Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The User Interface.....

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

..is impressive. Whether you think this should have been available at release or not, the UI went from extremely annoying to quite impressive. I spent 2 hours tinkering with it and I couldn't be happier with the so many options..especially with the way you can shape and size the action bars..each individually....and FINALLY I can put the damn map, targets, and chat where I want it..as well as my companion action bar lol. Its funny how the simple things make a game in general feel more complete when its presented in a way one likes. :-)

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by keithian

so many options..especially with the way you can shape and size the action bars..each individually....and FINALLY I can put the damn map, targets, and chat where I want it..as well as my companion action bar lol.

Iam not playing TOR, but aren't those options standard in these days when it comes to MMO ?

I mean its nice they tweak UI but I dont see anything exciting about it.

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Yeah, it's pretty nice now, and very easy to use.  My only issue with it is the inability to add extra skill bars and not being able to adjust your side skill bars from vertical to horizontal if you want.  Hopefully, they add this feature in at another down the road.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Yeah, it's pretty nice now, and very easy to use.  My only issue with it is the inability to add extra skill bars and not being able to adjust your side skill bars from vertical to horizontal if you want.  Hopefully, they add this feature in at another down the road.

You just need to play with your settings some more.  You CAN adjust all the skill bars to be vertical or horizontal but 4 skill bars is all they provide.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by kasta

You just need to play with your settings some more.  You CAN adjust all the skill bars to be vertical or horizontal but 4 skill bars is all they provide.

Hmmm, I didn't see that option on the UI editor.  Should I be looking in my preferences for that option instead of in the editor?  Thanks for letting me know, though.  I'll look into that.

• zero462usazero462usa Member Posts: 26

April 2005 Guild Wars was released, with a FULLY customizable UI.

September 2009 Aion was released with a SEMI customizable UI.

December 2011 SWTOR was released without ANY UI customization options

....lawl

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by zero462usa

....lawl

DUH Did you not read the OP? I said regardless of when it was released. Its released now, get over it.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by kasta

Hmmm, I didn't see that option on the UI editor.  Should I be looking in my preferences for that option instead of in the editor?  Thanks for letting me know, though.  I'll look into that.

Heya, it is in the UI Editor. If you play with how many boxes in a row and keep increasing that, it will make it horizontal versus verticle and vice versa. :-)

There Is Always Hope!

....lawl

DUH Did you not read the OP? I said regardless of when it was released. Its released now, get over it.

haha yeah I read it, and regardless of when they put it in, that shoulda been in at launch. They get +0 credit for putting something standard into a AAA title.

triple A apparently mean ASS ASS ASS cus that what Fail wars turne out to be.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

I can do this too

In 1982 the game Pitfall came out and you could jump

In September 1985 Super Marios Brothers came out and you could jump

In April 2005 GW launched without the ability to jump

In 2011 the devs said jumping was a major feature in GW2

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A guild wars fan talking shit about another game is amazing to say the least. Go ahead and change your name to Hung So Lo because you have a major pair to even go there.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

You can resize AND move the mini-map!?!?!

I LOVE living in 2004!

SWTOR will never have a UI worth shit unless they let people create add-ons.

That is to say, SWTORs UI will never be worth shit

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

Originally posted by Puremallace

I can do this too

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A guild wars fan talking shit about another game is amazing to say the least. Go ahead and change your name to Hung So Lo because you have a major pair to even go there.

oh lord it's mallace, I cannot compete with your stupidty on any level bro. To be quite clear I was a SWTOR fan...until I played the piece of shit they call a game.

PS

It is true about the jumping and I do feel the same way xD

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by Jason2444

You can resize AND move the mini-map!?!?!

I LOVE living in 2004!

SWTOR will never have a UI worth shit unless they let people create add-ons.

That is to say, SWTORs UI will never be worth shit

Thats a great idea, lets allow SWTOR to have the same customisation as WoW whereby your UI can pretty much play the game for you or WAR where the player with the better UI has a huge advantage over new players using the generic UI.

The 1.2 changes to UI are just right, no need to change it any more as everything is now customisable, every box, every window, the lot and it works really well.

Add-ons can create a balance problem the game company cannot rectify.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

The UI was done well and is a great feature. They went above and beyond with their fix on this IMO.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

WHAT?!? WOW!

This must be an awesome and stunning experience!

lol.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Puremallace

I can do this too

Oh dear. Is it hard to play with that blindfold on?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by ignore_me

The UI was done well and is a great feature. They went above and beyond with their fix on this IMO.

Still missing very important parts like:

• Moving buffs in a separate bar

• Addnig more quickslots bars

• Allowing players to hide the portraits

Originally posted by Deewe

You're always so good at picking out every nook and cranny of what is missing, even 2 years prior to release...though I agree with you that being able to add a 5th quickslot would be nice..as it would be in countless other games that have the same issue.

There Is Always Hope!

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

important....really??? being able to move stuff around is something i would have considered important. I think its come to the point that a bunch of players are just trying to find stuff to complain about whether its a valid point or in this case something very trivial.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by synn

important....really??? being able to move stuff around is something i would have considered important. I think its come to the point that a bunch of players are just trying to find stuff to complain about whether its a valid point or in this case something very trivial.

He has a point Deewe, though you have been doing this for a while so at least it is nothing new with you.  I will agree though that adding two more side bars would have been nice.  Especially with the extra powers you get from your Legacy levels.  Other than that, I have to agree with the OP that the new UI is pretty darn good.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

You're always so good at picking out every nook and cranny of what is missing, even 2 years prior to release...though I agree with you that being able to add a 5th quickslot would be nice..as it would be in countless other games that have the same issue.

;) I only pointed at the most obvious parts.

Thing is about the UI I'm not worried for TOR, they are indeed on a good track and the new UI features are very much welcomed. What I disagree with is "They went above and beyond with their fix on this".

It's a good start but nothing to be that proud of because all this should have been in game day 1, especially when you are aiming at Wow and others AAA MMO. If you remember well BioWare founders even stated in an interview that a MMO needs UI addons at launch to be competitive. Sadly the producer was unable to deliver the game with it.

BTW there's a few very much asked for features:

• Ability to group UI elements and manage/move them at once

• Add the map and chat frames in the customizable UI

• Grid to align all elements

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

so many options..especially with the way you can shape and size the action bars..each individually....and FINALLY I can put the damn map, targets, and chat where I want it..as well as my companion action bar

INNOVATIVE!!

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

....lawl

LOL

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    As this thread proves some people will never be happy.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Dewee's favorite video game of all time is Windows XP ;)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Dewee's favorite video game of all time is Windows XP ;)

How could you possibly know my secret?

P.S.: nah it's... clue check my avatar ;)