Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA/Bioware has no choice

13»

Comments

• DarthMaulUKDarthMaulUK Member Posts: 296

Many of you have missed the point.

EA/Bioware knew full well PRIOR to the announcement, that 1.2 was not going to include rated war zones. How come, you ask?

Well, for those who dont know, if you logged in to play yesterday, thanks to Biowares stupidity, some players actually had the patch DOWNLOAD and update their game -leaving them unable to play until today - so Bioware claimed.

Never once did they say that the patch needed to be re-downloaded because ranked WZs were left out. So if the patch went live by mistake early, then they knew full well ranked WZs werent making it into the final game.

Either way, for someone such as big as 1.2, providing only 24 hours notice to push it to live and then another announcement at the 11th hour stating no ranked, simply shows that Bioware simply havent a clue how to run a live service.

After they SOE in disguise?

get your 7 day FREE sub to SWTOR
    http://www.swtor.com/r/7DDKjQ

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Kaocan

I'm confused on the OPs standing. You mean if I was someone who dropped my sub months ago because I was unhappy with the content in the game, and then for some stupid reason I resubbed BEFORE 1.2 came out hoping that for some reason the content would have changed BEFORE 1.2 came out, that I should get a refund now? No, that can't be right...oh ok I see what you're saying now. You think that since I couldnt' wait the extra 1-10 days until 1.2 comes out, that EA/BW should refund my  money because they changed thier mind on content PRIOR to putting the patch out with someting bad in it. Hmm...no no that can't be right either. I mean seriously, what kind of an idiot cancels thier sub because they hate the game, then refuses to wait until the patch is live to resub? NO, they shouldn't refund you shit for being a dumb ass. Next time learn to have some patience and wait until that important patch goes live before you resub to a game you already decided wasn't worth your monthly fee anyway. 

Sorry, thats just my opinion there. 

LOL. Best post in this thread by far.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Bardus

Actually it has happen before but in a much larger scale. NGE for SWG and yep they had to do some refunds for it.

Unless my memory is really faulty, they never refunded subs they did refund the xpac that was launching at the same time.  I remember people being up in arms that they had bought year long subs and couldn't get their money back.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I don't think they have to do anything.  They have made it clear they planned on implementing in the future.

These doom and gloom threads come off as nothing more than a child ranting.  Do people think before they post anymore?  Or do they just post whatever emotion they feel at the moment?  It seems all the TOR haters at the moment were the staunch TOR defenders before....same extreme views, just different camps.  Do you guys see what you are doing?

• CrackboneCrackbone Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by grimal

I don't think they have to do anything.  They have made it clear they planned on implementing in the future.

These doom and gloom threads come off as nothing more than a child ranting.  Do people think before they post anymore?  Or do they just post whatever emotion they feel at the moment?  It seems all the TOR haters at the moment were the staunch TOR defenders before....same extreme views, just different camps.  Do you guys see what you are doing?

They defended a game they enjoyed until the developers screwed em. 

Makes sense to me. 

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

If EA can taint the image of a once mega dev like bioware it is going to be fun watching what they do for an already tainted dev like fudgecom and the following TSW meltdown from those who bite into it...

Playing GW2..

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by grimal

I would like to state that I have never defended the bag of crap that is SWTOR, I resent your remark.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lol ea doing refund, lol