Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free 30days

Did anyone else get an email with a free 30 days and pet with the launch of 1.2? 

Comments

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Probably phising... what's the address of the sender?

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Everyone with a lvl 50 got 30 free days and pet.
  • minime2minime2 Member Posts: 113

Only if you have an active recurring sub not just lvl 50 character .

• CordezCordez Member Posts: 6

I cancelled my sub still got it..so maybe everyone?

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I have a cancelled sub, but was able to log on after the patch hit.  I think us unsubbed folks get 7 days to play the new patch.  I have not received any type of email whatsoever.  Just read about the 7 days on the forums.

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

Yeah, cancelled 2 weeks ago and got the letter today.

I especially love the opening - "...You are one of our most active and valued high level players..." Yeah. Active.

No thanks.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Well then...

Then perhaps if you have had an active sub within a certain date, and time, because I played when it launched, but only for a month, and I haven't recieved any email.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

A cancelled sub is still considered active until the time runs out.

The requirements for the free 30 days appear to be

- Active Sub as at 12th April

- Level 50 character

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

They can keep the shit, my sub ends this month thank god....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Originally posted by elocke

I have a cancelled sub, but was able to log on after the patch hit.  I think us unsubbed folks get 7 days to play the new patch.  I have not received any type of email whatsoever.  Just read about the 7 days on the forums.

Yes it works something like this.

Currently have no subscription?

- 7 days access (13th to 19th April)

Currently have a subscription but no level 50?

- Some ugly pet

Currently have a subscription and a level 50?

- 30 days free game time + the ugly pet

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Don't know if I'm eligible for that 7 days, because I never subbed past free month but thought I'd give it a go and try out in case I would be.

Started installer this morning and made sure the game was downloading properly and left to work. When I got back, the installer had stopped and said there has occured an error and offered a repair.

I had similar problem back then when I first tried to install the game from my DVD's and got it solved to play the game. This time I just pressed cancel and removed everything the installer had downloaded.

Shame, I would've wanted to try it out just to see how it is (carcrash symptome, I know).

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by DanitaKusor

- Some ugly pet

To clarify, its active game time not a subscription. You could have cancelled your sub and as long as you had X days remaining play time on the account by the cut off time yesterday you'd be eligable.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by sinjin

They can keep the shit, my sub ends this month thank god....

Like you are under a system of Forced (pun intended) play while you have a sub...hehe

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Pelaaja

Don't know if I'm eligible for that 7 days, because I never subbed past free month but thought I'd give it a go and try out in case I would be.

Started installer this morning and made sure the game was downloading properly and left to work. When I got back, the installer had stopped and said there has occured an error and offered a repair.

I had similar problem back then when I first tried to install the game from my DVD's and got it solved to play the game. This time I just pressed cancel and removed everything the installer had downloaded.

Shame, I would've wanted to try it out just to see how it is (carcrash symptome, I know).

Based on what little I played, which wasn't much considering I don't raid, it's impossible to find groups for FPs, I don't really PVP and I can't stand doing dailies, you aren't missing much.  UI is easier to manage now which is nice, and some nice changes to companion gifts and crew skills...and combat might be a tad faster, but there isn't anything in the legacy tree that made me go "Whoa! I gotta play some alts!".

Plus, half the legacy rewards cost a ton of in game money that I'm no where near having, so another reason for me to NOT play.  Funny that.  IMO, Bioware better start making engrossing and compelling gameplay or there won't be a game for me to come back to in a year, heh.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

My subscription actually lapsed yesterday, and though I feel I've seen enough of the game to be pleasantly finished with it forever, seven more days will get me to log back in. It's not a very good comparison, but it's almost like someone giving you free food: it would feel like a waste not to eat it.

Touche, Bioware. Touche.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ersingibleersingible Member Posts: 70

AUS playes should also be eligible for this, regardless of having a 50 or not.

Every time there is a patch or a fix, they shut down the servers during prime time aus.

So we are paying for game time we don't actually get.

*EDIT:  someone mentioned ppl with no 50s get a pet?   If so, I want this to be a IRL pet (that I can play with offline) while they do their "server maintenance". >:(

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by DanitaKusor

- Some ugly pet

Yeah those who have been subbed from the start and not dropped their subscription, should have gotten free 30 days. They are more loyal than those who went to 50 within 30 days and quit, then returned by Apr 12th. I would not have qualified for 30 days if they that, but it would have been more fair to those still liking the game, playing and subbing.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hm, I have 2 level 50ies, sub runs out in 2 days, but I didn't get any mail, 7 or 30 days whatsoever.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
This discussion has been closed.