Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.2 implemented flawlessly

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by ShaunJ1380

Still no acceptable group finding tool. Still don't care. I'll play when I don't have to spam LFG ever again.

I agree, I think the lack of a LFG tool is a real weak spot in the game IMO.

Sigh, I thought they were adding a new lfd tool with this patch.  Did it get pulled like the ranked pvp or was it just my imagination projecting my wishful thinking?

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by Bardus

Implemented flawlessly? Servers just went down a 2nd time to fix patch the fix patch to fix the patch.

It is Friday the 13th so maybe Eddie is running the patches and everyone else is...well hacked up.

You mean Freddy not Eddie.. Friday the 13th is Jason Vorhees also not Freddy Kruger..

Not important, doesn't change the stentch of failure on this game right now..

He meant Eddie Van Halen. I'm sure a couple of decent 80s rock bands could sort this game out.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Implemented flawlessly? Servers just went down a 2nd time to fix patch the fix patch to fix the patch.

It is Friday the 13th so maybe Eddie is running the patches and everyone else is...well hacked up.

You mean Freddy not Eddie.. Friday the 13th is Jason Vorhees also not Freddy Kruger..

He meant Eddie Van Halen. I'm sure a couple of decent 80s rock bands could sort this game out.

I think he meant Eddie Munster.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

This thread is hilarious and embarrassing.

Hopefully it gets fixed by the end of tonight. And honestly, these things do happen sometimes to all MMORPGs. Hopefully extremely rarely, but they do happen.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Boatsmate

Funny at first I thought Eddie Winslow..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Maybe 1 of these guys is doing the patching

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Maybe 1 of these guys is doing the patching

Boy one little screw up and I'm branded for life image. Maybe I do deserve it.

Back on topic sorta...

What are the bugs that came with the patch? What I've seen so far are....

Companions going bald?

Companions sounding like their talking through a walkie talkie?

Some jet engine on the loose in fleet?

Guild banks going poof?

Think I've heard more but can't remember.

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

I'm not sure why people are getting jumped on by disagreeing with the OP.  It has become readily apparent that the OP was just a tiny bit off in his assessment of how well the patch went in.

Guild banks disappeared with all people's stuff.  Characters are bald.  Just go look at the official forums.

And to top it off they gave the players with a 50 character 30 days free time.  You think EA just gave away money for no reason or do you think they're trying to make up for something, like a LESS than flawless double patch day?

It's annoying that some people just hate this game and feel the need to post about it, but it's even more annoying when someone tells an abvious falsehood just to start a troll thread and then the people who answer the lie are accused of being haters.  They aren't haters, they're just calling out an obvious lie.

We won't really know how much they rolled back until the servers come back up, but absolutely nothing about this patch has been flawless. 

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Guild banks going poof?

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by Darklighter1

Originally posted by wrightstuf

@ OP

Unfortunately, the bioware/swtor haters here are on their mindset no matter what. It make no difference at all what you post, if its positive at all they will slime it.

You'll just wind up frustrated if you have anything good to say, so best off staying away and play the game if you enjoy it.

I for one could never understand how i could finish a session in an mmo, having a great time, then come to these forums and read posts about how bad the game was. I guess thats why they've coined the phrase..."haters gonna hate"

Great point.  And to everyone mentioning the maintenence for today...by flawlessly I was referring to the fact that it went a lot smoothly than previous patches from previous games I had encountered.  I was trying to point out that Bioware did a good job with such a large patch (not great...I'll call it good) plus it was their first one!  Yes the following patch is annoying, but it's one day later.....they didn't waste any time working on fixes for the bugs that ensued. 

I apologize for trying to be hopeful on the future of a game I enjoy playing.

When you say "flawless", you had to see it coming...

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Oh, I was certain he meant Eddie Edwards.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

On a serious note, BioWare should've adopted Trion's approach to patching. If I can recall anything good about Trion, it's their QA and their smooth patching. Rift doesn't have long and annoying scheduled maintenances every week and even major patches don't result in too much downtime. Minor hotfixes are released every couple of days and usually servers come back in 10-15 min.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• NymandusNymandus Member UncommonPosts: 26

Thought it was sarcasm at first, until I read the OP and found he was serious...LMAO.

This thread is awesome.

• Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by HeavyTraffic

It's annoying that some people just hate this game and feel the need to post about it, but it's even more annoying when someone tells an abvious falsehood just to start a troll thread and then the people who answer the lie are accused of being haters.  They aren't haters, they're just calling out an obvious lie.

I wasn't trying to start a troll thread at all. At the end I made it, the patch had just been added, and the servers were back up early. I logged in and had no issues.....and I saw a lot of people in Dromund Kaas checking out the legacy gear. People in general chat were excited and all seemed to be well. I then came and made this post in the hopes to be a POSITIVE voice in a sea of daily hatred.

I admit now that I was wrong. It's WoW 2004 all over again. But I still won't jump on the bandwagon.

I still have hope for SWTOR's future....for now.

Originally posted by Nymandus

Thought it was sarcasm at first, until I read the OP and found he was serious...LMAO.

This thread is awesome.

Look at the date and time this post was made.  If I made it an hour ago, I could see your reaction as valid.

• NymandusNymandus Member UncommonPosts: 26

This thread is awesome.

Look at the date and time this post was made.  If I made it an hour ago, I could see your reaction as valid.

Your absolutely correct Darklighter1, and I definitely applaud your maturity on the thread. That being said, it is still funny. 

I'm just hopin' they don't bork the game too much and have to rollback everything to before the patch came live. But I have to admit the devs saying that data is 'missing' is pretty 'fail'.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

So flawless it was rolled back. image

Come on BW, get your act together...

This thread is awesome.

Your absolutely correct Darklighter1, and I definitely applaud your maturity on the thread. That being said, it is still funny. 

I'm just hopin' they don't bork the game too much and have to rollback everything to before the patch came live. But I have to admit the devs saying that data is 'missing' is pretty 'fail'.

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed in how things have been handled since yesterday.  I think they made 1.2 too big for them to handle.  They should have made this stuff a bunch of separate patches instead of holding everything over for this one patch.

You might not like what's in it, but with what they added (a lot), the patch was added perfectly.  WoW couldn't add anything without crashing all the servers for hours/days when the game was this new.  Kudos to Bioware....they seem to actually CARE about making this game better!

Wow was never down for 2 days straight.  I'm certain EA is happy to have you as a customer.

"During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.
    "

I just hope they can recover all the lost data.  I would normally assume these files were backed up, but after recent events I'm a little worried.

You might not like what's in it, but with what they added (a lot), the patch was added perfectly.  WoW couldn't add anything without crashing all the servers for hours/days when the game was this new.  Kudos to Bioware....they seem to actually CARE about making this game better!

Wow was never down for 2 days straight.  I'm certain EA is happy to have you as a customer.

"During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.
    "

I just hope they can recover all the lost data.  I would normally assume these files were backed up, but after recent events I'm a little worried.

Yes it most certainly was in the early years.

"

Yes it most certainly was in the early years.

I played since launch.  Wow was never down for 2 days.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

I am sorry but >> "LOL LOL" <<

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Flawlessly, you say? 

To be fair, I don't think the OP meant flawless as in a flawless diamond.

It's more like when you and your drag queen friend get ready to hit the bars and your drag queen friend asks, "how do I look?" and you lie and say "FLAWLESS"

THAT kind of flawless.