Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when did telon started hitting medium load again?

I didnt expect to see that when i logged in earlier, there were actually quite a few people around so many even that the server showed medium for a change (5-600+ people on by the /who counts)

Comments

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

f2p?

• Sicc1Sicc1 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Did vanguard remove all pvp? i used to play on a pvp server but i kniw theyre down to one now so im assuming they did away with it. If someone could chime in and let me know that would be nice.

Darkfall - Sick
    Earthrise - Sick

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Dueling is the only form of PvP they have right now.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by wyldmagik

f2p?

Not for another couple of months

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

ayy thats why it sorta suprised me seeing the server pop so high.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Alyvian

I didnt expect to see that when i logged in earlier, there were actually quite a few people around so many even that the server showed medium for a change (5-600+ people on by the /who counts)

I did the same earlier and it showed 403 players. I have to call BS sorry. The server was medium, that's the only correct thing about this post

VG is business as usual.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Population is highest I have seen since November and steadily climbing. People and guilds are returning each week it seems.

( Amazing how that can happen when the developer SOE actually puts some work into a game )

Relaunch coming soon !

Originally posted by allegria

Population is highest I have seen since November and steadily climbing. People and guilds are returning each week it seems.

( Amazing how that can happen when the developer SOE actually puts some work into a game )

Relaunch coming soon !

Lies

The server numbers are the same. Don't you ever get tired of making false claims just to lure forum lurkers into subbing? Are you even aware you can check the numbers directly

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Starpower

Relaunch coming soon !

Lies

The server numbers are the same. Don't you ever get tired of making false claims just to lure forum lurkers into subbing? Are you even aware you can check the numbers directly

Dont you ever get tire of trying to convince people not to play a certain mmo because you don't like it or play it.The population has gone up,not alot but it has moved forward,is that a problem for you?

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Relaunch coming soon !

Lies

Dont you ever get tire of trying to convince people not to play a certain mmo because you don't like it or play it.The population has gone up,not alot but it has moved forward,is that a problem for you?

I play VG currently with two subscriptions running. Unlike you I prefer people are well informed when signing up instead of these propaganda posts that paints a prettier picture than what's actually there. I'm guilded with Allegria in twighlyte song btw

To answer your question. No I don't get tired of calling you people out. Population is not going up. It's the same as it has been last two years minus the all time lows when other games were released.

It's not even a new thing. People have been making these claims for the past two years. I get you love Vanguard but try and be honest instead of these boarderline scam posts

Why don't you do a '/who count 1 - 50 all' and follow up with a '/who count 51 - 55 all' . I'll compare my screenshots with yours. Oh wait you are not going to do that. You would have to swallow those words

It must really suck for you people, that there's a command that can tell you exactly how many is on at any given time.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Population has definitely gone down since last autuum.

I hardly ever get a count above 200 anymore, so a /who all count usually suffices.

Last autuum, when I resubbed, I always had to do /who all 1 10 count, /who all 11 50 count, /who all 51 55 count separately - level 1-10 is Isle of Dawn (many trial players), 11-50 is normal levelup, 51-55 is raiding (well OK - technically its 48-55, but 48-51 is pretty fast to level, while after it slows down).

I had hopes for numbers increasing again, but apparently VG hasnt recovered from the SW:TOR shock in december and might not do so until F2P in summer.

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    I do counts on a fairly regular basis and it is definitely trending up. I saw 350 on Saturday around lunch. Not great but headed in the right direction at least.

Originally posted by dazedconfuse

I do counts on a fairly regular basis and it is definitely trending up. I saw 350 on Saturday around lunch. Not great but headed in the right direction at least.

350 has always been a normal headcount during a saturday/sunday afternoon

2011 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4441834#4441834 - your own post

As you can see, a decrease compared to your earlier number last year, but at least you are a bit more realistic with the number than the wild claim from the OP of  5-600 people

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

It's because at it;s core, VG is a great game.  However, players (like myself) that tried it but didn't stay because we were not sure it would still be up and running the next day. now have some hope.  With both the upcoming F2P (P2W) and new group being put together to updates.  So yes, I am one of the numbers. 

On a side note.  Had blizzard got their heads out of their A%& and made crafting like VG, upgraded combat with combos, etc, made the storyline a bit more interactive, made their doungons larger and more indepth like EQ2, had better graphics, didn't come out with expansions that only added another few lvl's,  I'd still be playing WoW....lol

No really, I would have been happy with better crafting and making the acheivements account-bound (can't see playing the same toon...foreeevveerrrr.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

It is definitely more populated than the last time I tried it (about a year ago). I bumped up my EQ2 account to a Station Pass after the F2P announcement and have been enjoying lots of low level groups on my new druid.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I love this game. EVE and Vangaurd are the only games I revisit. Every other MMO is so shallow i cant bring myself to play past a month. I am back in VG and loving it. While i have no idea about population stuff there seems to be at least an increase in the number of guilds. 

I am Draciferus in Twighlyte Song. Always willing to group with anyone.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Originally posted by evilastro

It is definitely more populated than the last time I tried it (about a year ago). I bumped up my EQ2 account to a Station Pass after the F2P announcement and have been enjoying lots of low level groups on my new druid.

Actually It's trending downwards

2010 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/296255/Another-population-count-.html

2011 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4441834#4441834

2012 Unchanged as people have mentioned in this thread

Give me a time and date and I'll log on and take a headcount and a screenshot.

Ya, for the first part of 2012 is was trending downward.  Now that SOE has stated a new team was put together, players are trying the game out.  Guilds have increased and anyone currently playing can/will see more folks bouncing around.  I bet once the word gest out about the new team and upcoming P2W thingy, additional servers will have to be opened.  I just hope SOE continues to resolve some of the bugs and adds content.

Originally posted by mastersomrat

ya, for the first part of 2012 is was trending downward.  Now that SOE has stated a new team was put together, alot for fold are trying the game out.  Guilds have increased adn anyone currently playing can/will see more folks bouncing around.  I bet once the work get out about the new team and upcoming P2W thingy, additional servers will have to be opened.  I just hope SOE continues to resolve some of the bugs and adds content.

I'm sorry but the headcounts just doesn't support this claim. Two people other than myself apparently checks the numbers themselves and they are pretty much a match for the last two years. If you see people from your guild coming back, then they are offset by people leaving as well.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter.  Just reporting what My friends and I are seeing.  I guess the best way is to simply just in and see for yourself.  For enyone interested, Thats what I recommend.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by evilastro

Actually It's trending downwards

2010 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/296255/Another-population-count-.html

2011 http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4441834#4441834

2012 Unchanged as people have mentioned in this thread

Give me a time and date and I'll log on and take a headcount and a screenshot.

*shrug*

For all I know it might be less top heavy than before, but theres lots of action at low levels now. All I know is that it was impossible to find groups last time I tried the game in 2011, and now it is super easy.

The guild I just joined had 60 people online at its peak on Sunday, although I didnt check the server totals. 

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter.  Just reporting what My friends and I are seeing.  I guess the best way is to simply just in and see for yourself.  For enyone interested, Thats what I recommend.

It's not an opinion a person can disagree with. It's facts. I would post a screenshot with a headcount right now but servers are down. Since you haven't checked the server totals yourself, I find your whole stance and comments weird. Why don't you do that and come back. Then we can have a proper discussion

I'll even do a headcount this weekend and post screenshots like i did continuously in my 2011 thread

What you see around you is not a fact. However using the /who count all command is

I recommend people stop listening to these "The numbers are booming again" threads. They are nothing more than a ruse to trick newcomers into subbing by creating a false picture

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

I think the game is great, but the people (especially at the raiding levels) are douches.  I played the game from 1-51 in a dedicated group of people I met on the newbie island. Paladin/SK/Bard/Disciple/Cleric/and sometimes a wizard/sorc or whatever it was called.

I go to the end game with all these guys then circumstances stopped 3 of them from playing anymore.  I joined a raiding guild and found they were douches.

This was the "nicer" of the raiding guilds too supposedly.  After that I left....  I honestly think the players in Vanguard are part of the reason why the game has been on life support for so long.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by Angier2758

I think the game is great, but the people (especially at the raiding levels) are douches.  I played the game from 1-51 in a dedicated group of people I met on the newbie island. Paladin/SK/Bard/Disciple/Cleric/and sometimes a wizard/sorc or whatever it was called.

I go to the end game with all these guys then circumstances stopped 3 of them from playing anymore.  I joined a raiding guild and found they were douches.

This was the "nicer" of the raiding guilds too supposedly.  After that I left....  I honestly think the players in Vanguard are part of the reason why the game has been on life support for so long.

I agree that a lot of the geared 55's can be a real downer. And certainly have a stick up there ass. But there are high levels that just want to kill, have fun and shoot the shit. You just need to look and ignore the "Raiding" guilds.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

It's not an opinion a person can disagree with. It's facts. I would post a screenshot with a headcount right now but servers are down. Since you haven't checked the server totals yourself, I find your whole stance and comments weird. Why don't you do that and come back. Then we can have a proper discussion

I'll even do a headcount this weekend and post screenshots like i did continuously in my 2011 thread

What you see around you is not a fact. However using the /who count all command is

I recommend people stop listening to these "The numbers are booming again" threads. They are nothing more than a ruse to trick newcomers into subbing by creating a false picture

And what are your posts doing? Every one is full of negativity. If these other posts are "tricks" tog et people to sub and they do sub, then what? The population goes up which is good for this game and the people playing it.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!