Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had the single best thought of the decade

Pokemon MOBA. go

Comments

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

How dare you not say Guild Wars 2 MOBA.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

This would work as long as they don't have every single pokemon. Maybe the first 150 and start with a few to begin with add them regularly like LoL does. Not sure though, because some of them would be overpowered, but it would be a plus if they add in the weakness attributes and make sure that people can't be the same one on each team

• SakerasoSakeraso Member Posts: 45

Actually wouldn't be so bad, Alot of pokemon share the same abilities, and as for the weaker pokemon, it would be a level base game where you can make pokemon evolve say at level 6 then 12 or some shit most pokemon only have a certain amount  evolutionary stages, And the pokemon who can be evolved with items, well thats what the poke helper guy is for once you get cash for killing a player or w/e could absolutely work and would easily be the best game if done right

• OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236

Not a fan of pokemon (it came out when i was a teenager and i never really understood the whole draw of it.

But in my mind Nintendo has some IP's that would be pure gold in the MMO market.

People would go crazy over a zelda themed MMO, as you stated Pokemon would work, I can't see them making a Mario themed one, but in my mind the best one would Metroid themed MMO along the themes of a prime based MMORPG/FPS that would be a blast to play (different suits and suit upgrades completely unrelated to Samus's suit (not everyone can be a Human/Chozo hybrid), with the possiblity of rare gear based on the technlogy of other races like the Chozo or Luminoth)

But I'm afraid if Nintendo did chose to branch off into making games for other systems that they do not produce it would dilute the very IP's that make them special)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,352

Pokemon needs to be an MMORPG.  It's as if the entire concept of the game was written from scratch to be an MMORPG, and then Nintendo mysteriously decided to only have it available on Game Boy (and its successors) with no Internet access.

Just because you've got a popular IP doesn't mean that it would work as an MMORPG.  If you want to do a Zelda MMORPG, then surely not everyone gets to be Link.  The whole "the world is coming to an end and only you can save us" spiel works in a single player game, but not an MMORPG.  You need some plausible reason why there are a zillion heroes running around.

• M1rr0rl3as3M1rr0rl3as3 Member UncommonPosts: 24

I'd Definitely like to see that....but like they said, with the ORIGINAL 150 pokemon. It would bring back so many memories :D

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Yeah, I also think that Pokemon has all the right things to make a decent MMORPG.  Just do a quick google search and take a look at the hundreds of illegal rip-offs by fans.  Anyway, most of the newer Pokemon games have various online features like battling and trading, but I think Nintendo is to blame for it not being a full on MMORPG at this point.  I mean, Pokemon is popular and extremely profitable, so I can't imagine Nintendo allowing it to escape from their handhelds/consoles.

• M1rr0rl3as3M1rr0rl3as3 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Ujirik

Yeah, I also think that Pokemon has all the right things to make a decent MMORPG.  Just do a quick google search and take a look at the hundreds of illegal rip-offs by fans.  Anyway, most of the newer Pokemon games have various online features like battling and trading, but I think Nintendo is to blame for it not being a full on MMORPG at this point.  I mean, Pokemon is popular and extremely profitable, so I can't imagine Nintendo allowing it to escape from their handhelds/consoles.

Well...if they keep it simple, it's ok....after all, you don't want it going the way of CoD (even though it's another genre, I mean the half-thought out, rehashed game every year) or FFXIV....I agree it would better be a MOBA game.

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    What the heck is a MOBA?
  • guldurkhandguldurkhand Member Posts: 23

MOBA is a game like DOTA, Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends.

I love the idea, man I never came up with that idea. But you need to contact nintendo about it and nintendo doesn't like copying idea's. It would also take years to accomplish.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

What would be the creeps? Team plasma and rocket? I would love to see my bulbasaur shit on a charizard just cause of pure skill.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Frightening.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• guldurkhandguldurkhand Member Posts: 23

The creeps could be simple ratata's and pidgey's for example.

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

POKEMON would be far superior as a MOBA than any other genre.

That actually is probably the single best thought of the decade (for Pokemon or ARTS games).

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by yewsef

What the heck is a MOBA?

It's an ARTS.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Chill out people, Mists of Pandaria will be out soon to soothe those Pokemon cravings.
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by yewsef

What the heck is a MOBA?

I'm only guessing, but maybe its Multiplayer Online Battle Arena?

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

Just be careful. MISSINGNO's ultimate would crash the server.