Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: New Contest Asks Players to Predict the Fall of Garuda

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As the Final Fantasy XIV v1.22 patch is being prepared for deployment, the dev team has announced a new contest for players. In it, players are being asked to predict how long they think it will take a group of intrepid characters to take down Garuda. Up to 20 winners will be chosen and will score some in game swag.

Read more on the Final Fantasy XIV forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Ryujin1027Ryujin1027 Member Posts: 1

wow ?

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

is this game any better now? i played it for about a month when it first came out and coudnt get into it.(and im a huge FF fan)

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Things like this makes me want to start playing it again!!

also with those numbers that r in the vid in take down times is that how long it took them or when it happend?

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

It's when it happened after the patch was released.... Ifrit took 74 hours after the patch was released, moogle took 6.   The devs take pride in the design... they were not happy that moogle was beaten so quickly.. i'm guessing Garuda will be in between Ifrit and Moogle kill.

I came back to FFXIV for the past 3 months after giving up on it for 6 months.  I love the game.  Yoshi=P gets it... the game is a lot of fun and on June 5, 2012 (E3) the world will see what' he's been doing all this time...

For those of you interested... here's a list of changes planned for 2.0

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201-Coming-in-Version-2.0%21

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Originally posted by Scypheroth

is this game any better now? i played it for about a month when it first came out and coudnt get into it.(and im a huge FF fan)

From what I understand it's certainly better (multiple improvements and a bit of new content), but most still don't consider it worth the subscription fee.

just wondering why are ppl fighting summons? are they summons in this game? or is it liek how in ff8 u kill them then obtain them?

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

They're called Guardians in FFXIV and you fight them as a raid content.  Summoner will be added in 2.0 starting with carbuncle... none of the summons shown in the video will be used for summoner.....

• StandadeezyStandadeezy Member Posts: 23
    just started playin and love the game. if any new players or others are interested I've started a linkshell on Aegis server called adventure. hit me up if you are interested in playing together!

server: aegis
    ls: adventure
    name: Standadeezy Balsamo
    class: 24 MAR