Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Research into personality and gaming

Greetings!

I am a psychologist/researcher, and my current work involves MMO games and personality. I am looking for volunteers to fill out a quick questionnaire. By doing so, you might just become a part of something that could change the way people think about the games we all love, and hopefully a great deal more! 

To be a part of my research please fill out the questionnaire on this website  [url]http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=k0fuoauwu2v1yka34594[/url]

Best Regards

Comments

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

people lie on surveys, even when they have no reason to, usually in some sad attempt to make them feel better about themselves. People are rarely honest with themselves, let alone a survey.

theres no reason why you cant do your research in real time within a mmo.

just pick 3 mmo's, create characters and ask your research questions (coded of course toward the personality traits your examining) ingame. Dont doom your study by actually telling them your actually doing one.

This world is based on shit science, because people either lie for recognition or to make money.  If you want any real data you can trust, you have to be creative and do your study with great scientific rigor from inside multiple games where you are sure that you will get reality, not someones skewed perception of reality.

Dont forget to be creative in your approach, as your approach may bias your results.

dont tell me ingame your doing a survey on personality...

good luck in your quest for the truth (AKA real science).

Rungard

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by naliin

Greetings!

I am a psychologist/researcher, and my current work involves MMO games and personality. I am looking for volunteers to fill out a quick questionnaire. By doing so, you might just become a part of something that could change the way people think about the games we all love, and hopefully a great deal more! 

To be a part of my research please fill out the questionnaire on this website  [url]http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=k0fuoauwu2v1yka34594[/url]

Best Regards

If you are really a psychologist, that survey is proof positive they will give a degree to just about anyone these days.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Greetings!

Best Regards

If you are really a psychologist, that survey is proof positive they will give a degree to just about anyone these days.

dont worry, their not.  really a psychologist that is. hope your virus protection is up to spec image

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Greetings!

Best Regards

dont worry, their not.  really a psychologist that is. hope your virus protection is up to spec image

I'll check that some other day. Right now I have to find out why I have this new "Please Wait: Transferring Passwords and Bank Records" dialog box on my screen.

:)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ruejacobsruejacobs Member UncommonPosts: 41

Originally posted by rungard

people lie on surveys, even when they have no reason to, usually in some sad attempt to make them feel better about themselves. People are rarely honest with themselves, let alone a survey.

*Deliberately lies on surveys in order to skew the results.*

*Not really.*

*One of these statements is a lie. But which one is it?*

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by ruejacobs

Originally posted by rungard

*Deliberately lies on surveys in order to skew the results.*

*Not really.*

*One of these statements is a lie. But which one is it?*

Well going by all the things you put around your post...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin