Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers of Caerus Videos

Just thought I would point out our Youtube Channel, where we have released two gameplay (engine test) videos, some sound work, and a game presentation I gave at a security conference. Check it out, and subscribe for future updates!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForsakenGameStudios/videos

Dave

Comments

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91

Looking forward to the game ever since I heard about it on the sandbox podcast. The basic concepts/ideas sound very solid.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by DaveBelcher

Just thought I would point out our Youtube Channel, where we have released two gameplay (engine test) videos, some sound work, and a game presentation I gave at a security conference. Check it out, and subscribe for future updates!

Dave

Also, we are aware that they *key* reason Richard Garriotts "sim life" technology for UO was due to players killing everything so it not having a chance to repopulate. The technology discussed is to monitor and balance that. Couple that with being open with the players about the fact that creatures once killed are gone, players will know to self-balance.

Have you met the Goons, sir?  :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DaveBelcherDaveBelcher Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I certainly have ;)

Even should they go Locust mode, they will still need to find the things they need to kill, and will ultimately be shooting themselves in the foot by playing that way :)

But sure, we fully expect it to have a bit of a bumpy start, while people get used to a new way of playing like this, so we will be monitoring closely and have a number of contingency plans in place.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Loktofeit

I certainly have ;)

Even should they go Locust mode, they will still need to find the things they need to kill, and will ultimately be shooting themselves in the foot by playing that way :)

But sure, we fully expect it to have a bit of a bumpy start, while people get used to a new way of playing like this, so we will be monitoring closely and have a number of contingency plans in place.

Excellent news. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Jade77Jade77 Member Posts: 11

Oooh nice :)

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Any chance the next video could have a third-person view of the player character?

• Jade77Jade77 Member Posts: 11

Dave

Awesome new video there, great feature.

• RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by Jade77

Dave

Awesome new video there, great feature.

can't wait for the new trailer :D

• HolesonronHolesonron Member Posts: 6

Very interesting thought inspiring videos especially the dungeon one.