Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great exploration video

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by BadSpock

This might be a game where I never wiki anything.

That, right there, is a big win to me.

Precisely..

I am going to take it step by step, and enjoy everyone of them, its time we're going to walk our own road again.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

There is so much going on in this world all around you that you cant begin to take it all in from watching a video, the things you will wonder into (or should i say get yourself into) while just freely adventuring seem to never end..

I cant wait to play again and i cant wait to see thousands and thousands of gamers get to taste it for the first time but keep in mind one weekend blows by so fast it damages your brain and leaves you wanting and needing more of it..

Playing GW2..

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

look at all those loading screens...not open/ seamless world etc etc.

/sarcasm. 

Can't wait to explore.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I know it's a good sign when watcing the video that I really wish I could take control of the camera and just pan around and gaze at the environments.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Oh, Beetlelun. That brings back memories....

.....*logs into GW1*

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

wow that video is awesome....love the music and ambient sounds and the game looks gorgeous!!! cant wait to get out and just run around....  image

Originally posted by dageeza

There is so much going on in this world all around you that you cant begin to take it all in from watching a video, the things you will wonder into (or should i say get yourself into) while just freely adventuring seem to never end..

I cant wait to play again and i cant wait to see thousands and thousands of gamers get to taste it for the first time but keep in mind one weekend blows by so fast it damages your brain and leaves you wanting and needing more of it..

This is the reaction from every average beta player so far...

I have seen some criticisme on the game from people that played, but never have i seen or heard anyone that was dissapointed about what he experienced. Its not going to be perfect, but its going to be a great experience for almost everyone.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

When you watch their other video about how changing the world is, and not easy going it alone early on. Overall the world is changing and fighting with or without you. That alone will make just exploring so much much more interesting.

http://youtu.be/7jmTJj-NX4g

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I know it's a good sign when watcing the video that I really wish I could take control of the camera and just pan around and gaze at the environments.

Teh, yeah I had the same feeling watching it. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Thank you for sharing this. 

What this guy was doing in the video is what MMOs have been lacking since WoW stopped doing it 5 years ago. 

Lurking..CREEPING..remember that term?  Haha!  Great stuff. 

And it also gave us an idea as to teh size of the zone. I also love that he can wonder OFF the road, and not run into mobs everywhere he went (ahem SWTOR) and not run into a wall, invisi wall, or cliff (ahem swtor).

Good job arena net.  Jeesus release the game already!

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Also,

Did anyone notice that the high grass and tall flowers actually MOVED in the player's wake?  When he walked throw high grass or flowers, they moved as if he actually ran through them.  No other MMO does that, not that I know of.  Or is it my now-aging Nvidia GTX 460.

Pure win.

That woman, forgot her name, that is the lead for world and graphic design or whatever deseres a friggin promotion.

Originally posted by cesmode8

Also,

Did anyone notice that the high grass and tall flowers actually MOVED in the player's wake?  When he walked throw high grass or flowers, they moved as if he actually ran through them.  No other MMO does that, not that I know of.  Or is it my now-aging Nvidia GTX 460.

Pure win.

That woman, forgot her name, that is the lead for world and graphic design or whatever deseres a friggin promotion.

Most newer MMo's do so, even EQ2 did as it was released at the same time as WoW.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by cesmode8

Also,

Pure win.

Well Age of Conan does it. besides that I don't know about any other =P

Did we just make 40 reactions without any negative comments?

Everyone must be really in awe about this video.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

ZOMG this video suxxors the game looks like 8 bit Nintendo and the music isn't techno so it fails.

Also, the zones aren't 97 million square miles of nothing but flat terrain and cheap foilage.

;) sorry I just had to

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

ZOMG this video suxxors the game looks like 8 bit Nintendo and the music isn't techno so it fails.

Also, the zones aren't 97 million square miles of nothing but flat terrain and cheap foilage.

;) sorry I just had to

But you don't count !!

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

It reminded me of the fun I used to have exploring in Gothic I years ago...

Could this be it? The one we've been waiting for so long? I really hope so.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

I like how the water wheel attack thingie, from 13:00 onwards, just kept rolling to no end in the distance.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

This video just made me more sure that the pre-purchase was the right decision. What's interesting is that the video kind of reminded me of how I play Skyrim. I just run around and get into trouble, the music has the same feeling (same composer of course), but just how far...and how little he covered excites me.

This is a game I could get completely lost in, and love it. Even better is that you effectively cannot out level a zone, so you will be able to explore everything and still have it pose a challenge at times.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I will be the first to reach max level by only picking cabbage, mark my words.

C

Originally posted by Kaneth

This video just made me more sure that the pre-purchase was the right decision. What's interesting is that the video kind of reminded me of how I play Skyrim. I just run around and get into trouble, the music has the same feeling (same composer of course), but just how far...and how little he covered excites me.

This is a game I could get completely lost in, and love it. Even better is that you effectively cannot out level a zone, so you will be able to explore everything and still have it pose a challenge at times.

Agreed.

I feel the exact same way.

The last paragraph you wrote is really the kicker for me.

Don't feel like rolling a Char alt or something? Doesn't matter, go back and explore their zones later on and still have the content be fun and interesting.

I will probably play every profession in beta for just long enough to figure out what profession I want to play at release, and then force myself to stop (or only do PvP/WvW) in order to not spoil any of the great exploration/adventure.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Nice video, good strolling around that the creator did image. Some impressions:

- great atmospheric graphics, nice continuation of the GW graphics which imo were the best at its time

- can't be sure, but I think I saw how a zone is bordered, by portal or in the case of water, that you can't swim any further due to invisible wall

- all in all, nice vibe with the background sound and the immersive graphics

That zone was fracking huge, if it was a single zone.  If there are 25 PvE adventure zones as huge as this, oh my we're in for some surprise.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it was from 1 zone. In the beginning it showed Beetletun footage which is in the Queensdale area. The areas later on showed vistas and map footage that aren't part of the Queensdale area, if you compare the Queensdale zone map with the footage later on in that video. It's at least 2 zones. From what I saw, the Queensdale area looks to be the size of a WoW zone (but with more detailed design to it)

Originally posted by Dookz

I like how the water wheel attack thingie, from 13:00 onwards, just kept rolling to no end in the distance.

Heh yeah, I noticed that too, looked pretty funny and amazing.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

for some reason, watching this conjured up alot of images from when i explored the 3 PVE realms of DAOC fairly thoroughly.  i guess cuz it was the first really immersive fantasy 3d virtual world.

EQ had its moments, but had alot of immersion breaking things about it, and a generally low quality architectural/terrain design in many areas.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Loved it, it really did make me want to take control and explore more. Loved how the mobs could aggro each other, something we can perhaps use to our advantage :) That lake looked enormous yet we only saw a tiny fraction of what's under that beautiful glimmering surface. Load screens over in a blink of an eye, great to see, he was able to get back in to the action so quickly. I really liked the smoke effects when he ran through that area with the imp. It looks as beautiful as I hoped it would, now when is that closed beta!

• MustBeBadMustBeBad Member Posts: 74

Do fishing is in the game?

I already could sense a lot of hot spots for fishing..with beautiful landscapes