Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GW2 chat window...

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So just watch this video or any video in general. http://www.gameinformer.com/games/guild_wars_2/b/pc/archive/2012/04/13/guild-wars-2-video-preview.aspx

Look how big the chat window is, well not big in itself but it does not go invisible when you are not using it. If it will be like this when the game goes live ill be really dissapointed and annoyed. They talk high and mighty about how they want players to look at whats going on and not at the UI. But they dont even have a transparent chat window? WTF. Yes i preordered love the game, but this will reallly annoy me while playing the game if they keep it like this.... 

Comments

• GWFandaddyGWFandaddy Member Posts: 180

I could be wrong, but, I think it's still in beta.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Originally posted by andre369

So just watch this video or any video in general. http://www.gameinformer.com/games/guild_wars_2/b/pc/archive/2012/04/13/guild-wars-2-video-preview.aspx

Look how big the chat window is, well not big in itself but it does not go invisible when you are not using it. If it will be like this when the game goes live ill be really dissapointed and annoyed. They talk high and mighty about how they want players to look at whats going on and not at the UI. But they dont even have a transparent chat window? WTF. Yes i preordered love the game, but this will reallly annoy me while playing the game if they keep it like this.... 

Probably can set it any way you want, live most other games!

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

1st. they were playing at low resolution. Everything was very big. or they put ui size to big in settings.

2nd. You could hide chat in GW1 so I seen no reason why it won;t be in GW2.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I personally can't stand transparent chat windows but, like a previous poster stated, it's one video from a guy that likes big chat windows.  Are we really basing it on one persons likes?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Watch this video.

I wish people would do a bit more research before jumping on the "OMG WTF SUX!" train.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about constructive criticism but this is just silly.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I have yet to see an MMO that doesn't have a customizable chat window. I am sure you'll be able to set it to your liking

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by heartless

Watch this video.

I wish people would do a bit more research before jumping on the "OMG WTF SUX!" train.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about constructive criticism but this is just silly.

Sadly a lot of people just cant help it. Some of them are just young while others are just slow at learning any kind of restraint or forethought. I know someone who is in his 40's and he is incapable of learning. He is like a 10 year old, constantly doing stupid things and posting everything on facebook, endlessly making a total idiot of himself. It's quite depressing really but ah well what can you do except hold out hope that people will grow out of it?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

even if there was not an invisible option you can see on the video that the top right corner of the chat box has the little triangle to resize the box. I also dislike big chat boxes but as long as i can make it smaller i dont mind having them onscreen all the time. But yeah, as someone else said, GW1 had invisible chat box when inactive so i dont see why they would remove that from GW2

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

I hope that when we talk a bubble chat windows can appear on main screen not only in the chat on our left :P