Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: Nation & City Building Trailer

2»

Comments

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

what is this bullshit?  wheres the "fun" ?

It..Burns..

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

^ people said similar things about minecraft and look where it is. one man's trash is another man's gold..  aka to some this game is "lame" to others its "fun"

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

Originally posted by guy232

It's an explaination of the building system. He is explaining the game design, the trailer has more action.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Zekiah

Robotics

Robotic pets are expensive but offer the widest variety of functions. They serve specific roles and can be used as medical robots, assistance, etc. Robotic pets will never turn on their master. Robots can be used many times, but do require fresh batteries. They will never be permanently destroyed. Since robots can be purchased from other players and due to their ability to perform different duties, they make good general purpose or specialized pets.

Robotic pets are quite vulnerable to Electro-magnetic Pulse attacks, and can also be improved or sabotaged by Robotic Engineers

Making some use of the robotic models developed for Hero's Journey?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

ZZZZZZZZZ 

*wakes up* Eh eh eeeh? Is the video actually already over? <.<  >.>  <.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by grimfall

Originally posted by st4t1ck

This game is starting to look pretty interesting, decent graphics and a lot of customization.  im gonna have to keep my eye on this one

I just with they would spring for the remaining colours from Max 3D.  Brown and grey are great and all, but yellow, green and red are good too.

The overuse of that brown has been a running theme with MMOs. It's as if developers have some secret overstock outlet where they get brown pixels at a bulk discount.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by Zekiah

Item Degradation

Also of importance is the ability for most fittings to be removed and the capabilities for fittings to be consumed. Most fittings in the game will be able to be removed from socket and can exchanged or traded with another player through the auction system. We also are going to support consumable fittings (item degradation). You will have the option of using up a fitting slot to slow this process down as well as some fittings will support a quicker rate of item degradation in return for slightly elevated stats. We wish to build a world that supports crafters and skilled repairers while still allowing for a player not to have to repair every time they turn around so we will have a system in place that is fair to both situations.

Wow, now there's an awesome game mechanic you don't see much anymore.

Good stuff.

holy cow, just noticed this part. finally a game with crafting as a part of the game, rather than it being there just for the sake of it :)

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by guy232

its in raiding of course. Doing same instance over and over and over, and over, for some 400-500 times. Now thats fun. 

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Have had a eye on this title for quite some time now, and this latest video didn´t lower my expectations. Looking extremly good.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

had an eye on this for some time and its coming along pretty well :)

Cant believe people on here aint been crying about how shit the hero engine is because of SWTOR.. LOL

Check out the other vids for this game show what can be done with the hero engine if you have a little bit of skill.. unlike bioware :) Hell these guys dont even have access to the full source code like bioware does..

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

• Muerte_XMuerte_X Member Posts: 104

I have been waiting for a title like this forever. City building, seige warfare, player economy/crafting. Thats the whole package in my book. If the combat mechanics are fun, this could be a game I play for a long time. Looks like they are hybriding themepark elements, which is good, but I hope they stay away from an instance running gear treadmill.

Eve has had success with this sort of structure, not huge numbers, but ever growing numbers unlike the full themepark that bleeds subs as soon as it hits 1 month. I think this will capture a similar market, but maybe wider because I know many find that a spaceship in space is not as fun to play as an avatar. I wish the repop team good luck in thier efforts to change the MMO scene a bit, and get me into that alpha :)

Often lurking, rarely posting

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

After the disaster a few Bulgarians called Earthrise I'm a bit trepidatious to put much hope into a small indie team but I've been following the game since the forums opened and the devs have been fantastic as far as interaction with fans goes.

Video looks good, big emphasis on crafting and community... the last criterion that needs to be checked off for me is the "Action Mode" combat.  If it feels fast and fluid, I can utilize cover, and the weapon ranges extend beyond typical MMOs' ranges I'll be a very happy camper with TRP.