Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Game Face: Most Surprising Games of PAX East

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In her latest video for MMORPG.com, Pokket discusses what she found as the most surprising games at PAX East 2012. See what you think and then weigh in on the comments. Check out Game Face: Most Surprising Games of PAX East.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91

to be honest i have'nt heard of any of those games except neverwinter and that was a few days ago when you had a interview with the guys playing it. they all look like a ton of fun but im still looking forward to guild wars 2! cant wait for that game.

madnessman

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Gotta say, Neverwinter looked fun. However GW2 will be my game for the foreseeable future.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Smite looks interesting.   I'm one of those people who plays a MOBA for half an hour and isn't pulled in due to the map management and top down viewpoint.  So, this new viewpoint in Smite might just be what hooks me on a MOBA that I want to keep playing.  Guess we'll find out.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

I have been following Neverwinter for a while and its looking good.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

"Whoa, my lightbulb just went crazy."

Blooper reel!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

"I watched my dad play D&D".

Thanks for making me feel old Pokket. Yep we old timers love our tabletop RPGs.

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Neverwinter can only be an improvement over the tragically misguided DDO. My only misgiving is that it's using the Cryptic engine, aka the loading screen engine.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

I don't like the  artistic direction of Smite it  has a retro cartoony feel to it.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Neverwinter is free to play? Nice.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Neverwinter looks surprisingly good.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by OSF8759

Neverwinter can only be an improvement over the tragically misguided DDO. My only misgiving is that it's using the Cryptic engine, aka the loading screen engine.

Is it definitely the same engine?  From those vids it looks nothing like STO or CO, by any stretch.  If it is, holy crap they overhauled it like crazy.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Really if Pokket could lower her vocal range by half an octave the Game Face shorts would be greatly improved for my ears. Slower, deeper tones would work well.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i did buy NS2 almost 3 years ago ... still not ready ...

BestSigEver :P

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Natural Selection 2 looking amazing! :o

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

GW2.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

We need more games like savage 1/2 so I welcome developers trying strategy/fps mmos.

Talking about game 2:30

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I don't think its a con that the raid size is 5 in Neverwinter.

I don't want to get too hyped about that game for obvious reasons, but all this coverage does peek my interest.

Obviously, my most anticipated game is GW2. Neverwinter is growing on me, but I will continue to bash happily bash Cryptic until they prove their reputation wrong(which I hope they do).

• ScyfoScyfo Member Posts: 7

Neverwinter looks great, of course Guild Wars 2 wasn't there but I must say Guild Wars 2 will be my life for a while....long...long time.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

Firefall, Neverwinter, GW2, and now Smite are all on my free to play radar. 

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• storm-dragonstorm-dragon Member Posts: 157

looking forward to Neverwinter.

This sword here at my side dont act the way it should
    Keeps calling me its master, but I feel like its slave
    Hauling me faster and faster to an early, early grave
    And it howls! it howls like hell!

• knightprodigknightprodig Member CommonPosts: 14

Been following NW for a while now, I'm glad they finally decided to make it an MMO again.

TSW, NW, GW2... in that order.

• JeffJ200JeffJ200 Member UncommonPosts: 17

"Why so serious?' today Pokket

• saktronsaktron Member UncommonPosts: 5

I liked the hair-do, it was very cute.

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

i wont bother with cheap f2p games

p2p for the win