Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Pre-Orders Begin

Comments

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Face it, if you are pre-purchasing, you are an investor, particularly since you're not even getting so much as a release date up front.

It's very sad to see ArenaNet going this route, which is little more than a money grab. Has anyone seen anything close to a finished game yet? A good product doesn't need for you to invest money months before actual delivery. I'm starting to wonder if ArenaNet really has the goods.

I wanted a physical Collector's Edition before all this. Now, I'm not so sure.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by stragen001

£34.99 to prepurchase from game.co.uk but I would be very hesitant about ordering from them at the moment. £39.99 from play.com. Amazon.co.uk dont seem to be selling it at all which is odd. 

Not sure about Euros but the normal price for a boxed game in the UK is £35 - £40. 

I still think £50 for a digital download is criminal though, considering you get exactly the same (just game access) whether you buy the standard edition prepurchase box from a retailer or buy the digital standard edition from ANet. How can they justify charging £15 more than the boxed version?

Game are still trading? Yeah that's risky. I wonder whether Amazon are actually able to take money for stuff that is not released? That could be the problem there.

I'm glad I defered until I had read a bit more. I almost bought a US version through a proxy, sounds like they are toying with region locking though my hunch is that they won't actually do it.

Edit: Game is pre-order no pre-buy.

• DutchleafDutchleaf Member UncommonPosts: 3

be carefull with pre-ordering because it is region locked for the clients. I am not sure how they would do it though but it will be this way according to the community managar from arena net.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I can see how companies can sell pre-orders before the game releases, but I don't really get this whole "pre-purchase" thing before there is even a release date. Oh well. I'm sure millions have already pre-purchased.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

This title is mis-leading. This is prepurchase. Be careful.

MMORPG.com staff pls correct this error.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Just Pre-Purchased

This is the first time I ever did it

Dont fail me Anet:P

Looking forward to see you soon guys ;)

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

I'll be laughing at all the fools who get the Digital Deluxe. One of the items you get for $20 USD more disappears in 5 days, the Golem Banker. Says:

[quote]"Your very own golem banker, at your command for 5 days! This mechanical man-servant will grant you access to your account storage from anywhere in the world.[/quote]

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Dyner

I'll be laughing at all the fools who get the Digital Deluxe. One of the items you get for $20 USD more disappears in 5 days, the Golem Banker. Says:

[quote]"Your very own golem banker, at your command for 5 days! This mechanical man-servant will grant you access to your account storage from anywhere in the world.[/quote]

To be fair there's also an item that benefits your guild, if they hadn't overcharged us here in the UK i'd have probably gotten the DDE just for that.

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Recieving my key and stuff on Thursday-Friday. I just love my local retailer for having a discount today.

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

EBGames Canada botched the prepurchase. Due to a system glitch they can't allow purchases until tomorrow.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Ordered my standard digitial last night.  I'm not interested in the fluff.  See you in-game!

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Originally posted by thedarkess

This title is mis-leading. This is prepurchase. Be careful.

MMORPG.com staff pls correct this error.

Today is also the day you can pre order and get the 1 day headstart.  Yes you can pre-purchase but that is not the only thing that happend, maybe they can add pre-purchase also, but it is in no way misleading

• Artair83Artair83 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by someforumguy

Originally posted by Deldor

Originally posted by seastarx

Is that 50 euros including VAT and other taxes?

At least in germany, companies must label the final price with all taxes and fees included.

Also not every EURO country has the same VAT. Luxembourg has 15% for example.

Again I'm not sure what happens with the American salestax.

Your thing to learn of the day, US taxes are calculated at checkout, every city, county and state has different amounts and ways of handling it, if I drive a half hour away the taxes there at checkout won't be the same.

On a different note, I'm a bit miffed with Gamestop, I went there because I had a gift card and they didn't have the preorder codes yet anyway going to have to go back again and again now, ugh.

• jdm12983jdm12983 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I'm kinda confused - what does the suppossed link to the Guild Wars 2 site link to " http://us.guildwars2.dlgamer.net/?affil=0123962996 "

Who is "dlgamer.net"?

Looks like an affiliate ID.  Maybe it's the company they're going with to distribute the digital copies via download.

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

a new world record for preorder/purchase, GW2>SWTOR

Originally posted by Games888

Got a link?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Most of the items poof with a week or after a single click. I dont care for vanity pets and there is so many elitle skill to pick from that one more wont matter. There is no value in the DDE IMO and I dont care how good this game is its not worth 150 bucks. So SE is the only value for the money. 

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Most of the items poof with a week or after a single click. I dont care for vanity pets and there is so many elitle skill to pick from that one more wont matter. There is no value in the DDE IMO and I dont care how good this game is its not worth 150 bucks. So SE is the only value for the money. 

Of course- they save the really nice items for the cash shop.

Ok, I have no idea what they'll have in the cash shop, but that was too good to pass up. image

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

Much as I'm interested in GW2...I just don't do pre-orders, pre-purchases with MMO's (or any software these days). You show me the release version of your product, I'll show you my cash...not before.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Pre(what ever you want to call it)....but we're not going to tell you when you can have it ! And the lemmings line up.(shakes head)

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by Games888

Got a link?

yeah, I'd like to see a link for that

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Pre-purchase (yes it is pre-purchase and not pre-order folks) of GW2 without any form of release seems a bit time wasters now unless you think the collectors edition is going to sell out fast and you actually want all those minature statues, art frame, or huge book on the making of GW2.

Let's face it folks ArenaNet have even now written over a hundred pages on the making of their own game. C'mon ArenaNet, do you really have to make a novel length book on the making of your own games, it is not War and Peace and surely a 25 page color booklet on the making, or even a short video DVD would be better than the weighty novel.  

Pass from me as a read or pre-purchase, though, come May I will be playing Diablo 3  (I have it pre-orded from online store). Time to buy GW2 is when it actually has a release date and I can schedule it, and see whether I can actually fit playing it into my diary. We do know only 3 day head start so likelihood is that the game isn't that long. If it was then you'd be getting 7- or 10-day headstarts, ArenaNet don't want you to finish the game in headstart after all!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

Originally posted by Illyssia

Pre-purchase (yes it is pre-purchase and not pre-order folks) of GW2 without any form of release seems a bit time wasters now unless you think the collectors edition is going to sell out fast and you actually want all those minature statues, art frame, or huge book on the making of GW2.

Let's face it folks ArenaNet have even now written over a hundred pages on the making of their own game. C'mon ArenaNet, do you really have to make a novel length book on the making of your own games, it is not War and Peace and surely a 25 page color booklet on the making, or even a short video DVD would be better than the weighty novel.  

Pass from me as a read or pre-purchase, though, come May I will be playing Diablo 3  (I have it pre-orded from online store). Time to buy GW2 is when it actually has a release date and I can schedule it, and see whether I can actually fit playing it into my diary. We do know only 3 day head start so likelihood is that the game isn't that long. If it was then you'd be getting 7- or 10-day headstarts, ArenaNet don't want you to finish the game in headstart after all!

If by wasting time you mean the time I will be playing beta weekend events then yes you are right. Or the time I will be wasting with my 3 day head start then again you would be right. ANet has already stated there maybe a limited suppliy of pre-purchase. So if you want a head start and BWE then its worth the money up front IMO. I got the SE on April 10th and looking forward to getting first in line to play this bad boy.