Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now when IS release?

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by star

Like it's been said in this thread and the many before it, all signs do indeed point to June. As I mentioned in the prepurchase thread, those who bought CEs from Gamestop might've noticed a stipulation underneath their game code: expires 6/26.

Telling, no?

I agree with speculation pointing to late June. That doesn't mean the date couldn't slip if the game has some issues that would prevent it from being "ready", but I think Arenanet are pushing ahead with the hope and tacit assumption that the game will be ready for late June.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

September is my bet. The content for two races wasn't ready yet to show to the public. We haven't seen any content beyond level 30 ( ? )  either. Cutscenes are still work in progress and launch AFTER summer holidays seems like a good business decision. 

Originally posted by Blindchance

September is my bet. The content for two races wasn't ready yet to show to the public. We haven't seen any content beyond level 30 ( ? )  either. Cutscenes are still work in progress and launch AFTER summer holidays seems like a good business decision. 

Arenanet stressed recently that we should not assume anything about the completeness of the game based on what is or isn't included in the beta events. They are holding back content to ensure it will be new to everyone at launch and hinted that that will likely include the Sylvari and Asura starting areas. They have also assured us that areas not included in the beta events are being thoroughly tested as part of the NDA protected private closed beta process.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Thing is, I hate the 'it's beta/you're playing an older build/etc' excuses. I realize they don't want to play their hand quite yet, but everytime I see a studio use that excuse I cringe.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    I had more to say but my phone deleted it :[

Originally posted by star

Thing is, I hate the 'it's beta/you're playing an older build/etc' excuses. I realize they don't want to play their hand quite yet, but everytime I see a studio use that excuse I cringe.

It's not excuses in this case, they've been saying for at least a year and a half that they didn't plan on giving players access to all, or even most, of the game during beta events. They want most of the game to be seen by players for the first time with the launch. I agree that some developers use this strategy to mask issues with the game. I trust that Arenanet are not doing it for such a reason, but general cynicism in the genre is understandable. :)

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by RefMinor

Soon™

I heard Extra Soon.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NandoSupesNandoSupes Member Posts: 61

I can see the game releasing around June/July.

no way in December,too many games come out around the holiday season,

it will get less attention.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Tomorrow. It releases tomorrow. Now if they would just open the accounts up so I could log in, I'd be first in line.....

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

The only thing we know is what Anet said. They said they wouldn't start the player betas until they were close to release, those have not only started but they've moved on to letting pre-purchasers into the beta events as well. That means, yes, soon. What "soon" is to them we don't know, but December, as someone else mentioned, is extremely unlikely.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Well considering they stated there would be "Several" Beta Event Weekends at the rate of about 1 per month, plus they said they will give us at least a months notice before release then;

April - Beta Event Weekend
    May - Beta Event Weekend
    June - Beta Event Weekend + (4 - 6 Weeks Notice of Release)
    July to August > Release!

So can be no sooner than End of June and likely to be between Mid July - to Mid August

• Kyuz0oKyuz0o Member Posts: 80

I think it´s really hard to tell. Because we have seen a lot of stuff where they have to work on. Look at the totalbiscuit explorable mode dungeon, and the elite skill vids etc. There`s still a bunch of placeholders there and stuff that needs to be finished off, and bugs to be eliminated etc.

So all in all a lot of work. We don`t know if the version of the game is the same they are running internally (I doubt it). And at least I for one don`t have a clue how long it takes to fix stuff like that. Let`s take an example, broken dialogue in the explorable mode dungeon...

It could be a quicky of 5 minutes, or it could take a few hours, who really knows? Then they have to optimize the clients and servers, internal network etc.

My guess is, that they won`t release before the end of June, would give us at least 2-3 Beta Weekends.

I am really looking forward to those...

You know those types of games where you`re all hyped up? You`re just bursting with joy and drooling just when you know you`ll get to play them? And that is one of the best feelings ever? Then when you finally get to play it`s like... meh, it`s nice but yeah....

Well all I can say is, the times I got to play it it was BETTER than that when I was just anticipating...

So at least for me it`s definately my game. Not saying everyone has to like GW2, but I loved it the short periods of time I got 2 play.

• MalevianMalevian Member Posts: 48

I seem to recall that the creators said one major thing about the release of Guild Wars 2

When it's ready!

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Middle of June. It would be a perfect marceting strategy to give players time to experience D3. Many players play a game, even as if its D3 with a certain replay-value, at least once and get then easily distracted by other games. And this will also work with Guild Wars 2.

I say 15th June. December is way too far away if you already can pre-purchase the game now. Normally a launch is 1-3months after a pre-purchase.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

September ? October?

Close enough to the winter holidays and after the summer holidays?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by 4bsolute

Middle of June. It would be a perfect marceting strategy to give players time to experience D3. Many players play a game, even as if its D3 with a certain replay-value, at least once and get then easily distracted by other games. And this will also work with Guild Wars 2.

I say 15th June. December is way too far away if you already can pre-purchase the game now. Normally a launch is 1-3months after a pre-purchase.

Tera release date may have some say to that June 15 date. Seeing how it releases June 19 I'm not sure that it would go so well here in the US. I for one would play GW2 way over Tera but there are a lot of people that will go either way and those days are just to close to see what may happen.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SIRKRASIRKRA Member UncommonPosts: 66

I really think that let a game out about the same time of others is not a good strategy, I think the best is letting the game go out a few time later than others, while players already get the "first exiting time moment" gone, and want already try anything new and different. I'm prospecting a summer release too.

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Member Posts: 172

Ive heard people on beta saying this game cant be ready in less than 4-6 months

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

This just in:

Members of Anet's GW2 development team spotted on Copacabana beach, spending vast amounts of money on 5 star hotels, Raybans, icecream (5 scoops), cocktails and fancy clubs.

When prompted with the question when work on GW2 will be resumed Colin Johanson answered with a snippy "We're done when we are done!"

• MurdokMurdok Member UncommonPosts: 5

I noticed the same thing Star did.  That the code is only good until 6/26.  Also knowing that the codes are only good until 5 days after release this puts us at thursday 6/21 with early access on monday 6/18.  Which would be roughly two months after this coming weekend.  With all the things that may change from now until then I am personally looking at these dates with hope.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

they need a 2 month anouncement at least , sending boxes to retailers ect....

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83

Obama said on his Twitter account that it will be June.. 2013..

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Originally posted by DarkPony

This just in:

Members of Anet's GW2 development team spotted on Copacabana beach, spending vast amounts of money on 5 star hotels, Raybans, icecream (5 scoops), cocktails and fancy clubs.

When prompted with the question when work on GW2 will be resumed Colin Johanson answered with a snippy "We're done when we are done!"

What rant article is that?

They are artists, they need much freetime. If you or whoever came up with that nonsense-article have ever done anything articist you know what I mean. No offense

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83

This just in:

They are artists, they need much freetime. If you or whoever came up with that nonsense-article have ever done anything articist you know what I mean. No offense

That just went right over your head.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Boognishe

This just in:

That just went right over your head.

*nods* Nice unexpected reply though. :-)

This discussion has been closed.