Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA to be the sleeper hit of 2012......

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by LESTATx75

Instead of arguing why GW2 will be the best and why Tera will fail, shouldn't we really be rejoicing? The more MMOs that are released, the more CHOICES we have as MMO players. Some people are sure to enjoy what Tera has to offer, and others will enjoy GW2, SWTOR, WoW, The Secret World etc. I don't understand the constant bickering about which game is better than which. Technically, no game is really better than the other as it all comes down to personal preference.

good post

2012 is looking to be a good year for mmo choices

• BigBadWolfeBigBadWolfe Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by BigBadWolfe

On topic, Tera will fail or succeed based solely on if En Masse plans to market their game or not. As much as forum trolls swear their uninformed opinions matter, they don't.

Rift has had an enormous marketing push, is more of a broad appeal game, and has closed over 2/3rds of their servers after one year.  Marketing only works if the game is something people will want to pay, and based on the list I gave above  think the appeal is very limited.  TERA wont fail, but it wont be over 200k subs by this time next year.

The difference between Rift and Tera is that Rift is a WoW clone and Tera is not. Having played Rift to 50 and Tera to 58 I can easily say that Tera is a superior game in ever way. If Rift can succeed in this market I don't see why Tera cannot. If its true that players get to keep their open beta characters at launch that will be a stroke of genius for En Masse. Because even though people bash Tera left and right the truth is that anybody that has invested more than a few hours discovered that this game is good.

Keeping your OB characters at launch will allow a lot of people that are afraid to try this game the opportunity do so without risk and will end up subbing when they see that Tera's year of polish in action.
  • MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Gave it a shot, and it indeed was a major sleeper.

I hear Nembutal takes Tera to fall asleep.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by NBlitz

Any other TERA fans getting sick of following the TERA forums? It's the same folks, same crap but different day.

I CANNOT WAIT until the lot of you disappear into GW2 and forget about this niche title. Niche title but loved by its fan base.

I've gone from title to title and discussed the one I left during that time but never to the extent some of you have and still are. 

You're kidding yourself if you think you're discussing anything. What you're doing is trying to put down others for their preferences. To make yourself feel better because you're a wretch.

There's nothing niche about it.

If anything, it's pretty mainstream.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by BadSpock

Even if TERA turns out to be an amazing game play experience, it will not be a "sleeper hit" due simply to the fact that the IP will turn many people off and it isn't from a well known western publisher.

Sad but true.

What about the IP will turn many people off?

Rift isnt from a well known publisher and it has done quite well in the past year.

Hopefully, your subsequent posts are a little less sad and a little more truth.

Really don't want to get into the whole... Elin whatever debate all over again.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

yes all these boring grind and quests "go kill 10 mobs that stand near quest giver" made me fall asleep

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Any other TERA fans getting sick of following the TERA forums? It's the same folks, same crap but different day.

I CANNOT WAIT until the lot of you disappear into GW2 and forget about this niche title. Niche title but loved by its fan base.

I've gone from title to title and discussed the one I left during that time but never to the extent some of you have and still are. 

You're kidding yourself if you think you're discussing anything. What you're doing is trying to put down others for their preferences. To make yourself feel better because you're a wretch.

You cannot play TERA by mouse-clicking your skills. What kind of effect do you think that will have on the regular MMO gamer?

• MusikMusik Member Posts: 22

If people don't like it and they have expressed their opinion why keep doing it over and over again. That is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!)

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

My opinion.

I like Tera and overall think it is a decent, solid game. It could have been a " sleeper hit of 2011". In 2012 it will be lost in a sea of other releases.

Hopefully for the people that are going to play it will end up with a decent population of fans who play long term.

If they would have went with a different payment model. Say $9.99 a month, cheaper box price, ect they may could capture a larger audience. They are charging full AAA price at a time when other AAA titles are on the horizon in a few weeks/months.

If they would have released in 2011 charging full price may have gone better. This is just my opinion and may be wrong. But with all the other releases coming I just cant see Tera drawing in huge numbers. Niche game probably, nothing wrong with that, just dont expect huge sub numbers in 2012.

Originally posted by jdnewell

My opinion.

I like Tera and overall think it is a decent, solid game. It could have been a " sleeper hit of 2011". In 2012 it will be lost in a sea of other releases.

Hopefully for the people that are going to play it will end up with a decent population of fans who play long term.

If they would have went with a different payment model. Say $9.99 a month, cheaper box price, ect they may could capture a larger audience. They are charging full AAA price at a time when other AAA titles are on the horizon in a few weeks/months.

If they would have released in 2011 charging full price may have gone better. This is just my opinion and may be wrong. But with all the other releases coming I just cant see Tera drawing in huge numbers. Niche game probably, nothing wrong with that, just dont expect huge sub numbers in 2012.

I think you're spot on. Not saying it won't fair well, but the bet would have been safer last year.

• MusikMusik Member Posts: 22

There will also be a lot of poeple who try GW2 and don't play it long term. I am wanting to at least try it myself even though I will be playing Tera. I just think people aren't grasping that you will most likely be spending more then $15 a month. That is how cash shops work every model and hasn't changed in decades.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    These sites maybe represent 5% of the total MMO player base. If you want your game if choice in as many hands as possible tell people about it. Personally I'll take it not being a "hit" and having a good community.

There are so many MMOs out there that have one great aspect but lack in others. You play this one for a few months, then this one, oh that one has this feature. Call me old fashioned but this is not what MMOs were designed for. The only reason I'm interested in TERA, and only TERA, right now is that I think I'll be able to play it long term.

Want revolutionary? Make a game worth playing more than two months.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Originally posted by deziwright

Past lvl 22 it gets less linear. you have several places to lvl at all times form that point on. Most never got that far in betas but believe me theres plenty to do later on :) Though still. I will admit. They really didnt even need quests in this game. Should have just kept it as a monster hunter game and got rid of a lot of the rpg questing element. Focus on whats great. :)

I just don't do quests other than the main one hehe.  EME was brilliant in increasing mob xp IMO.  With the combat system the way it is you can just go hunt if you're not high enough to reach the next step in the main story.  I'll probably add guild rep, BAM repeatables and dungeon quests but we'll see.

There is just too much group content to waste xp on boring side quests.  It actually makes 1-20 not seem so linear.

really?  not doing (most) quests would make me enjoy the game SOOOO much more.

(as it would in LOTRO, SWTOR or ANY game....i hate questgrinding period, just an extra extra-tedious layer ON TOP of the included mob grinding)

when did they increase xp for mobs?

when i was playing it, i felt i'd be missing out on a huge amount of xp (like maybe %40 or so, altho i wasn't too good about watching my XP bar all the time) if i ignored the quests.  

how much xp do you think you'd be missing out on if you ignore quests?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Here is the deal , one person calling others trolls in the forum, Stated GW2 does nothing different , and that Tera is very different.

This is false, they got called on it , and basiclly couldn't argue with the facts,then someone rightly stated well different doesn't equal better. This is a good arguement. But not the original matter of contention.

Lets be honest Tera Could be good, great, bad, ok, or awful. Im personally leaning to ok. I don't care for its combat , its an anti action action combat system (or thats how it feels to me). Beyond that it doesn't change anything from the mmo experince, This is reality. However, its the small things that make mmos enjoyable, so the combination of systems and game experince could make Tera a wonderful game to play, or just the same awful.

The same is true for GW2 it might be very bad. I kind like better equipment to strive for but gw2 doesn't have it (not the tredmill like wow has tho, more like daoc, like every so often / expack there were new better items, but just a bit better and not better items for every item slot). Furthermore, GW2 is acctually doing things different. And honestly if you looked at it with less bias you might like some of the changes (Amazing playability, all content is playable by your character... so you level 52 and your firend is 10 ... no problem go play with him you'll scale down to the zones level and play together, Non-liner experince. You don't follow quest huh to quest hub per say, you just walk off and explore in -> direction  and stuff happens and you effect its outcome, explorable easter eggs; jumping, thinking, fighting puzzles hidden all over).  The game is doing something different, you might not like it, it may suck. But give credit where credit is due.

PS. Just to be fair, i think gw2 ~ equal equipment is lame, i don't care for it. And more so i think generic and jack of all trade classes ARE THE WORST, i feel classes should fit very spefici roles, hybrid are ok but only if they come with pros and cons. (And i like tera's class system, just do not like the combat).

Back to TERA if it wanted to be a big hit removing that action root all together would be a plus in my mind. - Out of my 14 core gaming buddies 7 tried it 5 said nope withint 2 days simply due to that. (Doesn't mean some people will not enjoy it, just that it turns many people off).

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by Omnifish

<>

<>

Even if we assmue that is true, we aready have a game like this in the west...it's called DCU <>

DCUO had a wonky block and dodge system, frustrating soft tab target system and was more of a hybrid. Has that changed? Don't lump it with TERA.

So your seriously saying a slightly, 'better', dodge system will keep people playing longer? Even with the quest hubs/ grindo game structure?

Point is, DCU was set up exactly the same way.  People said, 'Oh the combats great and different, that'll keep people playing!', I can tell you this because for my sins I was one of them, but it didn't because the quests/tasks were mindless grinding of mobs, till end game. I can lump Tera in the same bracket for sure, actually DCU at least had a little pay off if you like comicbook cutscenes...

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Im sorry, did aion fail? last time i checked it was number 1 in korea.. still is, and tera isnt beating Aion in korea.

Aion certainly succeeded in South Korea.  In the US?  Not so much.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

TERA will be RIFT 2.0.

Not really.  Why does Rift even exist in the first place?  Extra versatile talent trees?  Less organized public quests?  Other than that, they're basically just trying to polish the same old stuff that has been around for a long, long time.

TERA can at least point to the combat system.  The game might be good or it might not, but at least it has a chance at being something special.  Which is more than can be said for Rift.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Tera has one maybe two good months in it if it launches with the smoothest launch in history and makes zero mistakes.

Otherwise...

• chibineko89chibineko89 Member CommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by Nadya3

Originally posted by chibineko89

Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Originally posted by karmath

It really wont be.

While the combat is awesome, the best we have seen in recent years, but the rest of the game is the same ol' tired linear themepark.

Hyping it to be more than that is stupid.

Do you have any experience to base this statement off of? The reason I ask is that those that have played the current KTERA version don't all share that sentiment but maybe you have also played all the way through? I won't argue that the early game is a linear themepark and I don't like it.  However I keep being told by those that have played to endgame that it opens up.  Plus there is a lot of group content, both overworld and dungeon based, which has been sorely needed in themepark genre as of late.

There was a time when I thought it could be a sleeper hit but after trying CBT 3 I doubt that.I would say at best it would turn to F2P in a year and a half.Questing is boring as hell and people wont shell $60 to level to max to then enjoy the game.We are in 2012 the animations and combat are what really shines in this game,the political system is just a fantasy right now because no one has experienced it yet besides that everything feels 10 years too late.

some people, including myself prefer a game, that captures the old school flavor, with great graphics.  that   don't pretend to be something that isen't, that don't boost your expectations to heavens, and later turn into a huge dissapoinment.

Tera is not a game for everyone.  if you want something new, i really suggest you to try Swtor.  

GW2 does not offer anything new at all. at least not to me.   in fact,  the mega exciting dynamic events, have been done in other MMO before.

i don't want a MMO that can magically teleport me into the year 40000,(well that would be neat!p).  i  want toplay a MMO that provide me with constant entertainment.  that don't force me to buy crappy vanity items every week or so,  that can have a good costumer support.  that has a good and healthy community.  that provides me, with a virtual world i can explore.  that gives me a variety of things to do, once i get to max level.    so only time will tell, wether Tera will manage to deliver that or not.  

the sameway is absurd to  talk about all the wonders of GW2 and every other upcoming MMO that are not even in beta yet.  untill the game don't get released, 1 or 2 month after.   we can only make assumptions, or speculate, mostly based on wishful thinking.

gw2 breaks mmo standards

completely gearless based pvp

no mob tagging

pushes ppl to work together without barriers suchs as parties

everyone gets their own loot based on what they did

limiting players to about a dozen skills to b used at one time

no gear grinding

WvWvW 

no open world pve where you get ganked

there wont b pvp, pve,rp servers theres no need

can do almost anything in the game from lvl 1 dont have to get to max lvll to get the "real game"

a hybrid hotkey action mmo that takes physics into account(i have the highground i can shoot farther as an example)

no more reading quest txt 

no long list of  quests to do on the side on the UI

not bound by animations 

no holy trinity

im sure i could go on but gw2 does more to change MMOs than any other game ive seen recently

yes it is very obvious, that you are GW2 number one Fanboy.   it is obvious you won't play Tera ever,  what are you trying to acomplish exactly? 

actually i did try tera and i would play here and there if it was F2P or B2P but its not worth the sub

no im not a GW2 fanboy i have other games im looking foreward to and gw2 will b just to pass the time

i prefer Tera ,  because i haven't played GW2  so no clue how all those wonderful things you keep prasing so much will work, a month or 2 after the game gets released.

niether i can't say i will love Tera a month or 2,  maybe will be a boredom paradise.   i think i rather find out by myself, and not base my decisions, upon what a very bias person, who has not even 1 % of my gaming interests could tell me.

tera combat is  still behind times even PSU's action combat flows better and its like 5 years old now

sorry but none of what you list, makes it all that wonderful to me.    most of those features have already been done in other games, in one way or another.

only time will tell.

oh i happen to love,  what you call the Holy Trinity

gw2 takes everything alot of ppl hate in MMOs and gets rid of it

no more LF heals, tanks

no quest grinds

no monster grinds

no gear grind

equal pvp

end game starts at lvl1

no monster taging

since WoW nothing has gone away from the mmo standard to this extent

its about having fun not about making the player grind endlessly and make them addicted to grinding that new peice of gear.

if you want you carrot on a stick gamplay then by all means play tera,swtor,wow,rift and follow that carrot if thats what you call fun, its like a hampster in a hampster wheel 

once again, you generalise (not everyone likes the samethings).   is all very subjective,  and all based on your very Bias personal opinion.

just like this is all your opinion  

all of the things, you highlight in green as a negative.  are all good for me.

i don't mind grinding, in fact is relaxing. 

see most ppl dont like grinding see asian grindfest mentality

they dont do well over here bc ppl dont like to grind

i like grouping,  in fact that s the reason i play MMO to begin with,  if i wanted to  do dynamic quests alone all day long, i would play single player games to begin with.  or read a book

you dont do DE alone you do them with whoever is in the area with you also you can party with freinds and to do them. if YOU choose to do them alone then thats your choice.

i love the holy trinity system,  everyone has a function a role,  i love playing as main healer classes.  what do you mean with no monster taging?

monster tagging is when you hit a monster 1st so its your loot/quest count when it dies

in gw2 everyone gets loot from anything that dies that they helped kill whether in a group or not 

the trinity system as implemented in games since WoW anyway is just another barrier

like cant do content without a tank or healer

playing swtor with friends doesnt work to well when max group size is 4 and we dont have a tank and heals between all of us, it makes impossible to play together and play the class/spec we want 

and its a huge waste of time having to look for a healer/tank to do everything

gw2 you can do dungeons with all theifs if you really want to

you can still play a support character in GW2 but the battle is ever changing and players must adapt to it or they will just die

i love gear grinding.  in fact  it gives me something to look for,  working hard, to get a nice looking outfit.  gives me a sense of acomplishment.

so you like to follow that carrot on a stick 

"nice looking outfit" teir gear gets uglier and uglier or just way over the top

see WoW and SWTOR teir gear for examples

you still work toward nice looking gear in gw2 you just arent grind for that extra few stats for min/maxing

can care less about pvp.  to me,  so not a priority for me in games.

i love monster grinding 

if you like sitting there killing the same boring enemy over and over with no change in behavior go right ahead and do it

once again, you can see, that you can't generalise things based upon a personal opinion.  what may work for you, may not do so for many others.

wow is still the most popular MMO in the west.  so it really can't be that bad

WoW is not that popular in the west anymore and just bc it is/was popular doesnt mean that its a good game 

it means it was marketed well and WoW took off when there wasnt much competition back then. now adays WoW is bleeding subs just like SWTOR is bleeding subs

look at WoWs new expansion it caters to its asian population which is most likely a majority of WoW players these days

take a game AAA mmo like gw2 that has no sub

offer the same if not more than P2P MMOs

with what it offers y would u pay 150 a year to play rift/swtor/wow/tera(if you dont buy chronoscrolls)

i could get 2 xbox games + dlc for that much and still have an MMO to play whenever i feel like it 

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Tera wasn't long at the top of the Asian market don't expect it to do any better here in NA. The game is pretty much SWTOR with a Asian skin which we all know was easy mode WOW clone and so on.

Sleeper of 2012 will be Dominus!

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    @Corpusc,

Not Doing quests, except the main story, gave me a great sense feeling of freedom. Best decision I have made playing TERA. I'd have to dig for the official announcement regarding the NA xp tweak, not sure on an exact date. While I didn't record the numbers I tested my theory from level one with an Archer. There were times that I was not high enough for the next step in the main quest so I'd just go out and fight orange level monsters. It's really important to keep stamina up though. I thought it was actually faster than running all over turning in quests but that could be because the combat is great and time seemed to go by faster. You also get more money due to a higher amount of mob kills.

I would highly recommend you try it for Open Beta since you seen to have the same stance I do. I can handle 1-4 quests at a time, 15 is overkill lol. This is the first game I've found to let me progress without grinding it's quests.

Just not worth my time anymore.

You cannot play TERA by mouse-clicking your skills. What kind of effect do you think that will have on the regular MMO gamer?

Nah, that's too easy of an argument. You assume MMO gamers only play MMO's and nothing else?

But I wasn't too specific. I was looking at TERA as a whole. The combat is refreshing, but the rest is pretty much done before in quite a few popular games. The game caters to a big MMO playerbase that's used to games like WoW, Rift, Aion, etc, but is aching for something different (which is where the combat comes in).

Hence me saying it's not a niche game. Atleast not in my book. Just to clarify: EvE Online I think IS a niche game.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 373

anime cartoonish design  best graphics???? da*uck .... i tried the closed beta ... feel like i was playing a korean f2p grinder and i have not tried one of those in years ... sorry but i don't see this game going anywhere

my 2cents

• chibineko89chibineko89 Member CommonPosts: 107

my friend played the beta with me and he cant handle it LOL hes a mouse clicker 

and he doesnt like aiming he wants to b lazy 

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Im sorry, did aion fail? last time i checked it was number 1 in korea.. still is, and tera isnt beating Aion in korea.

But then again, the devs didnt hit every facet of Aion with the casual nerf bat the way en masse did, so maybe it will be a hit here. since most western players seem to like easier games.

O wait do we live in korea here? Last time i checke most of us lives in NA or EU and guess what? Aion tanked in NA and EU.

Originally posted by karmath

It really wont be.

While the combat is awesome, the best we have seen in recent years, but the rest of the game is the same ol' tired linear themepark.

Hyping it to be more than that is stupid.

you forgot to add, how wonderful , unique, and different GW2 will be.

Big Roll of eyes for you!

gw2 will be different thats for sure

they are breaking alot of mmo standards

wont know if its fun though till i can try it out

but none that i care about... now where have i heard that before.

Originally posted by wrightstuf

I see alot of ..."It gets better later on"...i've never seen that. if an mmo doesnt capture your attention and start off fun, then thats the way it is. If anything, a developer should try to make it just the opposite to draw more people in, then work more on end game content.

The only thing that gets better later on is licking your way to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

I wonder if ths new generation or something but appearly working toward something doesn't exist any more its either get it now or gtfo.

Originally posted by skydiver12

Tera's downfall could only be the "PVP" centric claims of the EU / NA publishers. TERA is not a PVP centric game by nature (korea). Possibility of Politics does not equal FFA full PVP all day ganking - in Korea. The PVP crowd overhyped by the Betas currently ignore the fact that the level cap and lack of Endgame itemization (like enchanting, luxing and stone stacking with top end gear) is missing.

see: http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.de/2012/02/tera-online-gear-attributes-and.html TERA's half ofcustomization  is GEAR(Equipmen) based. The rest is Glyphs.

Unlike what many believe this takes time, this creates a huge item(gear) gap and thus many will sink down a lot of time into gear (pve) or metagame politics in order to be competitive in pvp.

The level dominance falls of swiftly, and once you can get one shottet by a PVE centric player with top gear, you will need to sink down your time into gear too, as a PVPer. Open world ganking with friends during a GVG will not give you the gear. Outlawing random people killing BAMs will not give you the gear. The whole "skill" BS only applies when equally geared or for the beta : within 2 levels.

You don't have to farm that much for gear in Tera, drop rates has been fixed in Korea so its like 3-4 gold per run. Ofc most of those are going toward upgradining lol =X as for pvp in Korea, thing is they don't like OWPVP, no idea why but they shun it so almost no one does it. Unlike NA/EU where we love it.

Originally posted by Kyleran

LOL, and all would be accused of being Asian grinders in this day and age. image

Players really have no clue what they want.  They don't want to grind, either by questing or just standard camp grinding of mobs, so what is it that they really want?  To stop grinding altogether apparently.

I think the answer is they really don't want to play MMORPG's anymore as evidenced by the direction GW2 is taking with progression (and lack thereof)

Tera won't be a smash hit, in fact I expect Enmasse would be thrilled if they are as successful as Trion/Rift and still running 10 full servers a year from now.

But they shouldn't feel bad if they miss the mark, if past history is any indicator few other titles will really be a big hit (GW2 not withstanding, that's almost too big to fail I think) so they'll be in good company.

Hey, EVE's still going strong with just one server.   image

What they want is to not have to work for anything but still have the satisfaction as if they worked for it. People who like old school game know this feeling, you grind to lvl up, sure its work but once you get up there you can enjoy the benfits of been high lvl and do and explore higher lvl content. Like Tera and most game i don't give a damn about the progression, i work hard through it to get to the end game, if the game has a solid end game than my work is worth it for long term enjoyment (for me will be Tera's pvp)

Different days? What you talking about its the same crap same day same time but differen't universise. Yes its scary but our alternate dimention self are suffering the same thing D;

Originally posted by firefly2003

Tbh I havent been following GW2 at all I play the first one hated it gave the account to a friend, with everything he's listed in green it sounds like I really wouldn't like GW2 either , from what it sounds like getting rid of what everyone hates in a MMO makes GW2 not even sound like a MMO where everyone is a special snowflake, if there is no quest grind what is there to do deathmatches in PVP? What is the longetivity to the game if there is nothing to do but kill things? Of course this is just my opinion but that doesn't even sound fun.

I'll keep the stuff I like in MMOs that are NOT WoW or the multiudes of its clone army (TOR,etc)

You follow gaint letters on your screen telling you what to do.

And ya pretty much battle ground or their WvWvW which is just a mess of random people fighting.

Originally posted by Musik

MW2/3 = GW2 

BF3 = Tera

If you don't get it don't bother replying.

omg i agree on the comparsion.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Really don't want to get into the whole... Elin whatever debate all over again.

my god the horror, i'll say this both side were extremely immature about it so i can't side with either -.-

Originally posted by Musik

If people don't like it and they have expressed their opinion why keep doing it over and over again. That is the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!)

omg some one know this!!! <3

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Here is the deal , one person calling others trolls in the forum, Stated GW2 does nothing different , and that Tera is very different.

This is false, they got called on it , and basiclly couldn't argue with the facts,then someone rightly stated well different doesn't equal better. This is a good arguement. But not the original matter of contention.

Lets be honest Tera Could be good, great, bad, ok, or awful. Im personally leaning to ok. I don't care for its combat , its an anti action action combat system (or thats how it feels to me). Beyond that it doesn't change anything from the mmo experince, This is reality. However, its the small things that make mmos enjoyable, so the combination of systems and game experince could make Tera a wonderful game to play, or just the same awful.

The same is true for GW2 it might be very bad. I kind like better equipment to strive for but gw2 doesn't have it (not the tredmill like wow has tho, more like daoc, like every so often / expack there were new better items, but just a bit better and not better items for every item slot). Furthermore, GW2 is acctually doing things different. And honestly if you looked at it with less bias you might like some of the changes (Amazing playability, all content is playable by your character... so you level 52 and your firend is 10 ... no problem go play with him you'll scale down to the zones level and play together, Non-liner experince. You don't follow quest huh to quest hub per say, you just walk off and explore in -> direction  and stuff happens and you effect its outcome, explorable easter eggs; jumping, thinking, fighting puzzles hidden all over).  The game is doing something different, you might not like it, it may suck. But give credit where credit is due.

PS. Just to be fair, i think gw2 ~ equal equipment is lame, i don't care for it. And more so i think generic and jack of all trade classes ARE THE WORST, i feel classes should fit very spefici roles, hybrid are ok but only if they come with pros and cons. (And i like tera's class system, just do not like the combat).

Back to TERA if it wanted to be a big hit removing that action root all together would be a plus in my mind. - Out of my 14 core gaming buddies 7 tried it 5 said nope withint 2 days simply due to that. (Doesn't mean some people will not enjoy it, just that it turns many people off).

+10 logic points

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Tera wasn't long at the top of the Asian market don't expect it to do any better here in NA. The game is pretty much SWTOR with a Asian skin which we all know was easy mode WOW clone and so on.

Sleeper of 2012 will be Dominus!

Never played either game have you?