Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ranked Warzones will NOT be in 1.2

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Monorojo

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by colddog04

On 2nd thought, this is actually a really good thing.

After doing some research, you can still gear up to War Hero Gear starting tomorrow. That means when ranked warzones come out, there will be a more level playing field. This is what people who seriously PvP want, a pvp arena where gear is not the determinant on who wins.

This is much better than say WvWvW in guild Wars 2, where it will be whoever pays the most cash to get the most seige weapons or whoever has the biggest zerg.

So the sun still shines, and the only thing that is a question is exactly when will they be implementing the ranked warzones. They said theya re doing so in phases, meaning the first phase could be just a week or 2 away (first phase is 8 man teams only, no solo ranking).

I must condemn bioware for this move. Well played!

Huh, just couldn't get away from bashing GW2.

And your argument is that becasue you can grind up to a higher level of gear that will create an even bigger disparity in the gear gap between players entering PvP, it will be a more level playing field.

Good one.

Ranked Warzones are for 50s only fyi. And the extra time to allow those currently playing that do not have full BMg ear to catch up does indeed even the playing field.

I know you guys hate bioware becuase they raped your sister or something, but think with a level head eh trolls?

No, it only allows people that are 50 to grind out the best gear before they launch this thing. (Whenever that will be).

Everyone else that gets to 50 after the ranked PvP is realeased is not on an even playing field. They are at the same disadvantage they are now, except marginally worse because the stats have gone up. Your argument is terrible.

Bioware is terrible at PvP in SWTOR. It may be an opinion, but it's one of those opinions that is shared 10:1.

My argument is set in reality. Those that have played since launch are 50. Those that should be on an even playing field will be when ranked comes out.

[Mod Edit]

SWTOR isn't a carebear MMORPG? HA!

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

My argument is set in reality. Those that have played since launch are 50. Those that should be on an even playing field will be when ranked comes out.

[Mod Edit]

Holy cannoli... I must have been playing the OTHER SWTOR.

I just feel silly now. :(

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

My PvP SWTOR friend won't be happy about this.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

straw camel back
    game set match

I was so sure I could make it to may 15th. anyone wanna play f2p aion for a month?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I can understand PvPers being disappointed, holding back on ranked warzones makes sense if they are not finished polishing things.

However I think the timing of the announcement was very badly planned & looks really cynically like a bait & switch.

Poor show BioWare, poor show.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

Well, in a way, we might just have a SWG 2.0 afterall. Just not in a good sense.

Touche.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Well, in this game Im more of a PVEr so it doesn't affect me much, but I can understand the disappointment from those who were waiting for this. Hopefully the little extra time..if it is little...will make it worthwhile. I know there will be all these Im unsubbing etc, but Im sure many of those same people will be back once it is implemented correctly. From what I read, Bioware listened to the testers. Thats what testing is all about. The test failed, so they are looking to fix it. I know, they should have tested prior to launch with all that money blah blah blah.

There Is Always Hope!

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I (along with most TOR players) could give a Bantha crap less abou PvP and wish they had never included it at all.

BUT even I have to admit this is kinda low.  EA has known when 1.2 was coming at least as far back as PAX. Waiting until the last second to announce this is pretty shitty. No tin-foil hat/conspiracy here, just piss-poor management. This is only the second time that I agree with the haters/shills/what-the-fuck-ever circlejerk posters on here are whinging about (other one being "Hi-rez textures were a bug" bullshit). Bad form EA!

Sometimes it's hard to take up for this game. Trolls nonwithstanding. Bad publicity is bad. Don't feed the Trolls EA!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I was a die hard fan myself when i first started playing and the head of my Republic chapter, but my interest in the game is dwindling daily. I don't PvP that much because I think the PvP is entirely squandered on instanced minigames centered around a gear grind focused on the all-exclusive PvP stat. It feels entirely mechanical, grindy and repetitive. In a game touting story and the big galactic conflict the PvP really has no bearing or effect on the gameworld, the story or the galactic conflict and feels pretty meaningless. Ranked Warzones were really just the inclusion of warzones for premades. The decision to pull Ranked Warzones doesn't really affect me that much, but I can understand the PvP'ers anger over this as well as the general feeling that the timing of the announcement was just piss poor. This is certainly going to cost them subs.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by NMStudio

Something wasn't done as well as they would like in the timeframe they were shooting for, so they decide to wait instead releasing it unfinished...  And somehow the trolls still find a way to call this a failure.

That is the very definition of a failure. 

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It's like Bioware have looked at all my mockery of them and their product and said OK, game on. Well, you win, even I didn't think they were that big a set of screw ups.
  • BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by Gorilla

Something wasn't done as well as they would like in the timeframe they were shooting for, so they decide to wait instead releasing it unfinished...  And somehow the trolls still find a way to call this a failure.

This is the whole grip. I'm stealing this from a poster on the official forum since I can't word it better but it says it all which is bait and switch.

"Here is the Rub. There is NO WAY you guys did not know this wasn't going in. You would of had to Rewrite the Entire patch to remove the Ranked WZ and Que system and Build a Alternative means of getting the gear that was suppose to be tied to the Rated WZ. Then you would of had to send that ReWriten patch threw testing and get it cleared to be launched.

The fact that you are now sending it all back to the Development team and we are now once again Months away before this is even close to going live, just reenforces the fact that you guys knew the situation. Not to mention you are now completely changing the fact that unless you are in a large guild and can field a full team of 8 consistant, you won't even beable to participate in the Ranked WZ when they do go live. Is even a large confirmation that you knew there was Major issues that you were never going to get resolved in time.

Everyone would preffer a Fine tuned release instead of another Failed Ilum attempt but atleast be honest about this whole thing and not pretend that you did not know. Based on a Month plus of Hyping this to the public and Guild Summits and Cons round tables that this was going to be a Signigicant hit to the population and you waited to the last second to annound so you could milk as many of the 1 month of Subs out of people coming back to the game for this one aspect as you could before you let the players in on it.

All this did was create a new Gear Grind to replace the bags rng and removed all aspects of open world pvp that was dead anyway.

My personnel opion is you have been watching the Que times for standard WZ continuely growing longer and longer and saw the pop on the servers dropping and since you can not do Cross Server Ques. You chose to hold it out so you can accomplish server mergers and try and build more healthy server balances before you released it. Again though, you would of known this Long before hours before the launch.

The only real question is, Do you really believe that adding in 1 new WZ and opening up a old WZ to same side play, is going to satisfy the pvp community for the next couple months before you can get the Ranked WZ out to them? I do not believe it is."

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Bardus

Originally posted by Gorilla

This is the whole grip. I'm stealing this from a poster on the official forum since I can't word it better but it says it all which is bait and switch.

"Here is the Rub. There is NO WAY you guys did not know this wasn't going in. You would of had to Rewrite the Entire patch to remove the Ranked WZ and Que system and Build a Alternative means of getting the gear that was suppose to be tied to the Rated WZ. Then you would of had to send that ReWriten patch threw testing and get it cleared to be launched.

The fact that you are now sending it all back to the Development team and we are now once again Months away before this is even close to going live, just reenforces the fact that you guys knew the situation. Not to mention you are now completely changing the fact that unless you are in a large guild and can field a full team of 8 consistant, you won't even beable to participate in the Ranked WZ when they do go live. Is even a large confirmation that you knew there was Major issues that you were never going to get resolved in time.

Everyone would preffer a Fine tuned release instead of another Failed Ilum attempt but atleast be honest about this whole thing and not pretend that you did not know. Based on a Month plus of Hyping this to the public and Guild Summits and Cons round tables that this was going to be a Signigicant hit to the population and you waited to the last second to annound so you could milk as many of the 1 month of Subs out of people coming back to the game for this one aspect as you could before you let the players in on it.

All this did was create a new Gear Grind to replace the bags rng and removed all aspects of open world pvp that was dead anyway.

My personnel opion is you have been watching the Que times for standard WZ continuely growing longer and longer and saw the pop on the servers dropping and since you can not do Cross Server Ques. You chose to hold it out so you can accomplish server mergers and try and build more healthy server balances before you released it. Again though, you would of known this Long before hours before the launch.

The only real question is, Do you really believe that adding in 1 new WZ and opening up a old WZ to same side play, is going to satisfy the pvp community for the next couple months before you can get the Ranked WZ out to them? I do not believe it is."

This is very similar to a few post I had both on the official forums and on here. Stressing the same things regarding other changes that are also being bolstered in patch 1.2...

I think you've officially reached the point where you should unsubscribe from this game if you already haven't. You'll find yourself much more satisfied with your experience in SWTOR; since you won't have one at all..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

The delay is just another way for them to prolong the grind to make up for there isnt anything to do in this game. In a month once all the hard core grinders get there War hero stuff they will make it easy for everyone to get just like they did with valor. Then in 2 months after that they will add another set of armor.

• GjonGjon Member UncommonPosts: 18

I love the franchise and the Old Republic world, but giving my money to a company that thinks shady business practices like this are OK isn't something I'm comfortable with. Adding SWTOR to the long list of MMO letdowns over the last few years.

• chibineko89chibineko89 Member CommonPosts: 107

"This is much better than say WvWvW in guild Wars 2, where it will be whoever pays the most cash to get the most seige weapons or whoever has the biggest zerg."

you can't buy an advantage in gw2 WvWvW all the seige equipment takes supply to build which you get from capturing and holding supply lines, you can't buy supply from the cash shop or with gold. get your facts straight before you spread false information troll.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by chibineko89

"This is much better than say WvWvW in guild Wars 2, where it will be whoever pays the most cash to get the most seige weapons or whoever has the biggest zerg."

you can't buy an advantage in gw2 WvWvW all the seige equipment takes supply to build which you get from capturing and holding supply lines, you can't buy supply from the cash shop or with gold. get your facts straight before you spread false information troll.

Ignore him.  He thinks PVP gear and a PVP stat is a good idea.  Everything PVP related to TOR is terrible.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Pathetic. They probably knew for weeks that it wont be making it so they waited, to one day before to patch release, to announce it so to dupe people into re-subbing for a feature that wont be available. But hey, stay subscribed for another month and then it will probably be in the game image

And people wonder why EA/Bioware are so hated?

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

So glad I didnt take the bait.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Pulling the feature is not a big deal, just how many players would actually care about competitive PvP in enforced 8 men groups anyway ? In game that is, not on the forums. 5% of the playerbase maybe? Probably less than that.

People will remember BioWare not telling until literally hours before the servers went down for the patch though. Wonder how the PvP equipment changes will work out now too...

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Amegashie

Pulling the feature is not a big deal, just how many players would actually care about competitive PvP in enforced 8 men groups ? 5% of the playerbase ? Probably less than that.

People will remember BioWare not telling until literally hours before the servers went down for the patch though. Wonder how the PvP equipment changes will work out now too...

So nearly half of the servers are PVP server and they are as crowded as the pve servers. Still people like you claim that only 5% of the players are interessted in PVP. So how does your 5% theory fit into the reality?

LFG!
  • NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Historically we know that from past studies about 40 - 47% of MMORPG players are participating ona  regular basis in PVP. less then 10% participate in raiding. half of the SWTOR servers are PVP servers and of the 14 servers worldwide with a somewhat  decent population 10 of those are PVP servers. 

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by eHug

Pulling the feature is not a big deal, just how many players would actually care about competitive PvP in enforced 8 men groups ? 5% of the playerbase ? Probably less than that.

So nearly half of the servers are PVP server and they are as crowded as the pve servers. Still people like you claim that only 5% of the players are interessted in PVP.

No, that's not what I claim. Read more carefully and try again.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by eHug

So nearly half of the servers are PVP server and they are as crowded as the pve servers. Still people like you claim that only 5% of the players are interessted in PVP.

No, that's not what I claim. Read more carefully and try again.

You might want to explain what you wrote then. There's no mentionworthy PVP outside of WZ's and WZ balance is a serious issue in most fights. So why would only a small part (5%) of PVPers care about these balancing issue? Where did you get the 5% to start with btw?

LFG!