Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Truly Free 3.0 Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Aion team has sent word that the "Truly Free 3.0" version of the game has officially launched in North America. Aion 3.0 brings new features  into the game including player housing, an increased level cap, player mounts and new content, zones and instances.

Find out more on the Aion site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

going to go log in right now.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

what about the EU version?

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

The EU version went live already some time ago under GameForge.

Anything related to GameForge I avoid like the plague.

So I created an US Aion account and give this one a go.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by JeroKane

you know that ncsoft has with f2p model ZERO customer support and theyr servers are FULL OF BOTTERS. just look at Lineage 2. huge failure.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

when this game first came out was very pretty- and i welcomed it, but it started to become to grindy and the flying was 3sec minimal. i like the fact when you died you lost your xp.

but -meh i lost interest. nice game for graphics.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by makii

Originally posted by JeroKane

you know that ncsoft has with f2p model ZERO customer support and theyr servers are FULL OF BOTTERS. just look at Lineage 2. huge failure.

The GameForge servers aren't any better and are full of botters since day 1 of EU F2P.

Hell, tons of legit players couldn't even log in the first weeks, due to the massive amount of botters taking up all the slots lol.

If I have to choose between NCSoft and GameForge, I take NCSoft in a heartbeat.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Never had an issue with NCSoft. Glad this game is F2P so I can play it again.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Aion was a great idea that suffered from, really, only two things as far as I'm concerned.

1. Everything from gearing to leveling to crafting was a retardedly long grind.

2. Population Imbalance. 

If they fixed these, I mean, the game would be great. Though based on the absurdly high price of Housing... I'm not sure that's case. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Aion's customer service stunk from Day 1.  Does not matter if it is NCsoft or Gameforge.  One reason I won't play the game again. 

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

so... if Aion is truly free now, do I have to buy the game or is it free to download?

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Lol u guys r saying that the --3.0-- version of Aion (im not just talking about f2p BUT the actual 3.0 update with mounts & houses etc)) went live sometime ago, even before it was activated on US servers?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I'm playing.  I really don't like not being able to talk for the first 10 levels.  Other than that, so far it's still the same Aion I remember from before.  Questing seems a bit faster though, so that's good.  Hope I can find a good legion on this new server to join.

• WhiskyjumperWhiskyjumper Member UncommonPosts: 75

I'm pretty excited for it. I'm downloading it now. I don't see what all the complaining is about. It's freakin' free for cryin' out loud. If you play it and don't like it, you have lost nothing. If you do like it, even if only for a little while, you got yourself a great bargin. I for one love it when I can download and play these games for free. 

• KRILE0NKRILE0N Member UncommonPosts: 299

Doesn't matter if it's free.. it still looks like an old turd. The character graphics are nice, but then you look down and the world looks like you're back in EQ1. Yes, the environment textures are that bad. Plus they're using retarded pando media booster, which I've numerous logs of it sitting in background (even after close, requires termination through console). No thanks..

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

there is no grind anymore 3 fixed it today!graphic got an addition today!(america)and god this make a huge difference!going f2p is gona be a huge plus because player will be able to go juge it for themsleves.i think most will say this is the best f2p game there is avail!

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by _Kyle_

The character graphics are nice, but then you look down and the world looks like you're back in EQ1. Yes, the environment textures are that bad.

Are you telling the truth?  Or did you just lie to everybody?

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by loeslein

Originally posted by _Kyle_

The character graphics are nice, but then you look down and the world looks like you're back in EQ1. Yes, the environment textures are that bad.

Are you telling the truth?  Or did you just lie to everybody?

Eh, he's right actually.  The ground texture in this game is just ugly.  Their are some nice aspects but the ground and some of the trees and rocks just look like crap.  I think it's the lighting they use.  EQ2 has the same issue, bad lighting, makes the game world look fake in some places.  YET, both games can have other instances of spectacular graphics, such as horizon long distance views, skies, architecture of buildings, flashy effects, etc.

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

seems like most asian games they seem dependent on goldfarmers and such in their way of  game.

for me i think personally i whould like this game more if i was high. its very femenine and the sound stinks. bad music and annoying sound effects.

and its very cute and all , with pet frogs and whatnot. maybe or well yes i am to old for this game.

tried it twice, once when it was realesed and now with free to play.

and it sucks kinda, atleast for me lol. not getting into the whole asian themes, with huge weapons and halfnekkid ladies. and i even like manga movies but im not getting into it.

• mikeh001mikeh001 Member Posts: 6

I know we have a few upcoming new MMO releases in the next few months and I know lots and lots of peeps will be calling in sick for the first week to play them so this got me thinking.

• S-mmoS-mmo Member UncommonPosts: 47

Aion was nice in the first year,after this the players have start to be more and more bored.They dont understend the players mmo now are borid from this clasic games.In this version 3.0 they add house and pets.... this 2 things you can find them and in a mmorpg 10 year old.

From NcSoft the only game what i wait is Blade and Soul.Is the only game who have same thing new.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

At what level or zones do you start seeing these ungodly amount of bots everyone keeps referring to? I don't see any.  I never had any problems logging into the game. 

• doubledsiredoubledsire Member Posts: 1

it doesn't really matter that there are people who doesn't like this game. Obviously lot of people like it and still play a lot. I personally love it and it is a lot of fun. 

• FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61

I've been playing around with it while waiting fo GW2.. it reminds me a lot of EQ2 in gameplay.  It's alright, I would say.  I like the graphics and the character customization is really nice.  It's not one of those games that will ust grab you and make you miss work like EQ1 was..  at least not for me.  I am enjoying putzing around in it though.  I find it more difficult than EQ2 is, but that's likely because I've just been dong the quests and not grinding at all outside of that to get levels to make the quests I'm on easier.  It's doable as a solo scout but I have to be very careful.