Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faction specific bonuses

Anyone know if there will be any sort of faction specific bonuses? (similar to racial bonuses in WoW and many other games)

Comments

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Sourcec0de

Anyone know if there will be any sort of faction specific bonuses? (similar to racial bonuses in WoW and many other games)

there were some faction locked skills, but I believe it has changed...

so no, I think the only difference in the factions are:

Lore, Looks, the way you get introduced to the quest (cutscenes), there are some faction specific quests and some quests that what you need to do is different based on your faction...

• KeyhKeyh Member Posts: 140

There are faction specific abilities which are supposedly social, and faction specific "decks"

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Biggest differences between Factions are the sides in faction pvp, look of your character and quest texts (Different factions have different reasons for doing same quest)

There was to be faction specific abilities but as far as I know they were done away with.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Nothing that affects your power.

Outfits (from decks) and social things most likely.

• Sourcec0deSourcec0de Member Posts: 2

You know for me I'm actually kind of surprised. I think they've take the homogenous leveling/character system too far. Personally I like it when there are differences between the factions beyond just looks. I think it makes your character more personal and sets your faction apart in subtle but good ways.

Oh well. I'll trust funcom in this one. I can see some reasons as to why it would be done like this. In this way people will pick their faction based on which one suits their personality type, and not the racial bonuses (maybe). We'll see I guess.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Sourcec0de

You know for me I'm actually kind of surprised. I think they've take the homogenous leveling/character system too far. Personally I like it when there are differences between the factions beyond just looks. I think it makes your character more personal and sets your faction apart in subtle but good ways.

Oh well. I'll trust funcom in this one. I can see some reasons as to why it would be done like this. In this way people will pick their faction based on which one suits their personality type, and not the racial bonuses (maybe). We'll see I guess.

The whole idea of the skill system is to allow a single character to get everything.

Also there will be no balance issues as anyone can play the FOTM ;J