Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major patch 1.2 bugs prompt unscheduled server maintenance

Comments

• Sith2112Sith2112 Member UncommonPosts: 43

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted by Sith2112

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Same thing happened to EQ1 when it was young.. That downtime was over 24 hours and some folks cried game over then. 

So what? A good game can survive it, a bad game can't. EQ came through it because it was quality gameplay, ToR won't.

Can't argue with stupidity... 

You don't like it so it's bad for all... 

The amount of players in fleet on a dialy basis out numbers the amout of actually negative posters on thier forums - (small group multi posting and complaining about the game) so your comment that the game is lacking quality is mute. 

People can cry all they want and cry Unsub Unsub and yada yada yada.. The fact is, most whiners are still there playing. 

Players can post unless they are paying. If they are paying just to post negative stuff?? Then they are bigger morons than I thought.. 

What's your fix for this problem of negative posting?

I can't fix the problem... I have to wait..

The negativity is to point out that saying stupid things about something (like a game) isn't going to make it reality.. 

Anyhow, if people have a right to post something in here? I have the same right to disagree.. 

Based on what I have been seeing in here in most game forums.. My post is very mild....

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Imagine that the Titanic had not only struck an iceberg, but was torpedoed, napalmed, riddled by 40mm ammunition and nuked.

The horror.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Same thing happened to EQ1 when it was young.. That downtime was over 24 hours and some folks cried game over then. 

So what? A good game can survive it, a bad game can't. EQ came through it because it was quality gameplay, ToR won't.

The amount of players in fleet on a dialy basis out numbers the amout of actually negative posters on thier forums - (small group multi posting and complaining about the game) so your comment that the game is lacking quality is mute. 

People can cry all they want and cry Unsub Unsub and yada yada yada.. The fact is, most whiners are still there playing. 

Players can post unless they are paying. If they are paying just to post negative stuff?? Then they are bigger morons than I thought.. 

The negativity is to point out that saying stupid things about something (like a game) isn't going to make it reality.. 

Anyhow, if people have a right to post something in here? I have the same right to disagree.. 

Based on what I have been seeing in here in most game forums.. My post is very mild....

I love people like Sith2112

People like him are the true noble defenders of their favorite MMOs. They're the ones who will be their when the ship sinks, keeping the last 10 servers alive.

I /salute you, sir

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts

• Sith2112Sith2112 Member UncommonPosts: 43

Originally posted by Jason2444

I love people like Sith2112

People like him are the true noble defenders of their favorite MMOs. They're the ones who will be their when the ship sinks, keeping the last 10 servers alive.

I /salute you, sir

Why thank you.. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Its clearly a mistake, it rolled back practically everything (content, areas in the game, etc). The dev's posted in the dev blog the servers are going down again and they'll fix it.

Ruh Roh... I think my char. was still in the Black Hole when I logged last night.  He's probably in a REAL black hole, now!  image

• orgashorgash Member Posts: 67

will this win Patch of the Year 2012 to go along with how the game won Game of the Year 2011? (according to some large gamesites)

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I also recall some heavy down time when Blizzard implemented WoW patch 3.0 to prepare of WotLK

I lost count of all the free game time i've gotten from Bliz for WoW downtime over the years.  

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Imagine that the Titanic had not only struck an iceberg, but was torpedoed, napalmed, riddled by 40mm ammunition and nuked.

The horror.

Or....

you could have just put it under EA/BW management

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Friday the 13th. 

Appropriate.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Valentina

1.2 Did NOT cause this issue, it was whatever happend in the maintenance patch last night. 1.2 launched flawlessly.

I am not sure I would call needing a maint patch the next day a flawless update launch. Flawless would be more like, oh say, releasing the 3.0 expansion on the 11th and not having any down time since, like Aion just did.  Seriously? Getting upstaged by Aion? Now that's embarrassing.

All die, so die well.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by nyxium

Friday the 13th. 

Appropriate.

Hehe. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Originally posted by nyxium

Friday the 13th. 

Appropriate.

I can already see the devs, deployment people, server admins and management around the table today yelling at each other:

FFS guys! Who made the terrible decision to roll out this patch on Friday the 13th! Didn't we warn you for this!

So anyway, what's going on right now. Is 1.2 fully operational or not? I'm currently patching the game.

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

Weather you like thie games or not, Trion, as a company, has earned the respect of even it's strongest critics. EA/BW...........not so much.

That is kinda funny considering all the problems Trion has had with Rift.

I will just mention one that overides ALL other considerations:

TRION HAD ZERO ACCOUNT SECURITY.  Hackers could steal your account just by you being in game. In addition, the had customer information stolen this past year.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by Fed1

Weather you like thie games or not, Trion, as a company, has earned the respect of even it's strongest critics. EA/BW...........not so much.

TRION HAD ZERO ACCOUNT SECURITY.  Hackers could steal your account just by you being in game. In addition, the had customer information stolen this past year.

Wait for it.....here come the haters to denounce your post!

Some people will go to any length to bash TOR.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by grimal

Wait for it.....here come the haters to denounce your post!

Some people will go to any length to bash TOR.

To be honest you don't need to travel that far
  • FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

Servers are up way ahead of then they've said, they gave a day of compenstion though the majority of the people that play the game are at work and uneffected AND

That's on top of the already 30 free days plus free pet they wer giving active sub's...

DAMN they're an EVIL company that doesn't care.

When was the last time Blizz (or most others) did something like that for one of their mistakes or for loyal customers... eh yea

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

the company obviously cares about their f'ing game.

they have to, its what generates their salaries. 

they don't WANT SW:TOR to become a failure, even if a bunch of nerds on this website do.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by Fluxii

Servers are up way ahead of then they've said, they gave a day of compenstion though the majority of the people that play the game are at work and uneffected AND

That's on top of the already 30 free days plus free pet they wer giving active sub's...

DAMN they're an EVIL company that doesn't care.

When was the last time Blizz (or most others) did something like that for one of their mistakes or for loyal customers... eh yea

Blizz doesn't apologize when it makes mistakes. It doesn't have to. It's a successful game that hasn't lost subscribers like a gangster spouting blood in a Godfather film.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

the company obviously cares about their f'ing game.

they have to, its what generates their salaries. 

they don't WANT SW:TOR to become a failure, even if a bunch of nerds on this website do.

If the company cared about the game, they wouldn't have made such a bad one.

Originally posted by fundayz

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Its clearly a mistake, it rolled back practically everything (content, areas in the game, etc). The dev's posted in the dev blog the servers are going down again and they'll fix it.

Even if that is the case, the incompetence is astounding.

First they make it clear to their playerbase how little they actually care about them (but oh how they love their wallets) and then they can't even implement a content patch without breaking the game?

gg BioWare, gg

It does show how extraodinarily inexperienced the devs at Bioware are when it comes to the creation and now maintenance of an MMO.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

The developers should get ,"Dark and Light" points for their decisions regarding the game. I bet the control room there at Bioware looked like their Bridge was being boarded by the Empire when that patch bombed. Red lights flashing...voice on Emergency Channel..."Patch Crash Imminent!! Seal all air locks!..."

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

SoE had Playstation accounts hacked, So did Blizzard, iTunes had customer info stolen, RSA,There is irony for you. They make SecurID, the same technology used in keyfob authenticators.They were hacked.  WordPress, Zappos, My Gmail account got broken into from China once. So did many major financial institutions. Hate to say it, there is no saftey online. you can take precautions, but nothing is 100%. So why do you single out Trion among the dozens of online services?

Could it be you have soemthing against their game?

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by mrshroom89

Still a new game things like this happen or is this ur guys first mmo?

I've played just about every MMO out there and the utter incompetence that the [mod edit] team is showing is staggering. It's not just this time - it's EVERY freaking time they touch the damn game.

If the game was incredible and fun you could almost forgive this kind of crap but it's not and you can't.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

SoE had Playstation accounts hacked, So did Blizzard, iTunes had customer info stolen, RSA,There is irony for you. They make SecurID, the same technology used in keyfob authenticators.They were hacked.  WordPress, Zappos, My Gmail account got broken into from China once. So did many major financial institutions. Hate to say it, there is no saftey online. you can take precautions, but nothing is 100%. So why do you single out Trion among the dozens of online services?

The difference is btw Trion and the companies you mentioned is:

TRION HAD ZERO ACCOUNT SECURITY. Hackers could steal your account just by you being in game.

The difference is btw Trion and the companies you mentioned is:

TRION HAD ZERO ACCOUNT SECURITY. Hackers could steal your account just by you being in game.

How is it now?