Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can you all NOT be excited... 45 more days until

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by bishbosh

Originally posted by patient32

I don't get it. Why would anyone be looking forward to Diablo 3 because of Diablo 2. Diablo 2 was the worst game I've ever played. Maybe if I was 11 years old at the time I played it, it'd be good because that was all there was but wasn't Diablo 2 around the same time as Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate, 14 years on, is still one of my favourite games and regardless of my age it always would be. Diablo 2 was just utter crap. It looked like crap and played like crap.

Maybe Diablo 3 WILL be a good game, it's the year 2012, there's alot of games to look back on and learn from. If they make anything like Diablo 2 they just blew a whole load of cash on a dead horse in my opinion though.

well they made it like d2 but took out features like skill trees and stats and replaced it with nothing. so yeh they did blow a whole load of cash.

they will probably make it all back because there are so many mindless drones out there that get all excited and hyped up after seeing a couple of trailers. just remember about all those other times you were "excited" and a week in realise you just bought a steaming pile of crap eg. SWTOR etc

Thanks for looking out. It is comforting to know that people like you have got our backs. I for one will sleep better knowing there is a vanguard out there, protecting us mindless sheep from our own destructive ways.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Torvaldr

The game doesn't do much for me.  I did like the first two, but this one does'nt spark my interest at all.

This is exactly how I feel. 

D3 is just not a go for me.  I have my reasons, but its a game I will probably never bother with. 

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by nomatics856

Diablo 3, I mean even if you think its dumbed down, even if you think it pulled further away from diablo 2, even if you think there are missing features that should have beeen added to diablo 3, still its DIABLO 3, the magic finding, the boss runs, social aspect  (They made D3 a lot more socialable and party than diablo 2), the loot, the classes, BARBARIAN. The Real life auction house is a great addition as well, even if some people think its pay 2 win, this was in diablo 2 a long time ago, people were just doing it through ebay, d2isj, etc. Now we have a safer, official way to do it. if I can make 2-3 dollars even a month while playing diablo 3, its still being paid to play a fantastic game.

PEOPLE DIABLO 3 IN 45 DAYS. NOT YEARS, NOT MONTHS, DAYS

Did Blizz finalize the transaction fees? Are they still taking $1.25 out of each sale?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Originally posted by bishbosh

well they made it like d2 but took out features like skill trees and stats and replaced it with nothing. so yeh they did blow a whole load of cash.

they will probably make it all back because there are so many mindless drones out there that get all excited and hyped up after seeing a couple of trailers. just remember about all those other times you were "excited" and a week in realise you just bought a steaming pile of crap eg. SWTOR etc

Why do you care? it's our money we'll spend it the way we want to. And calling people who don't agree with you mindless drones, shows just how mature you are. 

Bet you only have sour grapes growing in your vinyard... 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Originally posted by nomatics856

Diablo 3, I mean even if you think its dumbed down, even if you think it pulled further away from diablo 2, even if you think there are missing features that should have beeen added to diablo 3, still its DIABLO 3, the magic finding, the boss runs, social aspect  (They made D3 a lot more socialable and party than diablo 2), the loot, the classes, BARBARIAN. The Real life auction house is a great addition as well, even if some people think its pay 2 win, this was in diablo 2 a long time ago, people were just doing it through ebay, d2isj, etc. Now we have a safer, official way to do it. if I can make 2-3 dollars even a month while playing diablo 3, its still being paid to play a fantastic game.

PEOPLE DIABLO 3 IN 45 DAYS. NOT YEARS, NOT MONTHS, DAYS

Did Blizz finalize the transaction fees? Are they still taking $1.25 out of each sale?

I dont think  they have yet, and to clarify it's a fee charged when/if you decided to turn your blizzard $ in paypal $, so $1.25 sound sbout right.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

It's just too bad the old Blizzard North, a company of Gamers making games for Gamers, not obsessed with grabbing every last cent from your pocket, couldn't have made the new one. This one is by the new corporate people and the new CEO.I used to be a little interested, I lost that interest a long time ago. I'll be passing on this one.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

Originally posted by Boatsmate

It's just too bad the old Blizzard North, a company of Gamers making games for Gamers, not obsessed with grabbing every last cent from your pocket, couldn't have made the new one. This one is by the new corporate people and the new CEO.I used to be a little interested, I lost that interest a long time ago. I'll be passing on this one.

Well the main devs beind Blizz North also ended up making Flagship Studios, which made Hellgate London. A game that was such a massive flop that the company had to go out of business and a small branch of this failure of a company, then working on Mythos MMO ended up joining another company made by the co-founders of Blizz North which is currently Runic Games (Torchlight)

So all you guys clamouring for the original makers of Diablo 2 to make D3 should take a moment to relize that those guys did make a "spiritual successor" and it was so bad that they had to go out of business. 

As for companies making games for gamers, please don't fool yourselves. They only do it for money. If they had the financial and marketing backing that Blizz has, PoE and Torchlight would sell for the same amount. It's just that they know exactly how much their game is worth and so they charge accordingly. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

1) It is not a MMORPG, notice the namesake of this site, purists like myself have little interest in games outside the genre.

2) It's made by Activision/ Blizzard, same folks who brought us WOW.  Oh wait, I don't like how Blizzard makes games anymore, could be a reason.

3) It's Diablo 3.  Er yes, I didn't really like Diablo 2, (D1 was good) so why would I expect to enjoy this title?

4) Tera, GW2, TSW, Archage and some others, see point number 1.

5)  I'm too old to get excited by video games anymore. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• roma650roma650 Member Posts: 26
    1) Its not blizzard North, clearly not a true Diablo game.

2) Always online, lackluster classes, combat seems ehh, In game item shop. List goes on stupid maniacs..oh and you can pvp ?? what kinda retards removes simple duels, for a company that goes by rule of "when its ready" , clearly stating there not ready to release a feature means its not ready.

3) Diablo 2 honestly still looks better then this game- it has an actual atmosphere, this game has none.
    4)Blizzard doesn't make good games anymore.

5) Guild Wars 2, Tera ect - its not worth even waiting for the updates that will fix this game and boy will it be broken at launch.

6) The hype is high , Reviews will all be amazing cuz blizzard games are not allowed low scores no matter how dumed down, low quality they are since they take years to make.

7)Its Actvivion....they bring us CoD , nuf said about thier financial ideals.

/end rant
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

The game is 10x more fun in hardcore.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    RL cash shop for a single player game can go suck it....

Online connection always required can go suck it twice....

I would not play for those two reasons alone, let alone that it is watered down further from D2....

No thanks....
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Kyleran

1) It is not a MMORPG, notice the namesake of this site, purists like myself have little interest in games outside the genre.
    2) It's made by Activision/ Blizzard, same folks who brought us WOW.  Oh wait, I don't like how Blizzard makes games anymore, could be a reason.
    3) It's Diablo 3.  Er yes, I didn't really like Diablo 2, (D1 was good) so why would I expect to enjoy this title?

Opinions are great but #5, not sure how age plays a roll in excitement of a favored release.

you frequent a game forum and posted in a hype thread.. i guess thats within your age limit.

It's having enough years to become jaded. I haven't been blown away since WoW in 2004. And the only one that blew me away before that was EQ.

So, out of the 2 hits and 1000000 misses....I'm old enough to be skeptical. I think that's what he's saying - it is at least how I feel.

Don't get me wrong, I still play and enjoy mmo's. It just I know now I'll only play them until the annoyances outweigh the entertainment. And eventually, that's happened to all of them. EQ and WoW just took years longer to annoy me.

Originally posted by roma650

1) Its not blizzard North, clearly not a true Diablo game. 2) Always online, lackluster classes, combat seems ehh, In game item shop. List goes on stupid maniacs..oh and you can pvp ?? what kinda retards removes simple duels, for a company that goes by rule of "when its ready" , clearly stating there not ready to release a feature means its not ready. 3) Diablo 2 honestly still looks better then this game- it has an actual atmosphere, this game has none. 4)Blizzard doesn't make good games anymore. 5) Guild Wars 2, Tera ect - its not worth even waiting for the updates that will fix this game and boy will it be broken at launch. 6) The hype is high , Reviews will all be amazing cuz blizzard games are not allowed low scores no matter how dumed down, low quality they are since they take years to make. 7)Its Actvivion....they bring us CoD , nuf said about thier financial ideals. /end rant

Wow, take the time to explain why that can't happen and a few posts later you see this crap.

Ignorance really is bliss i guess =/

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Boatsmate

Agreed. I was looking forward to this game for ten years only to have my hopes dashed in beta. Not only is it not worthy to weild the Diablo logo, they're releasing an incomplete game (no PvP). Whatever happened to, "NOT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED/READY!", that old slogan they used to throw around? I suppose perhaps they've gotten confused on the whole finished/complete issue as well lol.

Blizzard is now dead, swallowed up by the same greedy monster like the rest of 'em.

/rip

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by Zorgo

Originally posted by Kyleran

Opinions are great but #5, not sure how age plays a roll in excitement of a favored release.

you frequent a game forum and posted in a hype thread.. i guess thats within your age limit.

It's having enough years to become jaded. I haven't been blown away since WoW in 2004. And the only one that blew me away before that was EQ. So, out of the 2 hits and 1000000 misses....I'm old enough to be skeptical. I think that's what he's saying - it is at least how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I still play and enjoy mmo's. It just I know now I'll only play them until the annoyances outweigh the entertainment. And eventually, that's happened to all of them. EQ and WoW just took years longer to annoy me.

Bingo, EVE was the only real gem after I left WOW back in 2006, and while I still play and enjoy MMORPG's, I don't get excited about any games in general any more. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Still not excited.  Give the project to the original development team, and maybe.... but Diablo games are only fun for me for a few weeks at most anyway, I couldn't justify spending 60 bucks on it.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Margrave

While I agree DIablo 3 will most likely be great, and I will pick it up, the real money auction house is a joke. Once money enters it never leaves. You will get 'credit' with blizzard for other blizzard services. You will never get those 2-3 dollars. Only 2-3 dollars of blizzard services or goods.

Money enters, and is never seen from again.

I plan to just never use it. Ever.

Yup... whcih is why I am not even bothering with the PC version.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by Souldrainer

While I agree DIablo 3 will most likely be great, and I will pick it up, the real money auction house is a joke. Once money enters it never leaves. You will get 'credit' with blizzard for other blizzard services. You will never get those 2-3 dollars. Only 2-3 dollars of blizzard services or goods.

Is that true? If you sell an item you just get Blizzard credit with no option to cash out? That means the only one that actually makes money out of this is Blizz...

Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• BoatsmateBoatsmate Member Posts: 208

This "Cash Out" option brings up some interesting taxation and maybe even gambling issues. Some states are much more sensitive than others these days about such things. Think Kansas, South Carolina, Georgia,etc. States that allow you to carry a machine gun strapped to your back, but will jail you for kissing your wife in public. Them states don't cotten to online games of chance for money, or tax dodgers. Which, I guess, with a stretch some idiot politician looking to make a name for himself could claim.Interesting thought.

Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Is that true? If you sell an item you just get Blizzard credit with no option to cash out? That means the only one that actually makes money out of this is Blizz...

False, you can cash out your proceeds. You have to set up a third party payer like paypal though, however once it enters into your battle.net wallet then yes its stuck there. So if you plan to use it, set it up to where you can cash out.

If they changed it then i'm not aware, pretty sure there is a faq somewhere.

You may or may not know, but is there a "cash out" fee on top of the transaction fee? Or is this free?

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

But you'd bother with a console version of Diablo?

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

3 words Path Of Exile

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Only 32 days left. Am I excited? Hell, yes :D I can't wait to play a REAL summoner class. All other games = crappy summoners. All MMOs = crappy summoners. Diablo 2 necro = win. And while they still don't have the necro in there, they have a witch doctor whose skills look absolutely amazing.

Guys you need to stop QQing about the auction. What has become of today's trolling??? Where's the creativity? Stop recycling old stuff. 

Troll like a pro!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Burntvet

RL cash shop for a single player game can go suck it.... Online connection always required can go suck it twice.... I would not play for those two reasons alone, let alone that it is watered down further from D2.... No thanks....

I can't be sure about that last point, but the first two are enough for me to steer clear.

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

I've been in beta for months.. the game is a lot of FUN. Leave your preconceived notions on gameplay, auctions, and other features at the door (don't like it, don't use it) and get ready for some great hack and slash action.

FYI - I'm also in the Path of Exile beta, and that is a great game as well. I intend to play both games and might alternate playthoughs/difficulties based on release schedules. Add in Torchlight 2 in the June/July timeframe and this is the ultimate year for ARPG loot-filled fun. Of course, none of these are "traditional" MMORPGs (not interested in arguing), but still looking forward to them all the same.

GW2 might take away all of my time once it is released, but until then, hack'n'slash FTW!