Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont have a level 50? Drop sub for a month.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Giddian

It didn't take long to hit 50. If you havnt hit 50 by now and your a Founding member, your not dedicated. As far as the end game sucking? I agree, nothing to do with the 50 when you hit it, So I start a new toon. I am a Casual player and had NO Problem hitting 50, so saying, I work, I have a Life.... Me too and still hit 50.

Ah, so only dedicated players should be rewarded with free time, we "slackers" who saw no reason to get to 50 knowing full well how much the end game blows don't.

Right. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Drakxii

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Bioware acts so wierd. I've never heard of something like this before.

Really? Winback promotions are as common as dirt. I have companies calling me every week. I wish they would stop. If they wanted me for a customer they wouldn't have treated me like shit to begin with. Not that Bioware has ever been unreasonable, cable/ sattelite companies sure are.

Of course winback promotions are common. Giving one portion a free month while the rest get nothing is not common. I have never seen it done in this way. And it was an awful way to handle things. If you have, can you please tell me about it?

my phone company recently offered 10 buck discounts to its blackberry customers. mind you, i had to switch a plan.

to be honest, it was well deserved. they already gouge us enough.

they didn't offer anyone else 10 bucks off.

i think their reasoning would have been "you don't have a blackberry." in the same reasoning ea would say "you don't have a level 50."

besides, given the reality of the game's tenuous position, a free month isn't exactly a gold nugget.

That you had to switch plans makes it different.  Not all plans or phones are same.   All SWTOR subs are the same, okay they cost a little less if you get more days but each sub offers the same game, the same crap support and the same lieing devs. 

Also did your phone company give you a chance to change to a blackberry or did they just give people that already had blackberries a discount without offering anyone that changed to a blackberry a discount?

oh yeah, all the difference in the world. i mean, it didn't include the iphones or any other phone, but you know.

all the difference in the world.

just like everyone being OFFERED the 50 has to stay subscribed for another month, right?

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Talonsin

Apparently level 50's are leaving the game so Bioware decided to give them a free month of gametime.  If you paid the same price and have been a founding member but did not get a char to 50, you are not worthy of the gift.  The only way we can get game companies to see the error of this, is if we drop our subs.

I say, lets all drop our subs for the month of May and send Bioware a clear message that just because some of us dont rush though the content or have 20 hours a week to play, we should be worth just as much since we pay just as much as the other subscribers.  You can resub if you still like the game but dropping the sub for a week or two in May would really help to send the message that all PAYING customers should be treated equally.

If you are on other game forums, please pass this message on.

Thanks

Another example of the war machine gone awry.  I don't have anything against Bioware or anyone with a level fifty toon either,I would hate to be discriminated against simply because I'm an altaholic and I think folks who are attached to the idea of having a max level character or get attached to that one character would feel the same way.

The thing about this issue for me is I would gladly pay my monthly even if they didn't offer bored on the fence players a deal to keep them around so why let this ruffle my feathers?

I grow tired though of the constant complaining from people who purchase a game spend every minute of free time grinding that game to max level only to declare it's ease a month later.  If you spend 8 hours a day for thirty days playing that game to reach that level why should I be expected to hold that against the dev.

The toughest mmorpg I played to max out was maybe SWG and while some of you may be excited for the day when the scale is stretched that far out again I for one am not,  I don't see what makes the fact that it takes six months to level such a great thing if the games aren't providing little more than the mobs to kill to that point.

Really? Winback promotions are as common as dirt. I have companies calling me every week. I wish they would stop. If they wanted me for a customer they wouldn't have treated me like shit to begin with. Not that Bioware has ever been unreasonable, cable/ sattelite companies sure are.

Of course winback promotions are common. Giving one portion a free month while the rest get nothing is not common. I have never seen it done in this way. And it was an awful way to handle things. If you have, can you please tell me about it?

my phone company recently offered 10 buck discounts to its blackberry customers. mind you, i had to switch a plan.

i think their reasoning would have been "you don't have a blackberry." in the same reasoning ea would say "you don't have a level 50."

besides, given the reality of the game's tenuous position, a free month isn't exactly a gold nugget.

It's not the same if you are switching your plan and they are giving you $10 to do that. Not even close. 

And really, we're talking about MMORPG players and Biowares ability to manage reputation. They have shown again and again how terrible they have been at it. I don't think of myself as a SWTOR hater or anything, but they just keep doing these really wierd things that could have been handled a lot better.

Removing Ilum (This was a huge promised feature that they were going to work on and then one day they jsut scrapped it)

Not adding Ranked PvP in 1.2 and then commenting how they are now hoping to get it in before 1.3

Giving only level 50s a free month (instead of basing it on actual commitment to the game)

I'm sure the peoeple that have been playing since release could list a few more, but they are not very good at managing expectations and they don't follow through with a lot of important things.

sigh.

you guys should put your brains together. you might actually manage to make one full-thinking mind.

the point is, ea/bw made an OFFER you can have a free month IF you stay. i got an extra 10 bucks IF i stayed. not much difference, pal.

if you can't see their problems with ilum etc are due to the mechanics of their engine and it's no doubt not as easy as you'd like it to be, then really...

giving the 50s a free month was giving a bunch of bored customers incentive to stay one more month so they'll see if 1.2 can keep them loyal. as i said, it's the 50s who were leaving in droves.

anyone playing since release should be 50. hell, i was close enough and i started ages after release. and i played it SLOW and logged in only once or twice a week and endured enough downtime to have made my own game.

i really think some of you poor lost lambs need to pull your heads out and if you love this game as much as you think you do, appreciate they're trying to fix it for you. i mean, show a little gratitude for that.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

It didn't take long to hit 50. If you havnt hit 50 by now and your a Founding member, your not dedicated. As far as the end game sucking? I agree, nothing to do with the 50 when you hit it, So I start a new toon. I am a Casual player and had NO Problem hitting 50, so saying, I work, I have a Life.... Me too and still hit 50.

Really, so knowing end game sucks, and has sucked since release, what exactly gives these people the incentive to take the ride all the way to 50 when they are pretty much only leveling for the story? To me the people who capped out and found f*ck all to do, deserve no better treatment than those that avoided capping out because they knew there was currently no point. If both parties payed the same subscription fees to play the same broken game, they deserve equitable recompense for their loyalty.

"Drivin that train, high on cocaine, Bioware you better watch your speed. Trouble ahead, trouble behind, and with this promotion, I think they just done lost their mind."

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Yes, getting to 50 is easy, but it should not be a requirement. People should be able to play how they want, and with the comments of game feeling flat at 50, and they like the game, some people are more inclined to keep playing through alts as opposed to getting a character to 50, to avoid end game as long as possible.

They did not say dedicated, they said loyal customers

Loyalty = constantly subbing and playing, not hitting 50, epecailly if got to 50 by Jan 20th, and then quit, but to resub before Apr 12th.

Even if it is dedicated - levelling loads of alts not to level 50 > levelling one to 50, especially if quit and then resubbed

This deal will only make people get to 50 faster now, to qualify for a deal like this in future, and once at 50 will then will more likely quit, so the amount of quitters will increase at a faster rate.

It's not the same if you are switching your plan and they are giving you $10 to do that. Not even close. 

And really, we're talking about MMORPG players and Biowares ability to manage reputation. They have shown again and again how terrible they have been at it. I don't think of myself as a SWTOR hater or anything, but they just keep doing these really wierd things that could have been handled a lot better.

Removing Ilum (This was a huge promised feature that they were going to work on and then one day they jsut scrapped it)

Not adding Ranked PvP in 1.2 and then commenting how they are now hoping to get it in before 1.3

Giving only level 50s a free month (instead of basing it on actual commitment to the game)

I'm sure the peoeple that have been playing since release could list a few more, but they are not very good at managing expectations and they don't follow through with a lot of important things.

sigh.

you guys should put your brains together. you might actually manage to make one full-thinking mind.

the point is, ea/bw made an OFFER you can have a free month IF you stay. i got an extra 10 bucks IF i stayed. not much difference, pal.

if you can't see their problems with ilum etc are due to the mechanics of their engine and it's no doubt not as easy as you'd like it to be, then really...

giving the 50s a free month was giving a bunch of bored customers incentive to stay one more month so they'll see if 1.2 can keep them loyal. as i said, it's the 50s who were leaving in droves.

anyone playing since release should be 50. hell, i was close enough and i started ages after release. and i played it SLOW and logged in only once or twice a week and endured enough downtime to have made my own game.

i really think some of you poor lost lambs need to pull your heads out and if you love this game as much as you think you do, appreciate they're trying to fix it for you. i mean, show a little gratitude for that.

No they aren't. They are doing it to keep from losing their shirts. Please stop with the bombastic horse shit.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

There is nothing really wrong with give one porition a free month but you just should give it who have been with you the longest or since the being not those that rushed to the end.   What bioware is doing would be like if a resturant gave anyone with a ballcap on a discount instead of the customers with a loyalty card a discount. 

I agree. If they were going to do it at all, it should have been those that were paying since release. That is a loyalty bonus that makes sense. 

When I first read the incentive lvl 50 players were getting my first thought was, adding more fuel to the fire, more bitching and whinning.

I simply don't care, I have been slowly leveling 3 classes since release not one of my characters are at 50 yet.

I find it funny so many of you feel left out and feel so privileged. I'm pretty sure if you guys go to SWTOR forum complain enough about it that they may have a change of heart. This really shows where all the tears come from.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

This game really has a lot of apologists. Maybe they all do.

Originally posted by StoneRoses

There is nothing really wrong with give one porition a free month but you just should give it who have been with you the longest or since the being not those that rushed to the end.   What bioware is doing would be like if a resturant gave anyone with a ballcap on a discount instead of the customers with a loyalty card a discount. 

I agree. If they were going to do it at all, it should have been those that were paying since release. That is a loyalty bonus that makes sense. 

When I first read the incentive lvl 50 players were getting my first thought was, adding more fuel to the fire, more bitching and whinning.

I simply don't care, I have been slowly leveling 3 classes since release not one of my characters are at 50 yet.

I find it funny so many of you feel left out and feel so privileged. I'm pretty sure if you guys go to SWTOR forum complain enough about it that they may have a change of heart. This really shows where all the tears come from.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Says the guy who only comes here to insult and repudiate posters who do not share his own glowing opinion of the game. Pots and kettles mate?

• DahlifyrDahlifyr Member UncommonPosts: 134

The only ones that should have an "thank you" and a free month are the ones that have been here from Day 1! You know it, i know it and Bioware should know it and understand better.

Everything else is just fundamental wrong.

They are so desperate at the moment, so they dont even think before acting anymore.

• bakon2bakon2 Member UncommonPosts: 129

don't worry about it guys...i put a call in to the naacp and good ole al sharpton and jesse jackson are coming to  our rescue!!!!!

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

oh yeah, all the difference in the world. i mean, it didn't include the iphones or any other phone, but you know.

all the difference in the world.

just like everyone being OFFERED the 50 has to stay subscribed for another month, right?

Unless EA billing system works differently then I think I it does, theu do.  I would guess it is auto added to your sub time.   This way the COE and keep talking his about 1.7 without really lieing.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

Originally posted by Tardcore

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Says the guy who only comes here to insult and repudiate posters who do not share his own glowing opinion of the game. Pots and kettles mate?

Thx for the old reference old timer!

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Thanks for the expected puerile response.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

There is speculation on the ofiicial game forums that the free month for level 50's is to soothe the anger of those that were waiting on the 1.2 patch to deliver ranked war zones.   Either way, it smells like a marketing tactic to boost numbers and allude to a larger than actual player base.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Lovely you and I have pet names now!

sigh.

No they aren't. They are doing it to keep from losing their shirts. Please stop with the bombastic horse shit.

that's not quite an adequate usage of "bombastic" but still, it's nice to see someone trying to extend their vocabulary and i'm all for that.

of COURSE they're trying not to lose their shirts.

here's another word to look up while you're looking up "bombastic"; business.

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Well there's a little boy waitin' at the counter of a corner shop

He's been waitin' down there, waitin' half the day

They never ever seem to have the time

He gets pushed around, knocked to the ground

He gets to his feet and he says;

"What About me, it isn't fair

I've had enough now I want my share

Can't you see? I wanna live!

But you just take more than you give..."

Well there's a pretty girl servin' at the counter of a corner shop

She's been waitin' back there, waitin' for her dream

And dreams walk in and out, they never stop

Well she's not too proud to cry out loud

She runs to the street and she screams;

But you just take more than you give..." (More than you give)

Take a step back and see the little people

There's nothin there but the words that make the big people big

So listen, as they whisper;

"What about me? ..."

Now we're standin' on the corner of a world gone home

Nobody's changed, nobody's been saved

And I'm feelin' cold and alone

I guess I'm lucky, I smile a lot

But sometimes I wish for more than I've got...

But you just take more - What about me?!

It isn't fair!

I've had enough now I want my share!

But you just take more,

You just take more,

You just take more than you give...

What about me?

What about me?

What about me?

sigh.

that's not quite an adequate usage of "bombastic" but still, it's nice to see someone trying to extend their vocabulary and i'm all for that.

I think it is you who does not understand the meaning of the word. By belittling the customers who are upset with a broken product, and then further upset by what seems to be an arbitrary and unfair recompense for said broken product, and trying to paint them as the villain of the piece for being a bunch of ungrateful spoiled serfs for not appreciating all the hard work this poor beleaguered company is doing for them, just out of the kindness of their heart, all while speaking down to them in the manner you would use to a trying child, is pure bombast.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

sigh.

I think it is you who does not understand the meaning of the word. By belittling the customers who are upset with a broken product, and then further upset by what seems to be an arbitray and unfair recompsense for said broken product, and trying to paint them as the villian of the peice for being a bunch of ungrateful spoiled serfs for not appreciating all the hard work this poor beleaguered company is doing for them, just out of the kindness of their heart, all while speaking down to them in the manner you would use to a trying child, is pure bombast.

*slow clap*

That was a tasty sentence.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I personally don't care about this promotion, but I do have to scratch my head at the rapid apologists here who think that people who haven't hit 50 are somehow less worthy customers.

I started playing this game a day before the "official" release and I don't have a level 50 character yet. I have two that are in the 40s, one that is in the high 20s and two that are in the teens. I watch every cutscene and do every quest available. I experiment with different armour and crafting professions. I also have a real job that doesn't allow me to sit around the house all day long and play games. I have been a staunch supporter of this game for two years.

So in closing, you people are no more important as a customer than me. Have a nice day.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    If Bioware rescued a kitten out of a tree they would probably crush a puppy to death stepping off the ladder.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by ktanner3

I personally don't care about this promotion, but I do have to scratch my head at the rapid apologists here who think that people who haven't hit 50 are somehow less worthy customers.

It's simple. They got theirs and they couldn't care less about anyone else. In fact, they'd rather they just shut the hell up about it.

Welcome to the toxic MMO community lol.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

"WHAT ABOUT ME?"

Lovely you and I have pet names now!

LOL. Sounds like the tag line to a bad 1970s American TV show.

"Purile and Old Timer! They're cops!"