Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8BitMMO: First Impressions with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ripper X checks out the new indie hit 8BitMMO! The game is a free-to-play 8bit-style MMORPG currently being developed by one-man indie developer Robby Zinchak, a former member of Microsoft, Capcom, and Midway. The game allows up to 250 players to build a world block by block, either solo, or in groups. Check out 8BitMMO: First Impressions with Ripper X.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

video is private

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I like killing lawyer cats.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Good Video Ripper. If you ever happen to be in my kitchen and don't make me a sandwich, well, I'm not going to give you any of this pie I have.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

i dont think this guy likes lawyers

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Not even vaguely 8-bit. Whoever named it that has no idea what 8-bit means. Hell, it's not even pixel art. It's not in any sort of nostalgic style unless you're nostalgic for Flash games from 2001.

It really hurts when those of us who grew up with old consoles like the 2600, the NES, and the SNES hear any low end 2D graphics called "8-bit".

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Not even vaguely 8-bit. Whoever named it that has no idea what 8-bit means. Hell, it's not even pixel art. It's not in any sort of nostalgic style unless you're nostalgic for Flash games from 2001.

It really hurts when those of us who grew up with old consoles like the 2600, the NES, and the SNES hear any low end 2D graphics called "8-bit".

You know, I have to agree the game sounds neat but the art style really is kinda...lame. I'm all for 2d and even better old school art direction but this looks more like New Grounds than NES.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

It is reallyy fun watching ripperX play a game that is crappy enough to the point where I have actually built similar quality games of and will someday finish games that are even better than.  :D  Gives me hope.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.