Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: PAX East – Skills and Chaos Magic

2»

Comments

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by Dakirn

Still no comments on how most quests are standard fedex/kill X X and that you can only have a small amount at a time?

Interesting. I hope everyone who's about to spend money on it gets a chance to try it first.

Just saying..

It's not like that really. You have multiple different "types" of quests. Yes, killing shit in a video game is one of the types. 

You can only have 3 quests at the same time. A story, side and some other shit I can't remember right now. Quests have multipe tiers to them.

It's actually really good, because you get more immersed on a quest when you arn't doing 50 other quests on the way.  The zones arn't really linear either. You can pretty much just run around doing whatever floats your boat.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

The animations are horrible and so are the skill effects.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by M1sf1t

I am pretty sure they ll be improved before launch. Animations is not so difficult to fix.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by Nethriil

I am pretty sure they ll be improved before launch. Animations is not so difficult to fix.

I wish they wouldn't mess around with the animations before the launch.

There are much more important things than animations Oo

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

Originally posted by Nethriil

ait happy about setting up such expectations, when you go to a game show you will show off the best you got, the individual may not agree it is the best, but can be certain the developers themself doesnt think this need more work.

would be suicide marketing wise to show off something that is still "in progress" especially when realease is just around the corner - if wildstar were at the show maybe could come with a comment like this

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

it's refreshing to see a skill tree that potentially requires an encyclopedia to work out. i love that kind of game. it's so . . . oldschool. i want to see more of it. i think skilltrees should be so much more complicated than they have been evolving into and hope that remains.

having said that, the game itself hasn't grabbed me, yet.

maybe closer to release, because i do like the idea of it.

it's nice to see some kind of urban mmo.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

The skill system does look really good.....Its the rest of the game that has me wanting alot more info.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

It's Funcom.....you have to wait until launch to know what is and isn't in the game.   Previews, statements on the box, demos, are all just potential games.    Until it goes live, who knows what you'll get in the game or what it will be like.

Seriously, previews about any Funcom game is really pointless.