Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation

Hello all, a little new around here but wanted to ask the community what their favourite character creation system is that they have seen in an MMO.

Everyone likes to look at their avatar, so let me know what game and any links for me to look at.

Also any specific features you would like to see added to character creations.

Thanks

Comments

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

APB Reloaded... some can question its inclusion as a MMO, but the character creation is the best, and it's not even close.

• Jade77Jade77 Member Posts: 11

Yeah only played the BETA but got to say it was very good.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I played the original APB and the system was incredible.  I think I may have spent more time customizing my characters than actually playing them.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Unlight

I played the original APB and the system was incredible.  I think I may have spent more time customizing my characters than actually playing them.

Which is one of the greater problems with that game. You are not alone in your experience.

• ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41

I loved Aion's character creation. I hated their CS.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Yea, for customization it's already been said and its going to be hard to beat, APB...

But for stats and game mechanics; Anarchy Online. Skill/Class hybrid where you could make anything you wanted if you willing to spend the points. Unfortunately, most people are stupid, so the crunchy system was too difficult (boo hoo) for most people and now they are changing it.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• mick779mick779 Member Posts: 17

EvE Online > APB  imo.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Originally posted by mick779

EvE Online > APB  imo.

That is an insane statement.

You could create your own character, music, clothing, cars, logo, can you really say EvE has more option then apb? Perhaps CCP will take the crown with world of darkness, but even is not better then apb.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Yeah, it's gotta be APB. Really feel like I should check out that game once again.

Any good character creator needs tons of options & sliders, but also limit players so that they cannot create Aion Abominations.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by Unlight

I think I may have spent more time customizing my characters than actually playing them.

actually this is the case with the majority of MMOs i played during the last years.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by mick779

EvE Online > APB  imo.

if you say "my character is my ship" this is might be correct. but thats a weird comparision.

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds