Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a MMO please - or even to stop playing MMO

nebullaenebullae Member Posts: 15

Hello guys, first of all ty for all info in this forum.. its the best :)

So here is my doubt. I started playing Lineage II, first MMO. Than moved to Aion, than WOW, and now Rift.

I stopped playing all this games and moved to another because: The way to get to PVE or PVP gear is too way long (and they are always beeing increased). There's nothing left to do soloing... just stupid things.

So my question is, is there an MMO that doesn't has this problems (in my opinion of course), like, that I can really have a PVP where the best (in technics not only gear) can really win?

Ty for answering btw!

Comments

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Try GW2 when it comes out, sounds like it's what you're looking for.  No gear grinds, it is more about skill builds and ability to play the game.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Hu. I never played it, but I've been told you can get to maxlevel in WoW in under a week, and then its raiding. Basically, with the right guild, you can be maxed in, I dunno, 1-2 months ?

In my understanding, Guild Wars allows you to instantly create a character that is maxed for PvP. Its also pretty cheap now, I got the full package of all 3 games and the expansion for only 50 €.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

Originally posted by nebullae

So here is my doubt. I started playing Lineage II, first MMO. Than moved to Aion, than WOW, and now Rift.

I stopped playing all this games and moved to another because: The way to get to PVE or PVP gear is too way long (and they are always beeing increased). There's nothing left to do soloing... just stupid things.

So my question is, is there an MMO that doesn't has this problems (in my opinion of course), like, that I can really have a PVP where the best (in technics not only gear) can really win?

Ty for answering btw!

I would not say tsw would be good for you in this fact as alot of the game is spent questng, and increasing your horizontal progression (ie gaining gear, stats, builds, and powers to do increasingly different roles int he game.). Though you can spend it seems alot of time exploring the world for lore, questing, as well as doing other content such as dungeons/raids or pvp warzones. Though what is said is that even a starting player with a build would have a chance of winning in most forms of content, getting to increase your chances is still going to be a long grind, and the game seemes to be going for more of a group pvp style over more solo pvp style. Now to me you would most likely love games like Guild waars 1 and also most likely enjoy guild wars 2, as they are relatively fast paced in progression from going from start to finish even compared to other modern mmos. Though with the side kick system you will most likely not see the large problem of vacant leveling areas as you do in other games as well in gw2.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by Adamantine

Hu. I never played it, but I've been told you can get to maxlevel in WoW in under a week, and then its raiding. Basically, with the right guild, you can be maxed in, I dunno, 1-2 months ?

In my understanding, Guild Wars allows you to instantly create a character that is maxed for PvP. Its also pretty cheap now, I got the full package of all 3 games and the expansion for only 50 €.

Forgot about the first Guild Wars.  Good call.

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208

Ty for answering btw!

EvE online is strategy > equipment. But skills count and you have to trin them sometimes very long time. But every single player is good help, in every ship, in every moment, your own "skill" is what is most important here.

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• nebullaenebullae Member Posts: 15

Ok guys, lots of info here.. cool!

Guild Wars 2 seems to be very interesting, because of not having to spend hours grinding or even raiding.

Question, anyone here plays Rift? I feel the PVP evolution is too boring and slow. Am I right or just being stupid thinking like that?

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

Actually atm in WoW the time you need spend for endgame gear is a joke. It takes really no effort to have nice gear. You may consider to go back.

You can also try World of Tanks, theres no so much grinding there (althought it take time to have best tanks). If you willing to pay it will take even less time.

GW 2 is also a choice since the grinding wouldn't be so important there.

You can also try some Pay2Win games since they don't require any grinding just some money to buy items/resoures i.e. Combat Arms or other Korean/Asian games

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• nebullaenebullae Member Posts: 15

Ok friends, so GW 2 would be the best answer.. specially cause its a new game, it would has super graphics!

But anyone knows when it will be fully released?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Ok friends, so GW 2 would be the best answer.. specially cause its a new game, it would has super graphics!

Forgive me for saying this... "When it's ready."  Meaning they're not going to release until they feel it's ready. However, if  you prepurchase the game now (it's available) you can get into all the beta events, starting with one later this month. It's really, really close to being ready however, so I don't expect more than a few more months.

If you think you're tired of other MMOs now, wait until you try this one.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Volkon

Forgive me for saying this... "When it's ready."  Meaning they're not going to release until they feel it's ready. However, if  you prepurchase the game now (it's available) you can get into all the beta events, starting with one later this month. It's really, really close to being ready however, so I don't expect more than a few more months.

If you think you're tired of other MMOs now, wait until you try this one.

I couldn't say it better.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Look for a game that boasts a player driven economy and doesn't have BoE or BoP when it comes to gear.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Adamantine

You are told wrong. I believe the fastest record of max leveling is 4-5 days played. For a normal player like you, it will be more like 7-8 days played. That is like 168 hours. So if you want to do it a week, you have to do it 24/7 with no sleep.

If you play roughly 20 hours a week, it will take you 2-3 months.

And you do NOT get to raid right away at max level. You have to gear up to raid able gear first. That means something like a week of dungeon/rep grinding.

Since you can only do a raid once a week, you will have to be very lucky to get all the drops you need in 1-2 months (8 raids). Even if your guild let u take everything you need, the loot has to drop and you have like 16-17 slots to fill.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

Rather than waiting for Guild Wars 2, you could just go play Guild Wars 1 now.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

All this hype everyone is saying GW2...not that i want it to fail cause im probably gonna buy it when it actually comes out, but it will suck when everyone's expectations that are shooting for the stars crash down back to earth. as for graphics they arent even that great, its more so the gameplay. i havent tried it first hand yet i just got a beta key from this site...but continent of the ninth has been on my mind for half a year now and it looks beastly. would be worth checking it out by the looks of it tho.

• StyleGamingStyleGaming Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Odinthedark1

All this hype everyone is saying GW2...not that i want it to fail cause im probably gonna buy it when it actually comes out, but it will suck when everyone's expectations that are shooting for the stars crash down back to earth. as for graphics they arent even that great, its more so the gameplay. i havent tried it first hand yet i just got a beta key from this site...but continent of the ninth has been on my mind for half a year now and it looks beastly. would be worth checking it out by the looks of it tho.

Happens every time.. A lot of MMOs promise the gamers "This is the game that will change them all" but they always fall WAY short of what they say.  Prime example- SW:TOR.

I personally will be playing TERA and maybe check out GW2.

- http://www.youtube.com/user/myfreestylegaming

AC>EQ>War>EVE>AoC>Aion>SWTOR>FireFall>Tera/GW2

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

I personally stopped playing. played rift from release for about 6 months then tried ToR for just a month. now gamless awaiting ArcheAge

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

If you do try GW1, though, be aware of one thing (and this is coming from someone that is playing it and enjoying it a LOT).

As it stands right now, GW1 is esentially a solo game when it comes to PvE, at least until very late into the game. You can find groups to play if you look for them, specially if you join an active guild, but for most of the game it'll be faster (and probably even easier) for you just to fill your party with henchmen or heroes and solo it. It'll also be very different from the WoW/Rift style of MMOs. That said, it's a really excellent game and the story is amazing, and there's a LOT to do, and since you mentioned interest in GW2, you get to experience some of the lore (specially in the prophecies and eye of the north campaigns) and earn some extra stuff from the hall of monuments.

In PvP is also a blast, and the one of the MMOs with the lowest barrier of entry these days, since you can create a pre-leveled char for PvP, though you still have to unlock your skills unless you buy the skill packs, but much faster and easier than unlocking them trough PvE.

In general I'd recommend it a LOT, specially for the story and the fun gameplay, but be aware that you'll mostly solo and that it's very different from the WoW/Rift style. For example, space makes you walk over to attack an enemy or talk to a friend, I'm used to jump a lot in MMOs, so I kept wondering why my character kept walking in other directions suddenly. There's a trial available, and it's a relatively small download compared to more current MMOs.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Ty for answering btw!

Hi mate,I understand your feelings, I started playing mmo even earlyer than you my first mmo was Asherons Call.

I have played many games and every time I build up hopes for next game I get disapointet, games get worse,those get focused to limitet group of players.Sometimes those games have fun gamplay vile you are reaching level cap but then it is game over.Well things were more fun in the past.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

In all honesty when you said "Or even to stop playing mmo's" i wouldnt say you should stop but as it standsthe mmorpg genre is bleak. The closed beta's for TERA were fun but i kinda get the feeling...that even tho there was a lack of endgame content in korea and theyve had time to learn...that endgame will still be a bit lacking...the MMORPG genre is just becoming bleak lately...i cant even bring myself to do it but the best thing to do would be to save ur money...wait a decade, then buy a really badass 10 year future computer with those savings and hopefully by then some good games will have been released...

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262
    Try TOR, if you need a 7 day trial, lemme know!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I just started Vanguard again. It's sparsley populated and I hope to get a good foothold started when f2p kicks in. There is a 14 day trial.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.