Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Ranked Warzones Left Out of v1.2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Daniel Erickson has posted a brief not on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site that explains to players the necessity behind leaving ranked warzones out of the v1.2 patch deployed last night.

After careful consideration, it is clear that to make Ranked Warzones the feature we all want it to be is going to take a bit more time. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause and ask for your patience as we work to make sure the Ranked Warzone Preseason launch is polished and fun.

According to Erickson's post, ranked warzones will be rolled out in stages.

Read the entire note on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Warzones should've been left out from the beginning. Outside of the extremely linear axiom of Bioware, Warzones was seemingly the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced within MMOs.

Warzones, Battlegrounds, Arena, or any other form of instanced PvP is not MMORPG. It's simply a tiny Multiplayer Tool for a few players and has completely dumped on the entire genre.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

cough bait and switch cough

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

1.2 has been announced for how long? And this news emerged during deployment?

Very...

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Warzones should've been left out from the beginning. Outside of the extremely linear axiom of Bioware, Warzones was seemingly the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced within MMOs.

Warzones, Battlegrounds, Arena, or any other form of instanced PvP is not MMORPG. It's simply a tiny Multiplayer Tool for a few players and has completely dumped on the entire genre.

You serious or what???  You should play single player rpg, bg,,wz, arena is most fun in any mmo. Without that i would not even try the game. I have skyrim for pve

Originally posted by palulalula

You serious or what???  You should play single player rpg, bg,,wz, arena is most fun in any mmo. Without that i would not even try the game. I have skyrim for pve

I think mmoDAD was advocating a more open world approach to PvP not PvE, you know, the kind of thing a competent developer can put in a game without being forced to admit failure on its centrepiece and so concentrate on instances

I yearn for World PvP.

The element of surprise, the thrill of the hunt, and the "always checking my back" is far superior to the redundant PvP offered by Battlegrounds and Warzones.

World PvP has rarely been given a fair chance. There are such easy sanctions that can be placed to protect lowbies from high levelers, yet developers refuse to even delve into that realm, as Instanced PvP is much cheaper and easier to design.

SWTOR's PvP is completely void of innovation. I experience larger games in Call of Duty...

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Originally posted by RefMinor

I think mmoDAD was advocating a more open world approach to PvP not PvE, you know, the kind of thing a competent developer can put in a game without being forced to admit failure on its centrepiece and so concentrate on instances

Yeah, all those open world PvP games are smashing successes and everyone wants to copy them...

Oh wait.

They all tank.

:)

Originally posted by eric_w66

Yeah, all those open world PvP games are smashing successes and everyone wants to copy them...

Oh wait.

They all tank.

Well I certainly can't see anyone rushing to copy SWTOR and it's fabled PvP, one fuck up after another after another with a side helping of foot in mouth.
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

this game has become the game of lols and waiting

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I'm glad they left it out rather than launch it if it's not ready (if all the tales are to be believed then PvP is in a horrible state and nowhere near ready for any kind of serious competition), releasing a half baked feature is never good for players.

That being said, it's super shitty/shady that they wait until the NIGHT BEFORE the patch to announce that they're pulling it. It's almost as if they were banking on people keeping their subscriptions active while waiting for it to come out and then pull it at the last minute. Seriously, they should have given some advanced warning that this was a feature that they were considering pulling.

Originally posted by eric_w66

Oh wait.

They all tank.

Really? What about the raging success stories of all the other BG clones? Not only did they tank, but they tanked MUCH HARDER.

• saunasauna Member UncommonPosts: 62

Couldn't agree more. Instanced PVP is a developers shortcut to PVP and is mindnumbingly boring and repetitive. Too few developers design games with an endgame world PVP in mind, but those that do most often see their games live on for years and years.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Zefire

this game has become the game of lols and waiting

Wanted to post just that )) 4 full months after the launch - no acceptable PvP yet. They are holding on  only because it is SW. Any other MMO would have died by the time. And when GW2 launches  they are done - no matter what promises they can implement to date