Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No NDA on next GW2 beta

garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Read it on Twitter...per Martin. 

Live streaming allowed.

Comments

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

that sounds awfully close to an open beta-like situation. :) glad to see they're nice and confident about the quality of their game. the real question is when is it going to be? soon, i hope....

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Beta is supposed to be at the end of this month.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

yep, he said its dead, stream away.

So fk it, we will do it live!

http://youtu.be/PFp-EyNSX1Q

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

GuildWars2.ro: With the recently announced Closed Beta Events, are there any plans for a “real” Open Beta (or Open Beta Weekend) event prior to the game launch?

Martin: We will not have an Open Beta, what we will do is Beta Weekend Events. It’s a good opportunity to define what Open Beta is, because I actually have a different definition for it: the real definition of an Open Beta is one where you put your client out there and everybody in the world can download it and play all content, non-restricted in any given timeframe. That’s not what we will do. We will do specific Beta weekend events where there will be invites sent out in one form or another, but we will never have a Beta where everybody on the planet will be able to just grab the client and go play the game. It’s certainly a question that shows up a lot, and there’s a definite misunderstanding regarding the terminology.

--------------------------------------------------

just so you guys ho is not inform  get an idea that whats open beta mean and weekend  mean ,we will not gonna have open beta as you can see theres no point in open beta  ,imean why u wanna play the game alrdy whit all features when they never say the release of the game yet.

either way im not complain about it i weekend beta is a test phase i would not like to play all content on a beta  and miss all the wonder  when the game release

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by garretth

Read it on Twitter...per Martin. 

Live streaming allowed.

yup was also mentioned in the Romanian interview from yesterday

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by dadante666

GuildWars2.ro: With the recently announced Closed Beta Events, are there any plans for a “real” Open Beta (or Open Beta Weekend) event prior to the game launch?

Martin: We will not have an Open Beta, what we will do is Beta Weekend Events. It’s a good opportunity to define what Open Beta is, because I actually have a different definition for it: the real definition of an Open Beta is one where you put your client out there and everybody in the world can download it and play all content, non-restricted in any given timeframe. That’s not what we will do. We will do specific Beta weekend events where there will be invites sent out in one form or another, but we will never have a Beta where everybody on the planet will be able to just grab the client and go play the game. It’s certainly a question that shows up a lot, and there’s a definite misunderstanding regarding the terminology.

--------------------------------------------------

just so you guys ho is not inform  get an idea that whats open beta mean and weekend  mean ,we will not gonna have open beta as you can see theres no point in open beta  ,imean why u wanna play the game alrdy whit all features when they never say the release of the game yet.

either way im not complain about it i weekend beta is a test phase i would not like to play all content on a beta  and miss all the wonder  when the game release

ty this is the statement I have been poorly quoting >.<

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I think that they dropped the NDA because it's pointless. The last beta weekend event, they still had an NDA in place for non-press people and there were so many leaks that ANet didn't even try to contain them.

This does make them look good though. Like here is our game, we have nothing to hide.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by heartless

I think that they dropped the NDA because it's pointless. The last beta weekend event, they still had an NDA in place for non-press people and there were so many leaks that ANet didn't even try to contain them.

This does make them look good though. Like here is our game, we have nothing to hide.

The NDA has only been about the Cash shop - Serious press people has been respectful to this

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Mavacar

The NDA has only been about the Cash shop - Serious press people has been respectful to this

No, the NDA was only dropped for the press, except for the cash shop. Everyone else was still under the NDA as far as the whole game goes.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by atticusbc

that sounds awfully close to an open beta-like situation. :) glad to see they're nice and confident about the quality of their game. the real question is when is it going to be? soon, i hope....

Considering they are advertising EVERYWHERE I think ANet considers this an "open" beta.

Originally posted by Mavacar

No, the NDA was only dropped for the press, except for the cash shop. Everyone else was still under the NDA as far as the whole game goes.

Ah! Of course. Sorry man my bad I blame that it's getting late here ^^

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

It's not been dropped yet. Otherwise I would have been able to change my avatar!

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

It's not been dropped yet. Otherwise I would have been able to change my avatar!

Think you indirectly broke the nda there. Unless you didn't mean to imply you played the last event.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Connmacart

Think you indirectly broke the nda there. Unless you didn't mean to imply you played the last event.

That shouldn't necessarily be inferred. I've made it a personal goal not to change my avatar until ArenaNet lifts the NDA on Guild Wars 2. It's a celebratory thing.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

That shouldn't necessarily be inferred. I've made it a personal goal not to change my avatar until ArenaNet lifts the NDA on Guild Wars 2. It's a celebratory thing.

Exactly. Like inferring any by saying certain WvW videos really stand out as favorites, which some do.

Oderint, dum metuant.

I see what you did there - nice ;)

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Grr... douple post

Oderint, dum metuant.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    I'm planning on streaming extensively! I'd like to showcase some Thief PvP, provided theg dont have premade builds Incredibly excited to be able to talk about my experiences with the game :]

Us MMORPG.com folk should roll on the same server....

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

I thought overall peopole did a good job bitting their tongues. There were plenty of things not discussed much at all that would have been driven into the ground had there been no NDA.