

Originally posted by srps

There are actually 3 different GT555M, 2 based on GF106 (with DDR3) and one on GF108 (with GDDR5). I don't get NVidia's reason for this, as it's not the only mobile card with the same name based on different cores, but well...

Which is which I don't know, he'd have to look through the laptop specs.

In any case, at 1366x768 OP won't have any problem running the game.

Last I checked, there were only two GT 555Ms, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia added another.

The reason they do it is pretty simple, at least at a high level.  The job of a marketing department is to convince people to buy the company's product.  If you've got a good product at a good price, you explain why it's a good product at a good price.  And if you don't, then you have to resort to trying to trick people into overpaying for it anyway.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Then again, even if you have otherwise maxed in-game settings at 1366x768, does that really count as "high" settings?  Only 768 vertical pixels is awkward in more than a few games.

rofl, resolution elitist.

<- plays on 720p TV lol.