Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Friend Codes for YOU!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The TERA open beta is scheduled to begin on April 19th (for pre-orders and the 20th for regular folk) and we here at MMORPG.com want to make sure our readers are squared away for the big day. To that end, we have a special beta code for you to use. Simply sign up on the TERA forums and plug "TERABETA" into the appropriate slot. Then get yourself ready to go for April 19th!

Create your forum account on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I was shocked when I read the following in my mail

Your TERA journey starts here. There will be no character wipe following the Open Beta Test!

So essentially it simply a free trail. I dont understand, why not simply call it release and say "We give everyone x amount of days/weeks to try the game out". 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

If you preordered there is no wipe.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Just wondering, does this mean, if you have been in previous closed beta weekends, you are NOT eligible for this?(IE have to set up a new account?) cuz i can't find where to put this "TERABETA" code thing. :P

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

Just wondering, does this mean, if you have been in previous closed beta weekends, you are NOT eligible for this?(IE have to set up a new account?) cuz i can't find where to put this "TERABETA" code thing. :P

So your account has access to everything (pre-order) and you are asking if you need to make a new account to have access to the OPEN beta?

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by Sovrath

If you preordered there is no wipe.

There is no wipe.  EME said they will erase unused accounts to free up names a few months after launch.

You can play without a sub for only the length of open beta.  Headstart/launch/onwards requires a sub.

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

Dont forget the level cap is 32 aswell =)

• talonkuntalonkun Member Posts: 13

This whole pre-order thing is stupid. We all know they're going to do free trial play level 1 to 20, just like Rift. So why don't they just do that instead of this stupid open beta thing and potentially confusing people and pushing them away. In any case I don't think this game will survive even when it goes free to play (which it will) in the future. Not that it benefits me or that I take any particular pleasure in seeing this game fail. Just saying my prediction, with heavy weights like GW2 and The Secret World releasing in about 2 months time and that's also not including non-mmo games like Bioshock Infinite and Starcraft 2:Heart of the Swarm. Tera offers nothing "new" or "unique". But then again, kids care more about the graphics than anything else.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by talonkun

This whole pre-order thing is stupid. We all know they're going to do free trial play level 1 to 20, just like Rift. So why don't they just do that instead of this stupid open beta thing and potentially confusing people and pushing them away. In any case I don't think this game will survive even when it goes free to play (which it will) in the future. Not that it benefits me or that I take any particular pleasure in seeing this game fail. Just saying my prediction, with heavy weights like GW2 and The Secret World releasing in about 2 months time and that's also not including non-mmo games like Bioshock Infinite and Starcraft 2:Heart of the Swarm. Tera offers nothing "new" or "unique". But then again, kids care more about the graphics than anything else.

and Diablo 3. 

• sorakinsorakin Member Posts: 7
    -.- I like how you reply to yourself...
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by sorakin

-.- I like how you reply to yourself...

I like how you make no sense ... 

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159

The only thing Tera offers that is "new" or "unique" to the genre is enjoyment.  f2p in three months MAX.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Impulse47

The only thing Tera offers that is "new" or "unique" to the genre is enjoyment.  f2p in three months MAX.

I agree with this to a point.  I might actually be able to play an MMO for more that a couple weeks without losing the urge to log in.  F2P? That's up to EME but I think that if they hold strong for about three months after GW2 comes out they will see a rise in sub numbers.

Regarding the guy with the one sided conversation.  If you would have made it less obvious had you not had "kun" at the end of both names.  Regarding your comments, you really consider TSW a "heavy weight"? You opinion is yous but TERA is recieving far more attention from the community.

Say what you want, TERA is a quality AAA MMO with a lot of features that is fun to play.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• dragonsidragonsi Member UncommonPosts: 74

Ok. WELLLLLLL Suzie Ford, why don't we give CREDIT where credit is due, first of all. *I* posted this in the comments section of the Tera Open Beta article yesterday already. I just did not know how to create and publish a new article at all, and I thought I would be nice and share my code I got in my email for all friends to use.

And secondly, you are WRONG about the date, ONLY pre-orders will be allowed to enter on the 19th. Anyone using this actual code here and who has not already pre-ordered will only be allowed to enter at 3 PM EST, on the 20th, a whole 24 hours after all the pre-orders have started playing. So anyone attempting to use the code that I posted on the 19th will not get in until the next day.

Here is the link to my comment that I made previously on the Open Beta topic:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4894449#4894449

Here is the whole email that En Masse sent me yesterday:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TERA's open beta is fast approaching!

As a pre-order holder and loyal fan of TERA, you can start playing in the open beta on April 19 at 12:00 PM PDT, a full day ahead of everyone else!

Your TERA journey starts here. There will be no character wipe following the Open Beta Test!

As a pre-order holder, you have exclusive access to the following bonuses:

• Early Character Creation -- Reserve your unique character name starting Friday, April 13!

• Open Beta Head Start -- Be there when it all begins! Get a 24-hour head start playing in the open beta.
    Check out the TERA Launch Schedule for more details regarding your pre-order bonuses!

The open beta will use a new build of TERA requiring a 4.3 GB patch. Make sure to run your launcher to download the patch so you're ready to go on April 19!

Your account is already activated to play in the Open Beta Test. You do not need to take any further action.

Want to play with friends in the beta? Pass them the friend code below:

TERA Open Beta Friend Code:

TERABETA

Beta Test Hours:

Pre-order to start playing in the Open Beta one day early!

• Open Beta (Pre-order Exclusive Event): 

Thursday, April 19 @ 12:00 PM PDT - Friday, April 20 @ 12:00 PM PDT

• Open Beta (Open Event): 

Friday, April 20 @ 12:00 PM PDT - Sunday, April 23 @ 11:59 PM PDT

To start your TERA adventure:

1. Create your En Masse account at https://account.enmasse.com.

2. Use the “Enter Code” feature on the Account Overview page to type in your your game code: TERABETA

3. Download TERA from the Account Overview page and install.

4. Play TERA!

If you have any problems, please visit our customer support site at

tera-support.enmasse.com.

Thanks for pre-ordering TERA and have fun in the beta!

--The En Masse Entertainment Team

• DirkzenDirkzen Member Posts: 144

Just tried to 'install' the game, but it kept failing, and I was like  "Alright..  WTF.."

..until I read that you need 50GB altogether to install this.

25gb to download.  Another 25gb to unpack.   Jesus.  #$%#$^#^.  Christmas.

I'm starting to wish I hadn't been such a cheapskate with my HD space.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by gr0und3d

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

So your account has access to everything (pre-order) and you are asking if you need to make a new account to have access to the OPEN beta?

Just wondering where I mentioned I had access to everything or said i had a pre-order :P

As I said was 'previous beta's' and no, you did not have to pre-order to be in one of the previous beta's.

• dbonelli80dbonelli80 Member Posts: 7

TERA forums and plug "TERABETA" into the appropriate slot. Then get yourself ready to go for April 19th!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by talonkun

This whole pre-order thing is stupid. We all know they're going to do free trial play level 1 to 20, just like Rift. We do know this?  Really?  How?  Rift didn't add a free trial for several months until after launch, WoW didn't for YEARS, so why do you think this game should LAUNCH with a free trial, unlike every game ever? So why don't they just do that instead of this stupid open beta thing and potentially confusing people and pushing them away. Huh?  What are you talking about?  This is a very standard pratice where a game has an open beta before launch...In any case I don't think this game will survive even when it goes free to play (which it will) in the future. Everyone has opinions, and they all stink.  Feel free to voice yours further, however if it continues to be backed up wtih no facts or evidence and merely conjecture be prepaired for many to entirely disreguard your opinion as baseless and valueless. Not that it benefits me or that I take any particular pleasure in seeing this game fail. Just saying my prediction, with heavy weights like GW2 and The Secret World releasing in about 2 months time and that's also not including non-mmo games like Bioshock Infinite and Starcraft 2:Heart of the Swarm. Tera offers nothing "new" or "unique". But then again, kids care more about the graphics than anything else. Ah yes, if you don't like it clearly it must be for "kids"

• mactographymactography Member Posts: 16

In other words like most MMOs these days ,the money men are forcing it to be launched early. Stating May 1st launch but its not really is it? Everyone and anyone can get in pre that time but like all mmos at launch it will be incomplete and buggy and subject to server outage so they cover themselves with this open beta no wipe stuff.

Only the lower ranking games ever allow characters to stay from beta to gold release. And if you guys are saying this is AAA material then its early release not beta as such. Call it like it is lol.