Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Purchased @ EB Games Canada = no beta code

marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I just pre-purchased the game at EB Games Canada retail outlet, one of the reatailers listed on the Guild Wars 2 site as being able to pre-purchase there but the guy said they did not receive any beta codes/registration codes and didn't know when they would. He told me when they would he would call me.  What gives? Shouldn't they already have these? If you purchase online, aren't you getting access already?

Comments

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Originally posted by marz.at.play

I just pre-purchased the game at EB Games Canada retail outlet, one of the reatailers listed on the Guild Wars 2 site as being able to pre-purchase there but the guy said they did not receive any beta codes/registration codes and didn't know when they would. He told me when they would he would call me.  What gives? Shouldn't they already have these? If you purchase online, aren't you getting access already?

You get a serial for the game and your account becomes active, yes.

Honestly, I'd reach out to both EB and Anet's customer service. That...doesn't sit well with me.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.  From what I have seen there has been some issues with retailers.  ANet even posted about it on Facebook to tell everyone they were working on it.  I would send them an email if I were you, since you spent your money.  They are a stand-up company and they should take care of this for you if your retailer is on the list. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Dont pre-purchase from EB games, they sucks.

The same thing happened to me when I pre-ordered Aion years ago, no beta key at all.

• TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

That sucks but,

Thats what I always do everything digital these days. The stores are never on the up and up and always cause problems. Buy digital, get the code in 5 minutes, made account. All golden. I will be able to download the client weeks before launch since it will take me 3 days to download... so it all works out.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

If you pre-purchased you should get  the pre-purchase box which contains nothing but a small leaflet with the code, or in case of a pure digital version, an email with the code.

If you pre-porder, you won't get nothing right now.

If you didn't pay money yet, you did not pre-purchase.

The online store does only mention the pre-purchase for the CE, not for the normal version, which recieves the same pre-purchase bonus. If you bought the normal version, maybe thats the problem?

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

EB Games Canada is absolutely SHIT. I feel like doing a Gordon Ramsey and dropping the F word all over the place.

I called 14 stores all in all yesterday. They were reserving all their CE for people who pre-"ordered" therefore sold out.

I put it out there on Facebook and twitter with messages to EBgames Canada, no response. None of their staff knew anything. One heard codes were coming Wednesday. 

I gave feedback for Anet to look elsewhere in the future. Communication breakdown big time.

Even Bestbuy, Futureshop had GW1 CE's why not now. I'd rather even go to Walmart than EBgames.

This is what I Facebooked them. They are not interested.

Ended up with 2 DDE's instead for our household.

• Im trying to pay in full and Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2 https://buy.guildwars2.com/ supposedly from April 10th I can do this. Why is there no collections edition available for me in Edmonton, Canada? calling all the stores they have sold out already.This is not supposed to happen. Im not trying to pre-order but officially pre-purchase in full. The makers of the game want to know of sellers that have been selling this ahead of time, therefore should I let them know? I do not think this is fair at all and looks like breaking the official rules?

Thanks

• buy.guildwars2.com

Enter the ever-changing fantasy world of Tyria, where you control the story and your actions shape the world around you! With action-oriented combat, deep personal storylines, epic dynamic events, world-class PvP, and no subscription fees, Guild Wars 2 defines the future of online roleplaying games.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Ouch. Yeah from grumblings among my American gaming friends over the years, it seems that EB Games has some serious organisation issues. Glad we don't have them over here.

I agree with the other posters to try your luck with A-nets custmoer service.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

EBGames has always sucked. They screwed tons of people over back before Aion launched and was selling the beta codes online to the highest bidder. Im shocked they are still a company to be honest. Sadly, for AMerica, they are the biggest retail outlet for pre-orders. Like Avery said, go to Walmart. You may not get the best CS, but atleast you know you will get your copy, and be starred down by the weirdest looking greeter.

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

No one is getting a beta code at this time.  You should be getting your game key so that you can register.  Anet will be sending out beta info before the beta test.

• LazureusLazureus Member Posts: 26

I went with EB Game for my SWTOR pre order last year... what a terrible pain it has been. Now I have all Futur Shop, Best Buy and EB Game on my black list.... guess I am stuck with digital version for now if I want to stand up to my ethical principle. :

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to say that EB Games Canada just called me and said my beta key came in. Not bad, to be honest I wasn't expecting it. Better late then never so props to EB Games Canada.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to say that EB Games Canada just called me and said my beta key came in. Not bad, to be honest I wasn't expecting it. Better late then never so props to EB Games Canada.

I missed the EB window for ordering so I went with NCIX as a lifeline, who swear up and down that they are eligible to sell them, even though they aren't on the partners list.  They confirmed my order up to taking payment, but nothing about when the pre-pack is going to ship.  Might be a hold up across Canada that everyone is experiencing.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

EB Games Canada is absolutely SHIT. I feel like doing a Gordon Ramsey and dropping the F word all over the place.

I called 14 stores all in all yesterday. They were reserving all their CE for people who pre-"ordered" therefore sold out.

I put it out there on Facebook and twitter with messages to EBgames Canada, no response. None of their staff knew anything. One heard codes were coming Wednesday. 

I gave feedback for Anet to look elsewhere in the future. Communication breakdown big time.

Even Bestbuy, Futureshop had GW1 CE's why not now. I'd rather even go to Walmart than EBgames.

This is what I Facebooked them. They are not interested.

Ended up with 2 DDE's instead for our household.

• Im trying to pay in full and Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2 https://buy.guildwars2.com/ supposedly from April 10th I can do this. Why is there no collections edition available for me in Edmonton, Canada? calling all the stores they have sold out already.This is not supposed to happen. Im not trying to pre-order but officially pre-purchase in full. The makers of the game want to know of sellers that have been selling this ahead of time, therefore should I let them know? I do not think this is fair at all and looks like breaking the official rules?

Thanks

• buy.guildwars2.com

Enter the ever-changing fantasy world of Tyria, where you control the story and your actions shape the world around you! With action-oriented combat, deep personal storylines, epic dynamic events, world-class PvP, and no subscription fees, Guild Wars 2 defines the future of online roleplaying games.

I read on facebook that Best Buy Canada had the CE's.. tbh you have a better chance at it than I do in BFE South Dakota.

• RoperXRoperX Member UncommonPosts: 2

I ordered from Leduc just outside of edmonton 2 Collectors Editions about a year and a half ago, went in on april 10th and pre-purchased both of them but they had no beta keys. I've called around edmonton yesturday and some of the EB games have gotten the CE Codes, i've also had bad experiences in the past (aion included) regarding getting my codes. unfortunatly i'm not sure who to call regarding the keys whether it be NCSoft ,EB games or Arenanet. Its very frustrating this has happened with about 4 different mmo's int he last 6 years .... i've been Waiting for almost 2 years, I already even bought the digital version for my wife and my friend while, another friend and I have to hope we get our keys. I feel your pain guys ... not sure what there doing about this.