Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting to feel really sorry for Aussies and Asian players

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

I always moaned about feeling like a second class consumer next to North Americans but wow, Aussies/Nzers and Asian players are really getting shafted hard in this game with the maintenance periods. Effects me a bit sometimes as I often get to work nights and I regularly play around the time of maintenance but seriously BW have to soon address this growing problem. Just looking at the patch notes.. does it really take four hours to implement such minor fixes? Could you even go as far as saying that if they actually didn't try and rush 1.2, they wouldn't need to release patches the day after and once again screw many of their active subscribers at primetime?   

Comments

• ersingibleersingible Member Posts: 70

Two days in a row now they did this.

Prime time AUS.

At least, SWTOR is the only MMO I know that actually have a (physically) regional server that gives us <50ms ping.

*sigh*

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by ersingible

Two days in a row now they did this.

Prime time AUS.

At least, SWTOR is the only MMO I know that actually have a (physically) regional server that gives us <50ms ping.

*sigh*

Yeah you guys must dread patch days. They really should reimburse you all with a free day of play each month to cover it. 

This was part of the reason why I quit playing EVE.

They shut down their servers every day between 9pm and 10pm (AUS).

It was ridiculous.

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

One fecking hour? you really are that impatient lol ?

Originally posted by wyldmagik

I get to play from about 8-830pm and need to get to bed around 1030-11pm. Yah I have a job.

This effectively gave me <1hr a day, which is not worth the sub.

"lol"

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

i'm with him on eve. i loved the game, but hardly got to play. you get home at 7, eat and log on and it's ready to close at 8. sure, eve sometimes only had hiccup breaks, but as the guy said - sometimes it meant you weren't playing at all that night.

i eventually quit, too. not enough late nights with my early morning starts at work, so hardly saw the game being up.

swtor pretty much does my head in on this, too. you log on and it's going offline for 6 hours. thanks.

edit: lol.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

It was ridiculous.

It's about 20minutes now.

Additionally, it wasn't why you quit - just the one superfluous reason you picked for the sake of this thread.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4

Originally posted by Quesa

It was ridiculous.

Additionally, it wasn't why you quit - just the one superfluous reason you picked for the sake of this thread.

it actually was why i quit. there's no need to make assumptions just because you wanted to use the word "superfluous."

There are many more things going on than patch notes will EVER describe.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

More like one hour in the middle of your primetime making you unable to take on large endevours for multiple hours and ruining the overall flow.

Or are you a jobless basement dweller who plays all day and can't for the life of him imagine *other* people may not have several hours which they can freely switch?

Get some common sense.

Originally posted by headphones

It was ridiculous.

it actually was why i quit. there's no need to make assumptions just because you wanted to use the word "superfluous."

No, it wasn't.  That is such an asinine reason to leave a game.  If you like a game, a 1 hour interruption wouldn't be the true reason you would stop playing it.  That would mean you would not be playing any US based game that has any form of downtime because I guarantee you, it's going to be in that same slot.

Originally posted by skydiver12

More like one hour in the middle of your primetime making you unable to take on large endevours for multiple hours and ruining the overall flow.

Or are you a jobless basement dweller who plays all day and can't for the life of him imagine *other* people may not have several hours which they can freely switch?

Get some common sense.

Ahh yes, adding insults to an argument. 

Well played sir.

It was ridiculous.

Hey, I also know a good word:  "FLUORESCENT" !

Originally posted by headphones

It was ridiculous.

No, it wasn't.  That is such an asinine reason to leave a game.  If you like a game, a 1 hour interruption wouldn't be the true reason you would stop playing it.  That would mean you would not be playing any US based game that has any form of downtime because I guarantee you, it's going to be in that same slot.

you're absolutely right. i should have continued to play a game i wasn't actually getting much time to play due to their downtimes. how silly of me to think i should pay for something i can actually play.

totally retarded.

most mmos don't have a nightly switch-off, wallace. that's the issue here. a once-weekly thing we've gotten used to. i mean, i already know i'm not going to play any mmo on a tuesday, because they all seem to choose tuesdays to switch off. but when a game switches itself off every single night, well... it meant that i ended up looking around for something to play while eve was offline... and you know, that means you end up paying for that. no point having two subs if you end up playing one more than the other. so...

i loved eve. i really did. i love the concept of it a great deal.

just wish it wasn't turning itself off every time i logged in.

given what i'm telling you, i suggest you go look up "asinine" in the dictionary. it doesn't apply to my side of this argument.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

yeah playing on an asian server might suck because of maintenance times but its always heavy traffic at prime time so there's a bright side :)