Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best gaming mouse ???

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by kaco

I went through 2 razer nagas and both crapped out on me from playing eq2 and rift. I replaced them with a cyborg rat 7. It's a real solid mouse. Took some gettng used to due to its high dpi. "Have it about 3 months now and it still runs like it did from the box.

oh lord now that was an awful mouse :(  glad it's working out for you but that was one purchase I truly regretted. I hate Mad Catz products. Terrible company imo.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by slicknslim88

Do you want a mouse with a lot of different buttons? Because if you want a decent mouse but without a gazillion buttons, you can't go wrong with an MX518. My 518 has lasted me years, it's virtually indestructable. It'll probably survive a nuclear war. And it's relatively cheap. You can probably find one for $40 or so.

Yeah, having a mouse with a lot of buttons would be nice.  I've been playing my computer games with a 3 button, with mouse wheel mouse.  It's criminal I know, I've been having to press key's for my abilities!!  It's dreadful!

The buttons are a gimmick, in my opinion. They don't make you a better gamer nor are they more convenient than using the keyboard. They come in handy if you have a whole crap load of keybinds and macros but for the most part, are not needed.

Personally, when choosing a mouse the most important aspects are comfort and durability.

Huh? You're saying that having skills on buttons is less efficient shift+key, alt+key etc?

I can't remember the last MMO that i didn't run out of single key press binds.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by slicknslim88

Do you want a mouse with a lot of different buttons? Because if you want a decent mouse but without a gazillion buttons, you can't go wrong with an MX518. My 518 has lasted me years, it's virtually indestructable. It'll probably survive a nuclear war. And it's relatively cheap. You can probably find one for $40 or so.

Yeah, having a mouse with a lot of buttons would be nice.  I've been playing my computer games with a 3 button, with mouse wheel mouse.  It's criminal I know, I've been having to press key's for my abilities!!  It's dreadful!

The buttons are a gimmick, in my opinion. They don't make you a better gamer nor are they more convenient than using the keyboard. They come in handy if you have a whole crap load of keybinds and macros but for the most part, are not needed.

Personally, when choosing a mouse the most important aspects are comfort and durability.

Huh? You're saying that having skills on buttons is less efficient shift+key, alt+key etc?

I can't remember the last MMO that i didn't run out of single key press binds.

I seem to do fine without them. I didn't say it's less efficient but it's not really more efficient either. Not everyone has a highly mobile thumb anyway and most MMOs do not require you to keybind absolutely everything since a lot of the stuff is situational.

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

The buttons are a gimmick, in my opinion. They don't make you a better gamer nor are they more convenient than using the keyboard. They come in handy if you have a whole crap load of keybinds and macros but for the most part, are not needed. Plus more buttons = more stuff that can break.

Personally, when choosing a mouse the most important aspects are comfort and durability and of course dpi.

No, they are incredible amounts more convenient. 

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

Logitech G9x im telling you =)

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Haha I've been using an optical trackball since 2001. I could never go back to a regular mouse they feel to clumsy and squirrelly. Thumb controlled trackballs for the win. If you have never tried one I would recommend it. It might take a day to 3 to adjust. However it's worth it. I just had a friend try one out when his razor died. He thought I was crazy for using one. He ordered a new gaming mouse off newegg. However he went to bestbuy and bought a trackball to hold him over untill it arrived. I remember him laughing about it at first. However when his newegg order arrived he ended up sending it back.

If you do try it. The one with the thumb tracker is what I use. Not the top. Middle mounted one
  • hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

i just bought a Logitech G500

I've been using a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 - Wireless and usable while charging(it uses a single AA battery). A good mouse overall but its not as accurate as a Wired mouse for FPS, but if you are not into FPS i highly recommend it. 

I used to have a Naga, very cheap made ... AWSOME for mmos, i never had a mouse that beat it, but what a cheap product. You feel the low quality material, mine lasted 9 months. Never again i will buy a Razer product, they give shit about material quality. Their features are awsome but poorly crafted, not worth it.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

IMO this is my favorite gaming mouse. Feels amazing in my hand:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826580002

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

My 518 died after about 4 years, thats when i bought a naga. If your thumb can handle the little buttons, a Naga is the way to go for MMO's.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

I know im going to get laughed into ridicule by confessing this, but i bought 3 years ago the wow mouse , its got buttons in places i didnt know buttons could exist and it still works as first day. Laugh if you want, but its true.

The mark is Steelseries i think

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

I've actually killed 2 Mx518's. The first time the optical thing actually died within the warranty period so Logitechs awesome support sent me a new mouse. The second one lasted a long time but eventually the cord had a break in it somewhere. I then swapped in the old optical broken mouse's cord and it lasted a few more months before dying. I then got a goodwill mx500 as a spare.

The MX518 is nice but the buttons above and below the mouse wheel are a pain to hit. Unless you want to ebay you probably won't find one for $40, the price on these things just keeps increasing because they aren't made anymore. Sorry, it's a nice mouse but not worth $70+.

I recommend the Logitech G700. It can be wired or wireless. The 4 buttons by your thumb are very easy to hit and know which button you're pressing. The 3 buttons by the left mouse click are easy to hit as well and again easy to tell which you are pressing. The mouse tilt buttons take a bit to get used to but come in very handy. The scroll wheel smooth/ratcheted is very nice and I probably can't live without it anymore. The design is very comfortable and fits my hand very nicely. Knowing the Logitech warranty and having dealt with it before is just another added bonus. The only drawback I've found is that the batterylife is maybe 1-2 days of hard use, but just plug it in every night :P.

I think you can get it for $70 on Amazon, but if you feel like taking a chance and talking to Logitech support you can get a 50% off code to order on their site. That's what I did, $45 for a 13 button mouse! At that price there isn't another mouse out there that can beat it.

• CrosiusCrosius Member Posts: 129

I have had the G9 for about 6 years and the mouse is absolutely fantastic. All of the buttons still work, the mouse feels great and has plenty of options without being ridiculous about its buttons/configuration. Macros, keystrokes, dpi, program profiles etc. It's a great mouse.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123

logitech does it right. everything else is cheap

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Greatly satisfied with my ROCCAT Kone, awsome mouse, http://www.roccat.org/Products/.

• Kyuz0oKyuz0o Member Posts: 80

I was really happy with my Legitech G9 until the cord was all busted open due to friction.

I went with a roccat kone after that. Best mouse I ever had so far, with one flaw though. Me and my GF both have this mouse, and we both have problems with the scroll wheel, even with newest drivers etc. Otherwise really great mouse.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Razer Naga. The end.

A mouse is a mouse, yes they have different tracking speeds but the naga actually adds functionality to the mouse by providing 12 extra buttons.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Cyborg R.A.T 7 Contagion
    its not a mouse,its a Rat and it eats mices for breakfast.
    i like it.

Let's internet

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by umie214

logitech does it right. everything else is cheap

Yea i have a Logitech G500 and Ive never looked back.  Good mouse.  And it comes with little weights to insert in the bottom to change the weight of the mouse. 

Very custimizable for a mouse at least.  On the flip side I use a Logitech G15 keyboard too, and have been very happy with it so far.

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

I just order a Logitech G9X.   It had great reviews.  :)

• lonexilesoullonexilesoul Member Posts: 15

Try

Logitech G13 + Razer Naga

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I never got myself comfortable to the razer Naga, i just don't like the button layout. for me it's too "small" and each button lacks the clear distinction in the block. 

I certainly don't need more then let's say roughly 15 Buttons on a mouse, so even the mouse i got is probably over the top, however at least each button can have a clear distinction in feel and position.

Cyborg MMO 7

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm

13 programmable buttons team up with a 3-position MMO mode switch and a 2-position MMO shift button to forge 78 user-definable in-game commands

I like the idea of shift keys which change the whole key assignment when pressed. A way better solution than adding twice the raw key amount on the mouse.

The 5 D button (side middle) replaced my target marking and when i hold the "shift" key on the mouse - it's the party member selection.

Pressing down is party member one, up is 2 down 3 front is 4 back is 5. Easy to memorize and clear to distinct on selecting. (That's just how i use this button).

It's full mappable, so you could probably set all keys like inventory to it too.

Only downside to the mouse is, i probably can't play anything without it anymore since most function from F keys to all quickslots shift/alt/ctrl+5,6,7,8,9,0,ß,´, are mapped to it.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Got myself the standard £60 Razer Naga. Had it for a couple months and it's great, though the 10, 11 & 12 side buttons are obelete to those with big hands.

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

I usually use several mice, depending on the game. Mostly I use Naga, Sensei or the cyborg 7

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

+1 Naga

I've used Logitech trackballs for many years.  Although mice users might find using the thumb strange, I loved it.  Why move the whole arm around when you can move accurately with the thumb?

However with all this talk about high dpi and new gaming mice, I looked at the Nostromos and everything else under the sun and finally decided to try the naga thinking that programmable macros would be cool for playing mmos.  I've had the Naga for exactly a year now and I'm very happy with it.  Looks and functions just like new.  So for at least this customer, nothing but a great experience.