Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your Favorite MMO?

Its a toss up for me between EQ and SWG, EQ was my life suck for 4 years and I miss the guild I used to run with, but SWG was for game play and being able to do most anything you want.

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

As often as we bash SOE, my two favorite MMOs happen to be SOE games: SWG & EQ2.

I've played about every major MMO out there, too.

SWG offered the most sustain and EQ2 offered my first mild-linear experience. Everything else? I can't make it past the free month. It's like playing dumbed down console versions of EQ2.

• tasasastasasas Member Posts: 12

UO and...

wait, there's only UO :(

• mikeoffymikeoffy Member UncommonPosts: 31

Are you serious with this question its only been asked a million times this month go back and read  past posts. 

• SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66

Everquest 2, still crying today thinking at those moments.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

UO (pre tram)

DAOC (pre trials of atlantis)

COH

Loved all of them :) Other games have held my attention for a couple months, but those ones had me actually engrossed. I almost considering hoping into COH again for a change of pace.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

EQ2,simply the best all round MMO ever made.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

UO and WOW (blashphemy, I know. But WoW felt like an expansive, real world in 2004.)

If Guild Wars wasn't a CORPG, then I'd have a top three.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

UO (then and now), FFXI, and Mabinogi.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Asheron's Call 1 and Dark Age of Camelot.

I could run for days in  Asheron's Call and still not see all of the world. Daoc had seige and keep taking and massive rvr, that I enjoyed until Trials of Atlantis came along, I left shortly after that.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Eve Online.  Nothing else has even come close.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Lineage 2 in my opinion. Doing castle seiges is really fun and fortress battles. Basically being able to own whatever you conquer is really cool. Defending everything was fun too. Basically I want more games to have these systems and not be a horrible flop.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    EQ1 and Mortal Online.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

WOW

fixed all the problems of EQ, with better art design.

First to have LFD, LFR .... making dungeons & raids a joy to play.

Lots of stuff to do. Collecting pets. Collecting mounts.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

UO (Earlier UO) - Sandbox

EQ (pre instances/LDoN type stuff) - Themeparkish/3D

DAoC - RvR

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Asherons Call

All other MMOs have failed in the face of the depth and fun that AC fostered.  No other game has come close to being the perfect blend of things to do.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Hello Kitty Online.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

DAOC!  While *I* didn't mind Trials, I absolutely hated NF, and also disliked the changes to BG's

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Lineage 1 back in 03 and 04 , not so much the game itself but the people I met although I did enjoy the game very much .

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

For me is EQ1 pre Luclin expansion.

Maybe is nostalgia and maybe its because it was my first experience on a MMRPG but man...that was epic.

The trains in crusbone, the corpse runs, getting lost in that huge and dangerous world (because no UI map), trying to pass through Kiticor Forest before the night comes, the raids to the plains, the good old friends......oh those were the days....

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Juaks

For me is EQ1 pre Luclin expansion.

Maybe is nostalgia and maybe its because it was my first experience on a MMRPG but man...that was epic.

The trains in crusbone, the corpse runs, getting lost in that huge and dangerous world (because no UI map), trying to pass through Kiticor Forest before the night comes, the raids to the plains, the good old friends......oh those were the days....

what he said 

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes was and is still my favourite, it was my first MMORPG in 07 and nothing has compared since. I'm excited for the F2P conversion and I've recently returned having not played since 08. I'm really enjoying it, despite the low population I've been having a blast and haven't had trouble grouping up for quests and dungeons which is good - considering it's the group content that makes VG special IMO.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Daoc, only game where reaching end game meant more fun and less grind
  • TootallTootall Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hard one for me to choose because each game has it's own appeal but I narrowed it down to 3. Everquest, Anarchy Online and DAOC. If I was absoutely forced to choose just one I would probably pick DAOC simply for the RvR experience in Thidranki alone.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Shadowbane

Currently bored with MMO's.

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

DAoC