Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returned and loving it

GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

After bailing on this game at launch for WoW, then bailing from WoW for SWTOR, then realizing SWTOR was....well.....kinda boring.......I thought I would give this a try with the new expansion. It had added beastlords and mercenaries. After a week of playing now, I can say one thing I can't say about any other game I've tried recently.: I can't stop playing it. I want to play just a little longer everytime I try to log off. If you haven't tried this game in awhile, I suggest giving it a shot. It might just surprise you.

Comments

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

After bailing on this game at launch for WoW, then bailing from WoW for SWTOR, then realizing SWTOR was....well.....kinda boring.......I thought I would give this a try with the new expansion. It had added beastlords and mercenaries. After a week of playing now, I can say one thing I can't say about any other game I've tried recently.: I can't stop playing it. I want to play just a little longer everytime I try to log off. If you haven't tried this game in awhile, I suggest giving it a shot. It might just surprise you.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game.

If you haven't already checked it out, I created a post about the different types of player created content in the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/341611/EQ2-Player-Created-Content.html

Cheers!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Well, I decided to boot back into it today. I didn't even last 15 minutes. Through the launcher and all the way into my first moment in game I was seeing so many ads "Buy this, buy this and buy that too!". Then when I loaded in to my lvl 30 character I noticed that I could not wear many of my pieces of armour that I had used years ago, without purchasing armour slots or something. 

I am quite displeased with Sony and their whole cash-shop idea. I will admit that I did not give the game much of a chance this time around, but all the ads for the cash shop and not being to equip my armour really dissuaded me. I was most likely going to re-sub too. I know resubbing will probably remove some of my issues, but I guess even now a days I still have A.D.D. and they lost my attention THAT fast.

Oh well, I am a stubborn jerk and they won't be seeing my cash, at least not for this game!

ps; I am not anti sony. Just not impressed with my experience.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by madazz

Through the launcher and all the way into my first moment in game I was seeing so many ads "Buy this, buy this and buy that too!". Then when I s; I am not anti sony. Just not impressed with my experience.

silver players are not spammed ingame -- you get spammed ONCE per character login   (on silver) to upgrade

anyone who was ever a sub in EQ2 prior the December f2p conversion have silver accts

i agree with you that logging in and finding your gear locked is unpleasant

only legendary/fabled gear is locked

treasured gear is decent in game now since the Revamp of aug 2011 but that wont help your existing gear

the f2p version isnt for everyone but i personally like it

You know, I am happy that people are enjoying F2P in its current form. I however don't care for it, dspecially when I feel like I am being punished for not paying. I think they should hold content back and all that good stuff to entice people to pay, but I don't feel that what they did to my account is proper.

Thanks for the update. I actually decided to check back on the thread just as I was uninstalling the game. Knowing Sony, they might decide to do something completely and utterly different than whats currently there in 6 months, so I may try again.

I do appreciate how fast it was to download the client and hop into the game though! Much better experience than the past. 

• OzrynOzryn Member Posts: 8

Also in the midst of an EQ2 revival after similarly becoming BORED with SWTOR.

EQ2 just has so much depth and so many small facets beyond monster bashing that I find I really miss when traversing the greater MMO landscape.

After 18mos away I am having as much fun as ever.

Originally posted by Ozryn

Also in the midst of an EQ2 revival after similarly becoming BORED with SWTOR.

EQ2 just has so much depth and so many small facets beyond monster bashing that I find I really miss when traversing the greater MMO landscape.

After 18mos away I am having as much fun as ever.

I wish I could feel that way. I am finding the current MMO landscape stale, repetitive with nothing special. I laugh that people get excited over new MMO's now a days. Trust me, I am trying to find fun in MMO's, its not for lack of trying. I've tried nearly every MMO, some ALMOST keep me. Some have small reasons I wont stick around, and others just suck. I've even tried non-traditional MMO's lately (think AoE/Wakfu). Heck, I even tried Final Fantasy 14 after all the negativity (its not that bad actually). 

Back on to topic though, I feel you are exagerating the depth of EQ2 somewhat. I have multiple alts, and have played it off and on for years, it has some unique points but I disagree that it has so much depth. I'd be surprised if you feel that way in 30 days even. Don't get me wrong, it does have its good points though.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by madazz

I've tried nearly every MMO, some ALMOST keep me. Some have small reasons I wont stick around, and others just suck. I've even tried non-traditional MMO's lately (think AoE/Wakfu). Heck, I even tried Final Fantasy 14 after all the negativity (its not that bad actually).

ive had times like those

I use to cycle through DDO, EQ2, and GuildWars as "backups" until a new game/mmo came along

I cant explain why but ever since EQ2 went f2p in aug 2010, Ive stuck w EQ2

I'm not saying EQ2 is a great game, but for me, its better than other mmos Ive tried

2012 is shaping up to be a good year for new releases and for older games, like Vanguard going f2p