Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The price of this game is ridiculous

Comments

• asianbboy101asianbboy101 Member Posts: 82

u can get it at gamefly 39.99.

use this coupon "GFSPRING11" and get 10% off or use it on another game such as D3

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Oh please... Why are threads like these still alive...sigh..

You get a fully fledged mmorpg game for the price of the box with no sub fees.

The press has been wowed by the amount of content you get for the price of the box and it really isn't hard to see why. Whether it is structured pvp, WvW, open world pve or personal storyline, any of these aspects ALONE is pretty much worth the price of the box. Instead, we get the whole lot.

So OP please save your pitiful irrational whining for yourself.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

here in Denmark its 550 from Arenanet store, 540 from a physical store.

I prefer to sponsor Arenanet directly, plus fewer problems with the post delivery etc :)

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

I think the game is fairly priced, would 10 dollars or euros or w/e off really make that much difference? Not a chance, but this thread isn't really about the money anyways, it's about the hate!

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

I honestly would not pay $10 for this game at this point.

Correction, not even a single cent.

We have seen an incredibly limited amount of the content and people here have already proudly spent $150 on the game. That is completely and utterly absurd. The beta was full of what was polished by Anet, and they let the testers play those areas due to the positive feed back in closed beta of those areas. In other areas, they closed off the content to all media beta testers completely. Yet people still want to claim that the beta experiences are enough to warrant paying anything for this unfinished product.

It is really disturbing and I think that people with this mindset are what is killing the current MMO market.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Really?? So since the game is free, how much do  you think they should charge and still be able to make a profit???

I mean cmon.... If you don't like the price don't buy it, the game has standard pricing....

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Monorojo

We have seen an incredibly limited amount of the content and people here have already proudly spent $150 on the game. That is completely and utterly absurd. The beta was full of what was polished by Anet, and they let the testers play those areas due to the positive feed back in closed beta of those areas. In other areas, they closed off the content to all media beta testers completely. Yet people still want to claim that the beta experiences are enough to warrant paying anything for this unfinished product.

It is really disturbing and I think that people with this mindset are what is killing the current MMO market.

What the.....

Compared to WHAT?   What other mmorpg has been this open and visible before release and especially before a release date even set?  Youtube is just filled with gobs of game play.  The transparency with this game is best Ive seen with any mmorpg Ive ever followed. 

And no they aren't going to show the entire game before release.  Or if they did, that would certainly be the first time thats been done.  With any game.  Ever.  Know when you'll start seeing the entire game?  After its released and even then you wont unless you play it in its entirity. 

Look if you dont want to play it thats fine and well, but your reasoning for not doing so is as shoddy as a 15 year old termite ridden wooden plank.  And no not everyone bought the expensive CE. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Corehaven

What the.....

Compared to WHAT?   What other mmorpg has been this open and visible before release and especially before a release date even set?  Youtube is just filled with gobs of game play.  The transparency with this game is best Ive seen with any mmorpg Ive ever followed. 

And no they aren't going to show the entire game before release.  Or if they did, that would certainly be the first time thats been done.  With any game.  Ever.  Know when you'll start seeing the entire game?  After its released and even then you wont unless you play it in its entirity. 

Look if you dont want to play it thats fine and well, but your reasoning for not doing so is as shoddy as a 15 year old termite ridden wooden plank.  And no not everyone bought the expensive CE. 

AA, B&S, Tera,  hell any eastern game for that matter because they don't have any NDA during all aspects of gameplay & progression during all the beta stages. 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by stayontarget

What the.....

AA, B&S, Tera,  hell any eastern game for that matter because they don't have any NDA.

Really. You're telling me that If I google AA, B&S, or Tera I can find videos showing off every piece of content to each of those games? Cause I certainly haven't seen anywhere near that.

Gotta agree w/ Corehaven on this one. If the guy is serious & not trolling, then I really have to question his intelligence. Again, this game doesn't have a release date yet. It's still in beta. Name one game that has not had an NDA ever, because that is what's being said. Closed Beta is called that for a reason, it always has had an NDA applied to it, and it probably always will.

Why? For a number of reasons: They don't want their content getting copied before the game even launches. They don't want people to know what happens in the entirety of the game. They don't want people freaking out about features that are still works in progress & are going to change anyway. Etc.

I never thought I would be defending someone's use of an NDA, but this whinning is just getting obsurd to epic proportions. I don't think I've ever seen people complain about such stupid crap, and expect so much, from any other game I can think of. This game may set some kind of record for being targetted by the most warrantless bickering & flaming.

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by aesperus

What the.....

AA, B&S, Tera,  hell any eastern game for that matter because they don't have any NDA.

Really. You're telling me that If I google AA, B&S, or Tera I can find videos showing off every piece of content to each of those games? Cause I certainly haven't seen anywhere near that.

Yes, easily.

Anet is hiding a LOT behind NDA and there is always a reason that companies do this...Mythic did it with Warhammer Online and Funcom did it with Conan......they are NDAing what they don't want us to see and beta previewing what they do. It is a really simple concept. People are just so oblivious to it.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

What the.....

Yes, easily.

Anet is hiding a LOT behind NDA and there is always a reason that companies do this...Mythic did it with Warhammer Online and Funcom did it with Conan......they are NDAing what they don't want us to see and beta previewing what they do. It is a really simple concept. People are just so oblivious to it.

Since clearly you are extremely informed. What exactly is Anet hiding behind the NDA.

• haibanehaibane Member Posts: 178

Ain't overpriced here in FR at the moment. Same price than most games and it's still cheaper than that crap COD.

Also, no subs FTW :D

You're a Hardcore Survivor!

You not only survived the zombie apocalypse, but did it with style! Your mastery of zombie knowledge, survival tactics, and weaponry is nearly unmatched. Congratulations, for you are hardcore!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Connmacart

What the.....

Yes, easily.

Since clearly you are extremely informed. What exactly is Anet hiding behind the NDA.

Aren't they allowing the upcoming beta users to stream video? 

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Connmacart

What the.....

Yes, easily.

Aren't they allowing the upcoming beta users to stream video? 

Yeah, no NDA for any of the upcoming BETAs.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Yes, easily.

Okay, show me a video showing a full walkthrough of AA's landscape. Or better yet, can you link me a video of all of TERA's bosses? How bout all the dungeons for B&S? Links please.

Btw, you do know that Mythic & Funcom weren't the only companies to have NDAs on their products prior to launch. Blizzard has had NDAs on all of their games. Same with Bioware, Sony, Valve, NaughtyDog, Rockstar, etc. etc.

You do know that NDAs are standard in this business, right? There's a joke in the creative industries that if you want to have lunch w/ someone, you better hope you bring enough NDAs for everyone.

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

I see the Tin Foil Hat is strong in this thread.

Yes, the Evil Megacorporation Arenanet has conspired to seperate you good people from your Hard Earned Monies by making a game that appeals to some. Why they are hding their capricious vaporware behind a Non-Disclosure Agreement. All because they wants your monies! They even have the audacity to charge you the average box price (59.99$)!

And instead of charging a monthly fee, these greedy capitalist pigs deign to force you to shop from their Cash Shop! I mean, talk about compulsory, sheesh, next thing you know they will also remove the stress of loot by making US decide WHAT WE WANT TO BUY, with something called Karma. Godless heathens no less!

And to top it all off, for stealing your monies, these Evil Banking Cartel Minions have the gall, the unmitigated gall! to force you to play with others in an easy, open and intuitive manner. I ask you this: will you be denied the opportunity to be a jerk that is the entitlement of all gamers? How is a good, red blooded leet, such as you, going to grief? Might as well dress us up in a dress and call us Mary.

And where is the Day One DLC? And there is no plan by Arena.net to utilize the Cash Shop to becoming the Rape Your Wallet Shop? I mean, no plans to sell a IWIN skill in the CS for 99.99$ No Sparkle Ponies for 25$? No mothertrucking monocle, NO MONOCLE?!?!?

It's a conspiracy to get our monies!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• KrizzModeathKrizzModeath Member Posts: 14

Any collectors edition that sells out like the Star Wars game did means that they should have charged more for it.  Obviously they could've gotten more for it so as a business why wouldn't you sell it for more?  They should have charged another $100 each for it.  I think it was like $250? or maybe was it $150? Either way if they charged another $100 each CE then they may or may not have sold out of it but those who wanted it could have gotten one instead of it selling out in like 6 hours or whatever it was.  I know that's an exaggeration, but you get the point and anyone with a brain would agree with me.  No, you may not want to pay that for a game and it's collector's items, but some would and those deserve to get it if they are willing to pay the extra amount for it.  Later.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by Veshi

They dont seem too expensive to me seeing as there are no monthly costs. I think i spent alot more on other games over the years that required monthly fees.

This said it for me.

Either pay the "high" price now or resume paying for the other subs and spending your 30-40 pounds everytime you buy a console game its your call but this to me is the better bet.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by heavyhebrew

I see the Tin Foil Hat is strong in this thread.

ROFL!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

The game also has less options and features than other predecessors as well.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

heavyhebrew for president!

• MothurMothur Member Posts: 19

Modern Warfare 3: €60

Skyrim: €60

Any other AAA game: €60

Guild Wars 2: €55

See? It's actually cheaper than other triple-A's at launch.

• Enok4TwunniEnok4Twunni Member Posts: 207

I just pre purchased my GW 2 CE. I saw the price, I accepted it, then I slid my credit card. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. 

• ButtpuddleButtpuddle Member Posts: 6
    Nom nom nom.. The troll has been eating well! Keep feeding him and his diarrhea will keep flowing.

Unrelated to the troll, this game is free2play so how else do people expect the game will continue to improve. Personally I'd rather pay $15/mo for a game that occupies my entire vgame time instead of playing an inferior MMO and being able purchase another $60 game every 4 months to because the inferior MMO isn't keeping my attention. Free2play is for teenagers and the unemployed.
  • judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

What is not overpriced in EU? :)

Charging 80$ for a digital game is overpriced no matter what a random fanboy can say, that said they can charge whatever they want if people pay for it, so dont blame the company there, they are just trying to make more profit.

This discussion has been closed.