Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA launching with a dungeon finder. Bioware, wake up please?

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

A new MMO that is coming out relatively soon has announced that ta launch feature wil be a dungeon finder.

Why the hell do we still not have one in this game? Completely blows my mind. I am a pretty big fan of SWTOR, but this is just inexcusable.

Comments

• CingeCinge Member Posts: 120

Technically, tera has been launched for over a year now already :P  Not sure whey they added LFD to the game though.

Doesn't take away from the point of your thread though :P

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411

oh well damn, didn't know it was released a year ago in other territories.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I think SWTOR is going to fall behind a bit in the market. SWTOR is still trying to adjust to WoW, but WoW is already turning it's cannons towards Tera and GW2 with the next expansion when it comes to features. Even though I quit a long time ago, I've still got friends onboard this game and I hope it won't disappoint them out of this genre.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Originally posted by Monorojo

oh well damn, didn't know it was released a year ago in other territories.

Yeah TERA actually had so little that it was unable to attract an audience.

From what I understand it launched with game breaking bugs, had about 30% fo the quests it currently has and had little to no effort put into game balance.

Many people feel they launched it early because of an impending law suit with NCSoft over stolen software.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I think that the customizable UI and Guild Banks are a great idea, and the adjustment to Artifice was very much needed (my Inquisitor is an Artifice, and we're currently getting the shaft compared to other Crew Skills).

I'm very disappointed in the Legacy system.  It's basically geared towards a "Get Them To Keep Grinding" mentality, for lackluster results.  It's merely a treadmill of feeble features to retain subscribers.

Anyone that's kept a SW:TOR account active, and has already created one or more level 50's is not going to benefit very much from access to new races for "alts" if they're already burned out on buggy raid content and empty worlds, nor will it matter if there is new gear to be obtained by pre-existing 50's-- who'll have time to create a new "alt" with an unlocked race, and actually spend time leveling it?

Sadly, I've tried to get friends to come play SW:TOR with me, and most have said there's no way in hell they will touch it without a Group Finder tool.

RIFT was quick to implement one after WoW migrants clamored for it.  I don't see what's making the devs of SW:TOR hesitate to put one in as well, considering how low server populations are getting.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I must admit I changed by view on Dungeon Finders. I used to be very skeptical towards that idea, mostly because many of my friends spoke bad about it in WOW. But these days, I feel like it is a must have from day one in a new MMO. Or at least, it must be ready-made to be implemented within a few days, if the players start to have difficulties finding groups for whatever reason. Nothing is so boring and frustrating than endlessly standing idle, yelling LFG in some channel for hours and hours as I did in SWTOR. That is just much worse than any possible negative side effects of a dungeon finder. I mean, I come to a MMO to PLAY it, not to stand around waiting for the fun. So despite the fact I know a Dungeon Finder has some issues, I expect it in a new MMO these days as must have.

And don't come to me with that idea that chat channel group finding would cause people to socialize or what! That just never happens! People socialize because the want to. All these endless abbreviations are just so hilarious.

"GD31 LFG SR-HM, FHD or JU, DD and CC pref. (speedrun SPACE!)"

And then the only two words you get in the group are "hi" and "bye". Yeah. That is so social.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

In 2011 TERA was launched only in SK so it's more or less a local beta test. NCSoft did the same with Aion. BTW, speaking about NCSoft lawsuit, I find their "art theft" claims laughable. How do you steal generic anime art style? I mean show me screenshots from L2, Aion and TERA and I wouldn't know what's what. They all look the same to me.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Originally posted by wowfan1996

In 2011 TERA was launched only in SK so it's more or less a local beta test. NCSoft did the same with Aion. BTW, speaking about NCSoft lawsuit, I find their "art theft" claims laughable. How do you steal generic anime art style? I mean show me screenshots from L2, Aion and TERA and I wouldn't know what's what. They all look the same to me.

hehe, read this http://tsi.brooklaw.edu/sites/tsi.brooklaw.edu/files/filings/ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-al/20120109ncsoft-corporation-et-al-v-bluehole-studio-inc-et-alcomplaint.pdf and tell me that there is no similarities between what Lineage 3 and Tera :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by wowfan1996

They stole the art assets, aka the actual files. Not the style.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by Naqaj
    They stole the art assets, aka the actual files. Not the style.
    They should have stolen those from Blizzard then. At least then it would make sense.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Just do what I and a lot of other people did, abandon your empty server and join a popular one! At least that's my plan until they finally release a dungeon finder. image

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

A new MMO that is coming out relatively soon has announced that ta launch feature wil be a dungeon finder.

Why the hell do we still not have one in this game? Completely blows my mind. I am a pretty big fan of SWTOR, but this is just inexcusable.

Sure, but we all know that TERA is going to die way before swtor.

eqnext.wikia.com

• darkcircuitdarkcircuit Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by matraque

*snip*

Can I borrow your crystal ball?....idiot!

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by matraque

LOL. It will be interesting to see how these supposed "TOR killers" will stack up once they are actually released and expected to conform to these high and mighty MMO standards that the vocal negative MMORPG.COM crowd here has.  There is already griping about TERA's repititive PVE grinding and GW2 is already facing criticism about it's cash shop.Game's haven't even released yet and the hornets are already swarming.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Of course the flip side of this argument is that maybe the devs of TERA already know they have to have this feature because the game isn't good enough to survive without it.  Based off of my own impression of TERA, this could very well be the problem.  Meanwhile the devs of SWTOR felt exactly the opposite about their game.

Just playing devils advocate.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"