Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Amazon.com Preorder Details

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team from Amazon.com has reached out with notice of its preorder deal for those who will be purchasing TERA prior to the game's May 1st release.

In addition to the game, all versions of TERA will include:

• Early access to live servers (3 days before launch)

• In-game bonus items:

• Level 10 City Wheel Earrings

• Level 35 Seren's Sand Ring

• Pinto, the in-game mount (picture attached)

Check out the TERA standard edition and the collector's edition.

Folks preordering the CE will receive all of the above and:

• Regal Frostlion Mount

• Level 15 Velik's Bloodstone Necklace

• Level 40 Shakan's Bloodstone Necklace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Thanks of the update, I pre-ordered two.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I care about this, what is with people on this site and posting for everyone saying they don't care? It has been recently I've seen plenty of posts saying nobody cares on every news story. Somewhat irritating, if you don't care don't post and don't read it, avoid news about games you don't care about.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Even the beautiful visuals couldn't keep me playing. A sub par MMO tbh.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I pre-ordered it the day they started taking orders thinking the combat would make the game "fresh" and went to the next beta , it's an ok game but nothing new so feel I wasted my money unfortunately. 

I'm quite a bit more interested in The Secret World even though I'm waiting to see how good Funcom will be this time around. 

• khelbonkhelbon Member UncommonPosts: 124

The Pinto mount...Does it explode when you smash into it like the Ford Pinto's?

Sorry, had to do it heh.

Also, I am not preordering this game cause it just simply ain't my cup of tea but I hope that it does well or at least desent as we are seeing WAYYYY to many failed MMO's in the recent years.

Also not charging 150+ bucks for a CE is a cool thing IMO.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I can see why people like the game, and hope it does well for them but I won't be buying. The only thing this game has going for it is pretty visuals and the combat, and to be honest the latter gets old pretty quickly. Lag (while not frequent) can really screw you with this type of combat as well, especially if you're playing a squishy class.

I'd definitely play it as a backup game if it were F2P or B2P (cheap), but it's not worth paying a sub fee to me. I wish the fans the best of luck.

• fenrisbluefenrisblue Member UncommonPosts: 138

if this game was not going up against secret world online which will be released only a little over a month later i would buy it and play it,...but i gotz ta save mu monez 4 TSW !! iwonder if that is a factor for most people ?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I'm too jaded now.  I hope it's a good game but I'm gonna wait till some of you play it and post some reviews.

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I have trouble justifying paying a monthly fee for this game. Nice graphics and interesting combat, but not enough for me personally to pay $15/month for. B2P with fluff item cash shop should have been the route. I would then buy it but with a monthly fee, it doesn't feel it's worth it. I think I'll wait for TSW, hopefully that one will be worth the monthly fee.

Originally posted by fenrisblue

if this game was not going up against secret world online which will be released only a little over a month later i would buy it and play it,...but i gotz ta save mu monez 4 TSW !! iwonder if that is a factor for most people ?

Not after they saw the beta videos for the game. It doesn't look nearly as good as they made it out to be anymore. It still looks okay, just doesn't live up to the extreme hype it had.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

What extreme hype? Are you sure you didn't want to post in GW2 forums?

The only game less hyped than Tera is TSW and that's because their developers are pretty silent about it. If anything, those people who make a bit of noice in favor of Tera have played the game that's been out of NDA for ages.

Maybe I just read every news story on it, I don't know. Just felt hyped to me :/

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Xasapis

developers are pretty silent about it.

And thats the exact reason why I will be passing on TSW at first. Funcom tried its damndest to hide AoC to and I think alot of people here remember that mess.

As to Tera. Played a beta weekend. Combat was suprisingly fun. Not as fun as not being rooted in place but meh. Other than that it was so basic I decided to pass on this one to. The fact that it does combat diffrently though makes me hope it does well. Even if they only change 1 thing if it does well maybe that will show other developers that you can change things and still be successfull.

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75

Not going to compare it to GW2, but I can tell you TERA's combat blows TSW's combat out of the friggin water. By a lot. Like a real lot. TSW is like the 'lore' equivilent of TERA though. Where TERA is typically generic except for combat, TSW is really generic except for the quests.

I'm happy for both of them though. They both found a way to improve an aspect of an MMO by not going over the top and using it like a crutch like DCUO did for combat and SWTOR did for story. They are both more realistic ways to improve those features to be emulated by future MMO's.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

pre-ordered the collector's edition right after i tried cbt4, combat was a refreshing break from the usual crap these days.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I think at this point GW2 is so over hyped that no matter what they release it will never live upto it although this will work to its advantage as all they are after is large initial sales and not player retention. 

TSW on the other hand has zero hype which I think is going to help it quite a bit overall. TERA hasnt got much hype either but for me its just not different enough to make me want to play it. 

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I feel bad for the folks holding out on TSW, i followed the game since 07 and recently got a chance to "check it out".  Its absolutely the biggest let down for an MMO I've ever experience.  Anyway, if your sole interest is levelling a character with little or no exposure to other players is your thing you'll probably enjoy it. 

Anybody who pre-ordered tsw  in its current state should really hold off a month or so until you start hearing more info about what youre getting yourself into.  Theres a reason you dont hear much about it and most of its demos are GM lead until recently.  You're in for an eye opener, I had a lot of hope for FC but they havnt changed.  Its the same micro-managing team in the mix and theyre really not taking input from external testers at all.

oh, and ya definitely playing TERA.  I love asian style MMO's and art styles and this game is definitely my thing.

• ElizabetheElizabethe Member UncommonPosts: 12

Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

:p  Oh yeaya! :p
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Panther2103

I care about this, what is with people on this site and posting for everyone saying they don't care? It has been recently I've seen plenty of posts saying nobody cares on every news story. Somewhat irritating, if you don't care don't post and don't read it, avoid news about games you don't care about.

Because their kids or very young adults, and the very young are trendy and the current trend is to reply with no one cares or

no

one

cares

Take your pick, when people grow up they actually have original thoughts of their own, but that takes time.

• thakursethakurse Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by Celcius

The game gets compared to GW2 like it is even competition for it when it should compete more with the likes of a themepark MMO like Rift or SWTOR.

well even if I'll go GW2, I think you should not compare this game to SWTOR.  I played SWTOR for 3 months and it was like it was still on Beta.  A paying beta... embarassing for Bioware, they won't get a "professional" reputation for this game.  Tera will be a better game by far, even if it's the same "farming style" pattern. 

Playing SWTOR was a fight againts de bugs, not against the mobs.  They didn't work on the game, I mean there were no updates for 2 months (still nothing at this date).  The 1.2 patch will be in fact the real 1.0 and we stlill don't know when it will come.  They wanted the game out for Christmas, so... we, the players. paid for that.

• trojan99trojan99 Member UncommonPosts: 51

ill never buy a CE again. ill admit ive given in to the tera hype.....but i gave into the conan hype and the warhammer hype and countless others who have e-raped my credit card for CE's.only to hve me quit the game for excessive fail

never never never again. action figures, plastic maps, and oooo pretty friggin pixels will never tempt me to pay double the purchase price again.( im speaking of CE's in general and items i have recv'd in the CE boxes in the past )

until a game proves to me that it will :

* last

* not change its business model to f2p/p2w

* not suk

they will only get the minimum from me. i encourage all of you to not buy any CE

s for any games in the future.

so yeah, im excited for tera too, dont get me wrong. just tryin to avoid that butthurt feeling again when expectations meet with reality.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Don't really get why they announce something that has been known already... almost like I don't get all the people bashing down the game so quickly for GW2. I mean, have you seen GW2? Knowing you trolls, since more is released I thought you guys would be saying GW2 sucks already with your 'expert' knowledge and claiming to wait for the next MMO, till you get more detail on the game you never played to bash that as well.

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291

Tera is a fun game to play.  Combat is awesome, and graphics are high quality. Will not be preordering, as it is not different enough in my opinion to pay a sub.  There are just too many just as good ftp games out there.  Will definately play it the day it comes out ftp, if that ever happens.  In fact, if a game has a sub, I will not be playing it.  I gave up on subs after I quit SWTOR.

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Even though SWTOR content runs thin after a month or two, you still get a lot of gameplay for that $15/month.  After that, why would you want to continue playing it anyway even if it was FTP?  There's nothing interesting to do to even bother staying...

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Originally posted by nuttob

Tera is a fun game to play.  Combat is awesome, and graphics are high quality. Will not be preordering, as it is not different enough in my opinion to pay a sub.  There are just too many just as good ftp games out there.  Will definately play it the day it comes out ftp, if that ever happens.  In fact, if a game has a sub, I will not be playing it.  I gave up on subs after I quit SWTOR.

Judging by the opinions most people seem to have of this game, I'd imagine it will go f2p at some point.