Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont have a level 50? Drop sub for a month.

Comments

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Tardcore

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Bioware acts so wierd. I've never heard of something like this before.

Really? Winback promotions are as common as dirt. I have companies calling me every week. I wish they would stop. If they wanted me for a customer they wouldn't have treated me like shit to begin with. Not that Bioware has ever been unreasonable, cable/ sattelite companies sure are.

Of course winback promotions are common. Giving one portion a free month while the rest get nothing is not common. I have never seen it done in this way. And it was an awful way to handle things. If you have, can you please tell me about it?

my phone company recently offered 10 buck discounts to its blackberry customers. mind you, i had to switch a plan.

to be honest, it was well deserved. they already gouge us enough.

they didn't offer anyone else 10 bucks off.

i think their reasoning would have been "you don't have a blackberry." in the same reasoning ea would say "you don't have a level 50."

besides, given the reality of the game's tenuous position, a free month isn't exactly a gold nugget.

It's not the same if you are switching your plan and they are giving you $10 to do that. Not even close. 

And really, we're talking about MMORPG players and Biowares ability to manage reputation. They have shown again and again how terrible they have been at it. I don't think of myself as a SWTOR hater or anything, but they just keep doing these really wierd things that could have been handled a lot better.

Removing Ilum (This was a huge promised feature that they were going to work on and then one day they jsut scrapped it)

Not adding Ranked PvP in 1.2 and then commenting how they are now hoping to get it in before 1.3

Giving only level 50s a free month (instead of basing it on actual commitment to the game)

I'm sure the peoeple that have been playing since release could list a few more, but they are not very good at managing expectations and they don't follow through with a lot of important things.

sigh.

you guys should put your brains together. you might actually manage to make one full-thinking mind.

the point is, ea/bw made an OFFER you can have a free month IF you stay. i got an extra 10 bucks IF i stayed. not much difference, pal.

if you can't see their problems with ilum etc are due to the mechanics of their engine and it's no doubt not as easy as you'd like it to be, then really...

giving the 50s a free month was giving a bunch of bored customers incentive to stay one more month so they'll see if 1.2 can keep them loyal. as i said, it's the 50s who were leaving in droves.

anyone playing since release should be 50. hell, i was close enough and i started ages after release. and i played it SLOW and logged in only once or twice a week and endured enough downtime to have made my own game.

i really think some of you poor lost lambs need to pull your heads out and if you love this game as much as you think you do, appreciate they're trying to fix it for you. i mean, show a little gratitude for that.

No they aren't. They are doing it to keep from losing their shirts. Please stop with the bombastic horse shit.

that's not quite an adequate usage of "bombastic" but still, it's nice to see someone trying to extend their vocabulary and i'm all for that.

of COURSE they're trying not to lose their shirts.

here's another word to look up while you're looking up "bombastic"; business.

I think it is you who does not understand the meaning of the word. By belittling the customers who are upset with a broken product, and then further upset by what seems to be an arbitrary and unfair recompense for said broken product, and trying to paint them as the villain of the piece for being a bunch of ungrateful spoiled serfs for not appreciating all the hard work this poor beleaguered company is doing for them, just out of the kindness of their heart, all while speaking down to them in the manner you would use to a trying child, is pure bombast.

nice work.

now climb back to the top of the thread and read from the top. when you find the bit where i'm belittling customers for a broken product, get back to me. be sure to read the bits about me calling swtor a game held together by gaffa tape. find also the bit where i call them a "beleaguered" company. mind you also read the bits in which i tell you what they're doing is called "business" (remember, that's the word i told you to look up along with bombastic?).

now, it's nice you managed to find a dictionary meaning for bombastic and work it into a sentence. but perhaps when you apply a new word, you take into consideration what came before, rather than try to mould the situation around a dictionary meaning.

when you manage to do this, i will stop talking down to you as a cute kid who's just found a thesaurus.

now, here. have a biscuit.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

*snip*

I think it is you who does not understand the meaning of the word. By belittling the customers who are upset with a broken product, and then further upset by what seems to be an arbitrary and unfair recompense for said broken product, and trying to paint them as the villain of the piece for being a bunch of ungrateful spoiled serfs for not appreciating all the hard work this poor beleaguered company is doing for them, just out of the kindness of their heart, all while speaking down to them in the manner you would use to a trying child, is pure bombast.

You just wrote a short summation of all my toughts about SWTOR and €A/Bioware.

that's a good post. :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

that's not quite an adequate usage of "bombastic" but still, it's nice to see someone trying to extend their vocabulary and i'm all for that.

Lets look up "NGE".  I think you will find that chasing a hypothetical group of subbers versus caring for your current subbers is bad for...  what was that word you used???  Oh yeah "business".  If someone was unhappy with the game at level 50 and was looking to quit soon, the free 30 days just gave them free time to do all the content in 1.2 and then leave.  Strangely, that sounds bad for "business".  Am I using that word correctly?  Maybe I have yet to grasp the meaning of that word.  I guess me and my mates can discuss it some evening now that we all cancelled our ToR subscriptions.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by ksan24

Worst post I have ever read.  OP hs no game or business skills.  Bottom line, you had nothing taken away from you.  Should you get BM gear since you started at launch?  My little brother who is 12 read this and laughed.  There is not enough time to even explain all the things wrong with your line of thought and comparisons.  
    Dropping your sub means nothing to them because obviosly for you not to have hit 50 on 1 character by now, you are not the audience they care about or are even looking for.  The entire idea of MMOs is the more time you put in the more and better gear/rewards you get.  This is the very foundation of why people play.  
    Nowhere in your rambling remarks did you say anything that resembled an intelligent statement.  Everyone who has read it is now dumber for doing so.  I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Wow, you are 36 and your "little brother" is 12. You still live at home then?
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Originally posted by Drakxii

Really? Winback promotions are as common as dirt. I have companies calling me every week. I wish they would stop. If they wanted me for a customer they wouldn't have treated me like shit to begin with. Not that Bioware has ever been unreasonable, cable/ sattelite companies sure are.

Of course winback promotions are common. Giving one portion a free month while the rest get nothing is not common. I have never seen it done in this way. And it was an awful way to handle things. If you have, can you please tell me about it?

There is nothing really wrong with give one porition a free month but you just should give it who have been with you the longest or since the being not those that rushed to the end.   What bioware is doing would be like if a resturant gave anyone with a ballcap on a discount instead of the customers with a loyalty card a discount. 

I agree. If they were going to do it at all, it should have been those that were paying since release. That is a loyalty bonus that makes sense. 

When I first read the incentive lvl 50 players were getting my first thought was, adding more fuel to the fire, more bitching and whinning.

I simply don't care, I have been slowly leveling 3 classes since release not one of my characters are at 50 yet.

I find it funny so many of you feel left out and feel so privileged. I'm pretty sure if you guys go to SWTOR forum complain enough about it that they may have a change of heart. This really shows where all the tears come from.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Says the guy who only comes here to insult and repudiate posters who do not share his own glowing opinion of the game. Pots and kettles mate?

Thx for the old reference old timer!

Thanks for the expected puerile response.

Lovely you and I have pet names now!

LOL. Sounds like the tag line to a bad 1970s American TV show.

"Purile and Old Timer! They're cops!"

I got dibs on the Mexican mustache!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

my phone company recently offered 10 buck discounts to its blackberry customers. mind you, i had to switch a plan.

to be honest, it was well deserved. they already gouge us enough.

they didn't offer anyone else 10 bucks off.

i think their reasoning would have been "you don't have a blackberry." in the same reasoning ea would say "you don't have a level 50."

besides, given the reality of the game's tenuous position, a free month isn't exactly a gold nugget.

It's not the same if you are switching your plan and they are giving you $10 to do that. Not even close. 

And really, we're talking about MMORPG players and Biowares ability to manage reputation. They have shown again and again how terrible they have been at it. I don't think of myself as a SWTOR hater or anything, but they just keep doing these really wierd things that could have been handled a lot better.

Removing Ilum (This was a huge promised feature that they were going to work on and then one day they jsut scrapped it)

Not adding Ranked PvP in 1.2 and then commenting how they are now hoping to get it in before 1.3

Giving only level 50s a free month (instead of basing it on actual commitment to the game)

I'm sure the peoeple that have been playing since release could list a few more, but they are not very good at managing expectations and they don't follow through with a lot of important things.

sigh.

you guys should put your brains together. you might actually manage to make one full-thinking mind.

the point is, ea/bw made an OFFER you can have a free month IF you stay. i got an extra 10 bucks IF i stayed. not much difference, pal.

if you can't see their problems with ilum etc are due to the mechanics of their engine and it's no doubt not as easy as you'd like it to be, then really...

giving the 50s a free month was giving a bunch of bored customers incentive to stay one more month so they'll see if 1.2 can keep them loyal. as i said, it's the 50s who were leaving in droves.

anyone playing since release should be 50. hell, i was close enough and i started ages after release. and i played it SLOW and logged in only once or twice a week and endured enough downtime to have made my own game.

i really think some of you poor lost lambs need to pull your heads out and if you love this game as much as you think you do, appreciate they're trying to fix it for you. i mean, show a little gratitude for that.

No they aren't. They are doing it to keep from losing their shirts. Please stop with the bombastic horse shit.

nice work.

now climb back to the top of the thread and read from the top. when you find the bit where i'm belittling customers for a broken product, get back to me. be sure to read the bits about me calling swtor a game held together by gaffa tape. find also the bit where i call them a "beleaguered" company. mind you also read the bits in which i tell you what they're doing is called "business" (remember, that's the word i told you to look up along with bombastic?).

now, it's nice you managed to find a dictionary meaning for bombastic and work it into a sentence. but perhaps when you apply a new word, you take into consideration what came before, rather than try to mould the situation around a dictionary meaning.

when you manage to do this, i will stop talking down to you as a cute kid who's just found a thesaurus.

now, here. have a biscuit.

Again, by your own numerous and juvenile responses you show you really don't have a logical argument. Please stop wasting everyones time. And welcome to ignore.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Drakxii

There is nothing really wrong with give one porition a free month but you just should give it who have been with you the longest or since the being not those that rushed to the end.   What bioware is doing would be like if a resturant gave anyone with a ballcap on a discount instead of the customers with a loyalty card a discount. 

I agree. If they were going to do it at all, it should have been those that were paying since release. That is a loyalty bonus that makes sense. 

When I first read the incentive lvl 50 players were getting my first thought was, adding more fuel to the fire, more bitching and whinning.

I simply don't care, I have been slowly leveling 3 classes since release not one of my characters are at 50 yet.

I find it funny so many of you feel left out and feel so privileged. I'm pretty sure if you guys go to SWTOR forum complain enough about it that they may have a change of heart. This really shows where all the tears come from.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Says the guy who only comes here to insult and repudiate posters who do not share his own glowing opinion of the game. Pots and kettles mate?

DAMN IT!!! image

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Anything they can do to show that people are still playing on those quarterly reports eh? I hope that they get in trouble for defrauding their investors over all this.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

BLah blah etc

DAMN IT!!! image

Don't worry you get to wear the merkin
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

What about the players who don't have a lvl 50, enjoy the game enough that they don't want to drop their sub, and is excited that bioware is doing premotionals to get players to return, after there has been an obvious sub loss?

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Worst post I have ever read.  OP hs no game or business skills.  Bottom line, you had nothing taken away from you.  Should you get BM gear since you started at launch?  My little brother who is 12 read this and laughed.  There is not enough time to even explain all the things wrong with your line of thought and comparisons.  

Dropping your sub means nothing to them because obviosly for you not to have hit 50 on 1 character by now, you are not the audience they care about or are even looking for.  The entire idea of MMOs is the more time you put in the more and better gear/rewards you get.  This is the very foundation of why people play.  

Nowhere in your rambling remarks did you say anything that resembled an intelligent statement.  Everyone who has read it is now dumber for doing so.  I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

I must be doing it ALL wrong then all those years since UO i guess.......i used to play for FUN, i loved getting more gear too, true enough but its all about the fun for me.........since i didnt "work" hatd enough to get at least ONE char to 50 (but 5 to 40+) i am not worth their game???? hmmm maybe that's why i canceled my sub then.......if i am not a worthy customer then they aint even worth my 15 bucks i guess :p

you l33t gamers make me lolz

Dropping your sub means nothing to them because obviosly for you not to have hit 50 on 1 character by now, you are not the audience they care about or are even looking for.  Nowhere in your rambling remarks did you say anything that resembled an intelligent statement.  Everyone who has read it is now dumber for doing so.  I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Thanks for your insightful and intelligent post.  I appreciate you clearing things up for me and explaining that Bioware does not care about me even though I paid as much or more to them than others who may have leveled a char to 50.  It makes perfect business sense to me now.  I am so happy you took the time to post.  Thank you. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by ktanner3

I personally don't care about this promotion, but I do have to scratch my head at the rapid apologists here who think that people who haven't hit 50 are somehow less worthy customers.

It's simple. They got theirs and they couldn't care less about anyone else. In fact, they'd rather they just shut the hell up about it.

Welcome to the toxic MMO community lol.

Theres a good discussion about this going on at the oficial boards. The majority of the posters there who have 50s are sympathetic to this. There are a LOT of people who have been subbed since december and  don't have a 50 yet.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

Theres a good discussion about this going on at the oficial boards. The majority of the posters there who have 50s are sympathetic to this. There are a LOT of people who have been subbed since december and  don't have a 50 yet.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the number of people who don't have a max level character.

You would think that BW would have looked at their user metrics before laaunching a promotion that spits in the face of such a large portion of their playerbase. They must be so desperate to stop max-level players from leaving that they are overlooking their satisfied customers; that is a deadly mistake for a service business.

I've said before and I'll say it again: Bad leadership doomed SWTOR from the very beginning.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by fundayz

Yeah, I'm surprised at the number of people who don't have a max level character.

You would think that BW would have looked at their user metrics before laaunching a promotion that spits in the face of such a large portion of their playerbase. They must be so desperate to stop max-level players from leaving that they are overlooking their satisfied customers; that is a deadly mistake for a service business.

I've said before and I'll say it again: Bad leadership doomed SWTOR from the very beginning.

Bad or none? SWTOR looks more like a Frankenstein's creature to me as a consistent harmonious piece, lacking a general unifying thought behind it.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Well, I guess that is one way of making sure to piss off the players that don't have a lvl50 toon at this moment. Didn't know that playstyle tells something about loyality to the game. All those players pay the same sub price. This is a PR fuck up.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Talonsin

(edit) This was in regards to Paithans post above

Seriously, just because I play differently than you and did not get a char to 50 does not mean I am less of a customer.  I have a wife, kids, a job and am working on my masters.  I would love to have 20 hours a week to play but I dont.  I also like to read the mission text and actually listen to the voiceovers in the game.  I admire the artwork and take screenshots and send it to friends.  Just because I didnt hit 50 does not mean I am less of a player.

I agree with you. This was a BAD move by bioware. It really has me thinking about stopping my sub.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Tanner, do me a favor and drop your sub today, just for a few days and then you can pick it back up.  Every little bit helps get the message across to Bioware.

Thanks

• pifiaspifias Member UncommonPosts: 12

Saying "is a kick to the teeth to players who may have purchased the CE on day one and have been loyal customers for the entire time the game has been live but did not play enough to get to level 50 on one char" is a complete lie. If you don't have a level 50 for whatever reason and you started playing on day 1, you made your choice. Just as BW made their choice by giving those that did, the free month. Maybe you didn't like the wording they used and I can understand just that.

Im a gamer but I have a life. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter I go see everyday after I get out of work. Im also in a relationship and I live with my grandfather taking care of him.

That said. I have 2 level 50's a level 40 and 3 level 20 toons and I only play 2 hours a day at most. Am I grateful because they gave players who hit 50 a free month of subscription. Yes. Would I be mad if they gave all the players regardless of having a level 50 toon a free month? No. Why would I? And to be honest, if you don't plan on playing at least 3-5 hours a week on an MMO, why play one at all? All MMO's require time and some dedication. If you think I'm mistaken, I'm sorry for you but it's the truth and you are better off playing a game like Diablo or Guildwars that dont require as much time and dedication and may fit your playing time. Just saying.

You say "to single one group out based NOT on amount of money paid or support to the company but instead to base it on play style is not a good business decision" What kind of playstyle are your referring to that 4 months down the road you don't have a 50 yet?  Assuming we are still talking about people who bought the game on day 1. Are you telling me that you like to play ALTs to  X level , then stop and level another toon to X level, rinse and repeat? You don't want to reach endgame on any toon on an MMO? Really? And complain because some kind of reward was giving to people who has? Or are you one of the many that stopped playing for X amount of time, then came back and now wish you had stayed and had a 50 so you could get a free month and most likely leave again after that? Either way, its your choosing of playstyle that you don't have a 50 yet and you shouldn't feel its unfair.

I play once every week or two with some friends, at least I used to before all this.  We roleplay and take our time.  I make a good living and currently sub to several different games so unlike many of you who only play one primary MMO my enjoyment from the game comes a bit differently.  So you are saying it is fair to single me out since I didnt play as much as you?  How is that an honest and fair way for a company to evaluate its customers? 

You guys pushing the level 50 thing are basing your argument that there was some achievement to be unlocked at 50 by everyone.  I am not having an issue with all the cool gear that level 50's get and I dont.  I made a choice NOT to get to 50 yet and not get that gear.  I didnt get to make a choice about getting free game time.  I didnt get an email from Bioware telling me I was a valued customer.  Would it be fair if Bioware gave everyone on one server free gametime due to its low population?  Your arguement could then be, "you had the choice to play on that server".  Your argument doesnt hold.  For a company to just come out and say this player is worth more to us than another and judge it strictly by play style is unfair. 

Would it be fair for Bioware to give extras for paying more for different versions of the game like CE?  Yes, everyone would know from the beginning that buying the lesser version gives you less.  I on the other hand paid for the CE and I subbed from day one.  What makes me less valuable to Bioware as a customer?  Where was my prior knowledge that my choice to level slowly and enjoy the game in my own way would make me a less valued member than a guy who paid less for his game 30 days ago, rushed through his content on one char and then complained on the official forums for a week about the lack of content?

• HeavyTrafficHeavyTraffic Member Posts: 54

It seems odd that EA is punishing the only playstyle that will give this game any legs at all.  They've even encouraged people to roll alts and put in the legacy system to further push you toward making alts.

I understand why they did it, 50's are simply leaving the game when the hit level cap so 30 days free doesn't really cost EA anything since a lot of those people would have quit, but it is sort of demeaning to the people who played as they were told to play.

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50... "

Just a bit of tweaking of this statement and they wouldn't have caused such a stir.  Maybe substituting 'determined' for 'valued'.

Anyway, I get 7 free days!  Woot.

I'm going to go roll a new toon on the FATMAN server.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
  • MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by pifias

Saying "is a kick to the teeth to players who may have purchased the CE on day one and have been loyal customers for the entire time the game has been live but did not play enough to get to level 50 on one char" is a complete lie. If you don't have a level 50 for whatever reason and you started playing on day 1, you made your choice. Just as BW made their choice by giving those that did, the free month. Maybe you didn't like the wording they used and I can understand just that.

Im a gamer but I have a life. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter I go see everyday after I get out of work. Im also in a relationship and I live with my grandfather taking care of him.

That said. I have 2 level 50's a level 40 and 3 level 20 toons and I only play 2 hours a day at most. Am I grateful because they gave players who hit 50 a free month of subscription. Yes. Would I be mad if they gave all the players regardless of having a level 50 toon a free month? No. Why would I? And to be honest, if you don't plan on playing at least 3-5 hours a week on an MMO, why play one at all? All MMO's require time and some dedication. If you think I'm mistaken, I'm sorry for you but it's the truth and you are better off playing a game like Diablo or Guildwars that dont require as much time and dedication and may fit your playing time. Just saying.

You say "to single one group out based NOT on amount of money paid or support to the company but instead to base it on play style is not a good business decision" What kind of playstyle are your referring to that 4 months down the road you don't have a 50 yet?  Assuming we are still talking about people who bought the game on day 1. Are you telling me that you like to play ALTs to  X level , then stop and level another toon to X level, rinse and repeat? You don't want to reach endgame on any toon on an MMO? Really? And complain because some kind of reward was giving to people who has? Or are you one of the many that stopped playing for X amount of time, then came back and now wish you had stayed and had a 50 so you could get a free month and most likely leave again after that? Either way, its your choosing of playstyle that you don't have a 50 yet and you shouldn't feel its unfair.

As it's your first post I thought you were trolling first. But as you wrote it thoroughly, that's not the case. So it is really a sad post :o) Once again, you could have 100 level 49 alts and involve in lots of mmo activities (not giving xp) and still not be level 50. ONCE AGAIN as it has been said 100000000 times in these forums levelling and top level isn't a priority for a good chunk of people. MMO's should be about choice as they are the largest and most complex video games of all genres. It has nothing to do with dedication or time spent in the game. The OP could be hundred times more dedicated with this game and have spent hundred times more than any unique level 50. How the f*ck is that hard to understand? And why shouldn't he be entitled to a reward as any level 50?

By the way, enjoy your support of such catastrophic decision to split their already dwindling community. Such nonsense is killing your game; when you are left with F2P, a meager fanboi playerbase, rare updates (because of lacking funds) and an obvious failure, you'll see how well they managed their game and how cool you were to support their way of thinking and this kind of decisions. But you'll be elsewhere in another mmo already, at top level, seeing that as a new goal achieved, frowning about any players enjoying their game instead of rushing and sitting at top level like you *sigh*

People say we had a choice and we chose NOT to get to level 50 and get a reward.  in order to make a choice, you have to know the consequences.  A person who never smoked, ate right and exercised but still got cancer did not MAKE A CHOICE to get cancer.  This whole argument that not leveling to 50 somehow earned us the right to be second class customers is ridiculous. 

I urge you to post on any forums you are involved with and email any publications you have contact information for about how you feel about this situation and the way Bioware has treated its PAYING customers. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

It's perfectly fair and you should let them know that you'll look for a game that values you more.

I hit level 50 fairly early and had a second char pretty close.  I'll probably take them up on their 7 day offer to level alts, but there's no way they'll get a sub out of me until they add cross server FP finders.